RUSH dreams....

osage2112

I usually have very vivid and lucid dreams. Here's one I had and described to my best bud...how about you guys...have you had dreams of Rush?

What a dream...what is it about the body that causes a dream to peak just as you have to wake up...how does it accomplish this timing?

I was having this perfect dream...1-2 months after the Houston R30 concert we'd bought tickets for a RUSH evening where the music of Rush would be played in a restaurant/arena type of setting...kinda like where we saw Elvis Costello at the Bronco Bowl in Fort Worth. This restaurant was all one level but had an elevated stage with sound system, there was also elevated seating for the patrons, each elevated seating area resembled a low martini glass and sat 2-3 tables, there were perhaps 12-15 of these martini glasses in the ballroom. Our martini was about midway back on the left hand side of the room. We're there, having dragged the women along, just so we could hear the tunes of our BAND in a big venue. So we're sitting there listening to some intro Rush music and I notice the dim lighting is not from dim electrical lighting but due to an extended total eclipse of the sun. I'm busy showing you (Gary my best bud) how the shade underneath a bush will refract the sun's crescent shape, when I notice that stage hands are creeping around and are starting to set up a drum kit, techs are bringing guitars and an organ onto the stage. It becomes clear that the Boyz will soon be playing...NOW the the girls are digging it, you and are about to burst with anticipation. Down to our left, there's a side door and Geddy is standing in the jam and looking out (without glasses on) and catch his eye and tell him we really appreciate what they are about to do for their fans. That we as fans appreciate the gift they were about to give us. I ask if he would take a picture with Pam and Laura, he says sure and we get down to take some pics, someone offers to take a group shot, this is when I wake up, look at the alarm, one minute to go before it went off. I turn off the alarm go back to sleep and continue the dream...we smooze take some pics and enjoy the eclipse, they start playing. I drag myself out of bed 15 minutes later knowing I enjoyed a very righteous dream.

So I put it to Tom (my 12 year old son and two concert veteran) as we're getting ready to leave the house that morning, the dream sequence and the quandary...(Pam hears a snippet of the dream sequence and snorts, "dad must be talking about RUSH")...how does the body know to peak just before waking. He says he does the same thing...how about you, do you?

That's the dream and the serendipity. Let me hear of your RUSH dreams.

QUOTE (yyz @ Mar 17 2005, 05:29 PM)
I have had a dream. Neil came to my house, and brand his DW set. laugh.gif I played it, he was like, "You scrath it you DIE!" I was like whoa!

rofl3.gif I have had many dreams where Neil has came to my house and we played drums all day. It was pretty sweet. Too bad it will never happen. sad.gif

From the scant replies so far...I should have put this post in New World Women...we'd be talkin' 38+ pages in no time baby!

Osage2112

I told this story before, but it's worth repeating since it's so damn cool.

When I was about 12-13 and only been playing guitar for a year or so I had a cool dream. It was Alex Lifeson teaching me to play a song. But that's not all, well, I always kept my guitar right by my bed, I still do as the matter of fact, I don't know why but it's a part of me so I like it close at all times. Anyway, he was showing me how to play the song "Lessons" (ironically)...........I've never played that song before in my life, it's not a real hard song or anything but as soon as I woke up, I grabbed the guiar, AND STARTED PLAYING IT!!!!!!! I learned how to play that song in the dream. It's only about 4 chords and I only knew the main rhythm but still, that's one of the most amazing things that I have ever experienced.

I got a free lesson from Alex, and the song I learned was called "lessons" and it was one of the only songs that Alex wrote the lyrics for (that I know of)....

Everytime I think of this dream it gives me goosebumps, it's still so unbelievable to me and it happened to ME, so I totally understand someone who reads this and they think "ya right".............

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Mar 17 2005, 02:44 PM)
What a dream...what is it about the body that causes a dream to peak just as you have to wake up...how does it accomplish this timing?

Did I have a dream?

Or did the dream have me?

I'm guessing the dream is not scheming to tease me. I think it just gets more and more intense until the level of excitement is too much to sleep through.

I heave a sigh and sadly smile

And lie a while in bed

The only Rush dream I had was Geddy, Alex & Neil came over to my mom & dad's house & we all had dinner. We all sat around & talked for hours & then we got in a mini van & went for ice cream unsure.gif confused13.gif . Not really that exciting, but it was Rush yes.gif

QUOTE (yyz @ Mar 19 2005, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 18 2005, 03:13 PM)
I've had dreams about Neil.

They were nice.

wink.gif

Whoa.....

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I see you haven't gotten to know my posting style yet. That one was actually G-rated.

cool.gif

.......I have a had dream where I was cleaning Wembley Stadium after a concert and I found Neil just about to pack up his kit. He saw me in the corner of his eye and said "hi! Do you need me to move my drums out of the way so you can clean up?" I said " No Mr. Peart, I can wait until your done. Take your time!" Then he asked if I was a drummer and I said yes so he said that I could jump aboard his kit and play him a few things. After that, he hired me to be his new roadie/drum manager, then I woke up............. NeilFinal.gif

last night I found that my bud and I were sharing a two room cabana, that had a shared porch/deck with Neil and Geddy. No big woof, they'd checked into one side and Gary and I were sharing the other. It was the day before the first show on their new tour. Gary and I played it very cool. No questions, just unpacking and getting a look outside on the deck when we met them. We were in a Tropical beachfront setting underneath the approach for some local airport, so the jets were very low when over head. Gradually we were ingaged by Neil as to the jets and what had brought us here. Never saying we were fans or were ravenous to go to the show...we spent the afternoon listening to how Neil had free-dived 80 feet to recover a coil of climbing rope...(don't ask me, I just dream the dream)...Geddy speaking freely about mundane stuff, and for some reason all of us were putting gear away that was laying about on the outside deck. Opened my eyes and knew I'd post it today.

Osage2112 cool10.gif

I was in a concert hall, where a woman who had been famous as the anglo drummer in a Japanese girl band was relaying life on the road, gigs, happenings...it was a question and answer (kinda like the Silent Bob tour), I asked her why she seemed to be so morose and down in her responses to what to others had seemed to be an exciting and happy time in her early life...what had happened, why was she like this?

She had been famous, lavished on and in all the videos and mags on the globe. She starts to tell how being in the band was more like bondage at times then the freedom to perform.

Eventually the crowd had left and I stayed behind, more details of her life in the band were coming out, Neil had been back stage and came out to the sofa where this woman had been sittting and sat to listen, silent of course...I at that point became an observer and listened to the woman tell the stories that let the demons of non-stop playing and "performing" pass like an exhaled memory. It was a comfort to see Neil console and come to an understanding with this woman who had been manipulated and scarred by the music industry.

Not a very relevant dream to me but it was Rush dream.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 19 2005, 10:07 PM)

They were nice.

wink.gif

Whoa.....

I see you haven't gotten to know my posting style yet. That one was actually G-rated.

cool.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif Indeed it was. tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 19 2005, 10:07 PM)

They were nice.

wink.gif

Whoa.....

cool.gif

I'd hate to see a PG-13 one rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ May 19 2005, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 18 2005, 02:13 PM)

They were nice.

wink.gif

And, I've had dreams about Geddy.

They also were nice. wink.gif

Mee Too! wub.gif

They are always 'nice'

Archived