God, this gets old

GhostGirl

If I had boobs to stick in an outfit of revealing proportions I'd let them do whatever they want to me! tongue.gif

I do agree that the media sucks ass in nearly every way imaginable though. Promoting certain images to young people who look nothing like the image can cause emotional damage. eh.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lya2112yyz @ Jan 3 2009, 09:24 AM)
QUOTE (rnrgal @ Jan 1 2009, 02:58 PM)
that's really sad, lya.  Bad enough women in the US (and elsewhere) who are being targeted with these images are sent all these bad messages about beauty and body image and now the models themselves are feeling insecure and confused because of all this wizardry.  If we thought models didn't reflect "real women" before...

You and your sisters are lovely, by the way!

Totally. It's very sad. There was (apparently) a time when women could be accepted for being real women, and models were a symbol of pure feminine beauty.

Thanks for teh compliment too tongue.gif

indeed... some girls are chubbier, and some girls are skinnier, but it seems to me that no girl seems exactly satisfied with herself. your sister is in a tough business, where perfection is expected due to a public standard of what women should look like. i recall a time when i looked at a friend who is naturally incredibly skinny, and i asked her how she kept off the weight. she giggled and told me that she eats terribly and actually wishes that she wasnt quite so thin, because her weight makes her feel like shes a bag of bones. another friend of mine is latina, and has been dieting for quite some time. although shes lost weight, her figure hasnt dramatically changed all too much. it frustrates her all the time. i'll admit that even i get a bit disheartened about my 145 5'5 frame. i do my best to live a pretty healthy lifestyle without neglecting a bit of fun and daily activities . i do realize that the wish to be barbie is ridiculous, but i am truly very sympathetic with women who suffer from eating disorders.

QUOTE (yaoi_myantidrug @ Jan 2 2009, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 2 2009, 09:32 AM)
God, I get tired of hearing girls at my school complain about being fat, when they already weigh 90 pounds or less

Same with girls I used to work with. All in good shape and complained all day. One is over-weight and diabetic but she doesnt say anything. confused13.gif

Girls confuse me.

laugh.gif

Hey Ghost girl,

It's me, Kevrock. Steve's son. Remember me??? The little Rush fan???

I have not talked to you in so long. I just joined the forum and am having fun so far. Just wondering something. Why are you posting pics of Jessica Alba and talking about air brush and all that on a Rush forum? Just wondering.

Kev

2.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 9 2008, 08:54 PM)
I've never understood this obsession with stick insect like women. Ask just about any man and if he is honest, he will tell you he much prefers a bit extra and us blokes like our women to have curves, so I don't really know who this is designed to appeal to.

I remember my wife was a bit worried when she put on some weight due to being unable to excercise due to disability, but I just told her it meant there was more of her to love.......

Most blokes go for the whole package. We're not going to say "well, I like her legs, but I wish she would do something about her backside"

It's all or nothing, and ladies, in general we like you just the way you are.....

Oh hell yes. Absolutely.

QUOTE (Kevrock @ Mar 21 2009, 09:42 AM)
Hey Ghost girl,
I have not talked to you in so long. I just joined the forum and am having fun so far. Just wondering something. Why are you posting pics of Jessica Alba and talking about air brush and all that on a Rush forum? Just wondering.

Kev

2.gif

I think it was done because it is an issue with a lot of people, esp. women. (hence it being posted in the NWW forum...)

Explore the board a bit more, and you'll see that we cover a wide range of topics! smile.gif

Welcome to the board, and have fun! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Feb 16 2009, 02:52 PM)
If I had boobs to stick in an outfit of revealing proportions I'd let them do whatever they want to me! tongue.gif
I do agree that the media sucks ass in nearly every way imaginable though. Promoting certain images to young people who look nothing like the image can cause emotional damage. eh.gif

April your prettier then any of those girls anyways. wub.gif Don't worry about it.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 9 2008, 06:54 PM)
I've never understood this obsession with stick insect like women. Ask just about any man and if he is honest, he will tell you he much prefers a bit extra and us blokes like our women to have curves, so I don't really know who this is designed to appeal to.

I remember my wife was a bit worried when she put on some weight due to being unable to excercise due to disability, but I just told her it meant there was more of her to love.......

Most blokes go for the whole package. We're not going to say "well, I like her legs, but I wish she would do something about her backside"

It's all or nothing, and ladies, in general we like you just the way you are.....

goodpost.gif I totally agree with you Fridge.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 24 2009, 04:40 PM)

It's all or nothing, and  ladies, in general we like you just the way you are.....

Ok BUT! As a woman, I have to say that we're constantly hearing from men that they like "average women" but then we turn around and hear about how men want "Pamela Anderson"-type women. Even here, the 'That's It' thread is on fire. The men love posting pictures and talking about the women there and they are not "average women." So often times it's very frustrating. Which is it? Do you want an "average woman" or not? I don't see an "average women" 'That's It' thread.

We constantly get mixed messages. From men, from media... it's hard to escape it sometimes and block all that out and try to accept ourselves for how we really look.

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Mar 22 2009, 05:00 AM)
QUOTE (Kevrock @ Mar 21 2009, 09:42 AM)
Hey Ghost girl,

Kev

2.gif

I think it was done because it is an issue with a lot of people, esp. women. (hence it being posted in the NWW forum...)

Explore the board a bit more, and you'll see that we cover a wide range of topics! smile.gif

Welcome to the board, and have fun! bekloppt.gif

What she said. As you can see, every single topic here isn't Rush related.

Yep, I remember you. Welcome.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 25 2009, 02:52 PM)

It's all or nothing, and  ladies, in general we like you just the way you are.....

Ok BUT! As a woman, I have to say that we're constantly hearing from men that they like "average women" but then we turn around and hear about how men want "Pamela Anderson"-type women. Even here, the 'That's It' thread is on fire. The men love posting pictures and talking about the women there and they are not "average women." So often times it's very frustrating. Which is it? Do you want an "average woman" or not? I don't see an "average women" 'That's It' thread.

We constantly get mixed messages. From men, from media... it's hard to escape it sometimes and block all that out and try to accept ourselves for how we really look.

I can only speak for myself, but it all depends on what you mean by "average" women.

I think most men are speaking the truth when they say they prefer "real" women to the airbrushed silicon-enhanced barbies that populate the glossy tabloids and music videos, but there is a certain element of fantasy in a group of blokes getting together and speculating.

In a way, these make-believe plastic women are "safe" as deep down, they all know they are unattainable and would in any case probably be very unsatisfactory in any sort of relationship.Thus, they can drool and posure about what they would do in a certain situation with no real emotional involvement.

Present them with a real woman and they have to take it seriously and start investing some emotion and real thought about it.

Personally, I don't get it as I've never been attracted to that sort of look anyway. A woman may have the most perfect figure with alabaster skin and flawless features, but it doesn't matter a jot if there is no character and intelligence in her face and eyes.

Nothing is more of a turn-off for me than a dull, incurious stare no matter how prettily packaged.

Ummm.....I don't really know if this answered your question, but just some of my off-the -cuff musings on the subject.

Carry on wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 25 2009, 06:44 PM)

I can only speak for myself, but it all depends on what you mean by "average" women.

I think most men are speaking the truth when they say they prefer "real" women to the airbrushed silicon-enhanced barbies that populate the glossy tabloids and music videos, but there is a certain element of fantasy in a group of blokes getting together and speculating.

In a way, these make-believe plastic women are "safe" as deep down, they all know they are unattainable and would in any case probably be very unsatisfactory in any sort of relationship.Thus, they can drool and posure about what they would do in a certain situation with no real emotional involvement.

Present them with a real woman and they have to take it seriously and start investing some emotion and real thought about it.

Personally, I don't get it as I've never been attracted to that sort of look anyway. A woman may have the most perfect figure with alabaster skin and flawless features, but it doesn't matter a jot if there is no character and intelligence in her face and eyes.

Nothing is more of a turn-off for me than a dull, incurious stare no matter how prettily packaged.

Ummm.....I don't really know if this answered your question, but just some of my off-the -cuff musings on the subject.

Carry on wink.gif

goodpost.gif Fridge.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 25 2009, 03:44 PM)

Carry on wink.gif

goodpost.gif

Couldn't of put it ANY better Fridge.

Carry on wink.gif

That was a very thoughtful, intelligent and honest response Fridge. You expressed yourself well and I completely got what you meant.

You're a wise gentleman with a great sense of humor. Can you give my husband lessons? laugh.gif

Thanks Fridge. You're the best. smile.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 25 2009, 05:44 PM)

Carry on wink.gif

Once again I'm right there with you, sir. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 26 2009, 06:27 AM)

Carry on wink.gif

That was a very thoughtful, intelligent and honest response Fridge. You expressed yourself well and I completely got what you meant.

You're a wise gentleman with a great sense of humor. Can you give my husband lessons? laugh.gif

Fridge should be a teacher and teach all us men the ways of Fridge!

I'd pay.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 27 2009, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 26 2009, 06:27 AM)

Carry on wink.gif

Fridge should be a teacher and teach all us men the ways of Fridge!

I'd pay.

I'm digging the Al Bundy laugh.gif trink39.gif

Archived