NHL Playoff Predictions

apetersvt

Sad to see the refs clearly gave this one to the Stars tonight - With Bettman in the crowd he probably told them to tilt it their way for ratings - Wouldn't put it past that bastard -

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 14 2008, 08:19 PM)
Damn Refs - clearly blew that crease call !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they did, that was the worst call I've seen in the play-offs so far this season. (Even though I'm for Dallas only because I want to see the Wings out in the 1st round. I've never been a Wings fan and never will be.)

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 14 2008, 11:35 PM)

Yes they did, that was the worst call I've seen in the play-offs so far this season. (Even though I'm for Dallas only because I want to see the Wings out in the 1st round. I've never been a Wings fan and never will be.)

My thoughts exactly.

Can't see the Stars winning at the Joe, but at least we'll have some hockey to watch on Saturday.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 15 2008, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 14 2008, 11:35 PM)

My thoughts exactly.

Can't see the Stars winning at the Joe, but at least we'll have some hockey to watch on Saturday.

seriously...

that call stunk!

oh well. another home game for the Wings on Saturday!!!

common001.gif

Well, I wasn't expecting a sweep, but I picked the Pens in 5 and I still think that Philly will win one at home. However, when they needed that desperate push and to get some pucks at the net, it was pretty anemic. 7 shots through 2 periods? Weak. Like Jonesy said between periods, it was a Pittsburgh team that was making a conscious effort to play a more stifling trap; not just on Briere but on any Flyer attempting a pass out of the zone, putting the push for high-flying offense on the back burner. I was just surprised at Pitt's D. Orpik was playing a great game and made some outstanding plays throughout the night.

Its desperation time in Philly. I think they can pull out a win but I'm still with a 5 game series win for the Pens.

QUOTE (yetz @ May 15 2008, 05:54 PM)
Can I change my prediction to PENS in 4?

no.gif

you made your choice man, now you gotta live with it.

dazed025.gif

Really happy to see the Flyers play to their capabilities. I really thought, with all they accomplished this year, there's no way this can end in a sweep. Flyers have been down 3-0 five times in their playoff history and were swept every time.

Now, time to make more history! 1287.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 15 2008, 10:57 PM)
Flyers played a great game today. They were able to keep the Pens on the outside for most of the night and shut down Crosby, Hossa, & Malkin. Now... for Game 5 in Pittsburgh smile.gif

I was pretty pumped to see the Flyers win.

My 9yo son kept yelling at the TV for the Flyers to take out Crosby, and I had no input prior. He has developed a serious dislike for Sid the Kid. It could be because he is an Ovechkin fan.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 15 2008, 06:13 PM)
Well, I wasn't expecting a sweep, but I picked the Pens in 5 and I still think that Philly will win one at home.  However, when they needed that desperate push and to get some pucks at the net, it was pretty anemic.  7 shots through 2 periods?  Weak.  Like Jonesy said between periods, it was a Pittsburgh team that was making a conscious effort to play a more stifling trap; not just on Briere but on any Flyer attempting a pass out of the zone, putting the push for high-flying offense on the back burner.  I was just surprised at Pitt's D.  Orpik was playing a great game and made some outstanding plays throughout the night.

Its desperation time in Philly.  I think they can pull out a win but I'm still with a 5 game series win for the Pens.

Nothing to do with the #1 and #2 defensemen being out too? smile.gif

Flyers did well. Winning 3 more is a tall order, but taking that one last night was good. Enjoyable punches by Hatcher too, at the end, and I enjoyed Richards dance with Crosby at the end too. Lets see if we get our defensemen back...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 16 2008, 10:16 AM)
Flyers did well. Winning 3 more is a tall order, but taking that one last night was good. Enjoyable punches by Hatcher too, at the end, and I enjoyed Richards dance with Crosby at the end too. Lets see if we get our defensemen back...

Any guesses on how long before the first fight? I say within the first 5 minutes the gloves drop.

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 16 2008, 10:26 AM)
Flyers did well.  Winning 3 more is a tall order, but taking that one last night was good.  Enjoyable punches by Hatcher too, at the end, and I enjoyed Richards dance with Crosby at the end too.  Lets see if we get our defensemen back...

Any guesses on how long before the first fight? I say within the first 5 minutes the gloves drop.

20 seconds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/letsgowingswn81.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 16 2008, 07:05 PM)
Flyers did well.  Winning 3 more is a tall order, but taking that one last night was good.  Enjoyable punches by Hatcher too, at the end, and I enjoyed Richards dance with Crosby at the end too.  Lets see if we get our defensemen back...

20 seconds

laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 17 2008, 02:55 PM)

20 seconds

laugh.gif

How about a pre-game brawl!

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 17 2008, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 17 2008, 02:55 PM)

20 seconds

laugh.gif

How about a pre-game brawl!

You know whats coming now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_D6oQO6b8

Archived