First Rush record bought.

Slaine mac Roth

Yah his subject also happens to be the one I do best at (the other 2 are both a D and this one is at B )

I'll to trink38.gif that trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

(but not too much lol) 062802puke_prv.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first record I bought was actually a CD! I bought Chronicles to kind of survey their catalog before I bought any of their albums. My guitar teacher recommended the band. The first actual studio album I bought though, would be none other than Moving Pictures!

The first Rush album I "got" (as a present) was "Signals" on Christmas Day, 1982.

The first Rush album I bought with my own money was "Grace Under Pressure" on April 21, 1984

Well, in late April 2002, I won an advance copy of VT on the radio, which is what got me hooked on Rush in the first place. Then I got the two Retrospectives out from the library to sample the earlier material. In July that year I got 2112 for my birthday, so I beileve the first album I actually BOUGHT with my money was Moving Pictures, in like late August.

My dad gave me all of his vinyls that he had when i was 12. i discovered an album entitled Moving Pictures. Needles to say i loved it. I dug out all the other Rush albums he had and tore through them all in the same day. Then I went to the music store and bought Presto. 2.gif

The first one I bought with my own money was probably Hemispheres ... I can't really remember ... that was a long time ago!

The first one I got was FBN ... Grandma bought it for me ... I remember that distinctly for some reason. although I was only 10. biggrin.gif

First Rush record I bought: Moving Pictures. Then P/G the next day, as it had just come out.

First CD (of any band) I bought: Signals, around 1987. Just got my first CD player with graduation money smile.gif

Kevin

I only became a fan in March 2004, but I now have almost everything.

I first bought 2112 and Hemispheres in April 2004.

My most recent purchase were the remasters of Presto, Roll The Bones and Test For Echo last week.

QUOTE (Terry @ Jan 15 2005, 08:34 PM)
I was 21 when I first heard them (March 2004). I have been a Deadhead for many years, but Rush are definitely my second favourite band.

Whos your first?

I stole a radio bootleg of spirit of radio on cassette from some dude. I was given a copy of 2112 by a friend that was missing the album jacket. I then bought grace under pressure and "rush" at the same time. the clerks in the store all gave me silent nods cause I was buying "rush"

and so it goes

fly/dive safe

blake gg.gif

Well the first one I bought was the first one they made. 2.gif in 1974 probably the first week it was out. It was the original pressing on Moon records. I wish I still had it. I saw it in the record store and thought the cover looked cool so I bought it, I was hooked from then on.

For me, it was Moving Pictures 1981. It was my 2nd album I ever bought. My friend played Red Barchetta for me and I went out and bought it that day. When I got home and played it on my record player, Tom Sawyer hit me like a ton of bricks. The drums, the guitar, the bass...... It is a Masterpiece. 2.gif

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Jan 16 2005, 07:03 PM)
For me, it was Moving Pictures 1981. It was my 2nd album I ever bought. My friend played Red Barchetta for me and I went out and bought it that day. When I got home and played it on my record player, Tom Sawyer hit me like a ton of bricks. The drums, the guitar, the bass...... It is a Masterpiece. 2.gif

Amen Man!

and Welcome to the board! trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

For me it was All The World's a Stage...I got it through Columbia House (when they sold records) and it was the 3-way gate fold...Not too long after I got it, I bought Caress of Steel on 8-track, then A Farewell to Kings came out.

I couldn't tell you the exact time that I got it, but it WAS the current album at the time!

I first heard it not long after it came out...it just took a while to convince my mother that I really DID want it!

Yeah...I'm kind of old! 2.gif

Archived