• Fountain of Lamberenyth
    • The necromancer
    • Hemispheres
    • Cyngus X-1
    • Camera Eye
    • Fear part I, II,III,IV
    • Permenant Waves
    • Another one i just forgot

You know.... I love these polls and I hate them just the same. I've even tried a few myself. I hate them because it's SO HARD to choose just ONE. laugh.gif My listenening experience usually goes like this:

Bytor: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!

The Camera Eye: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!

Natural Science: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!

Cygnus X-1: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!

Hemispheres: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!

2112: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!

And now....... to choose just one. Hmmmm.

OK - I did it, but ask me in a week and it will probably be a different answer laugh.gif

I chose The Camera Eye, simply because of my attachment to it. It's the first long form song I ever heard from Rush, and it just has a hold on me for life. It does NOT mean that the others are less.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 6 2004, 09:43 AM)
You know.... I love these polls and I hate them just the same. I've even tried a few myself. I hate them because it's SO HARD to choose just ONE. laugh.gif My listenening experience usually goes like this:

Bytor: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!
The Camera Eye: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!
Natural Science: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!
Cygnus X-1: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!
Hemispheres: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!
2112: OMG this is the greatest thing I ever heard!!

And now....... to choose just one. Hmmmm.

OK - I did it, but ask me in a week and it will probably be a different answer laugh.gif

I chose The Camera Eye, simply because of my attachment to it. It's the first long form song I ever heard from Rush, and it just has a hold on me for life. It does NOT mean that the others are less.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

Ditto to this post

I went for 2112, but what song is Permanent Waves? I assume it means Natural Science laugh.gif

Woo hoo, I'm the first of the none of the aboves.

Why?

Because you forgot to include La Villa Strangiato. How could you forget La Villa Strangiato. Definitely an epic and, perhaps, the most accomplished piece of music Rush have ever done. The interweaving themes are sublime and, whenever I hear it, it sends shivers down my spine.

2112 because it was the first one I ever heard, I still love it. I love all the rest of the ones in the poll too though.

Went with 2112. This is the song that put me over the edge from being just a casual fan to a complete fanatic/lunatic. I had known about RUSH for about 2 years when I got this album. I had listened to it quite a few times before I realized it was a story. As soon as I realized this, I rewound & relistened to the first side 3-4 times in a row. After that I was hooked & there has been no looking back.

Such tough choices, but I have to give the edge to 2112. Still blows me away whenever I hear any part of this live, especially Syrinx.

btw, my 11 yr. old gives the nod to Cyg. X-1 simply because of that awesome opening bass line. 1022.gif

QUOTE (iamarushfan @ Dec 6 2004, 09:00 AM)
hemispheres changed my life

i dont think i ever heard music the same way again.

i love all the other ones, but this one kinda stuck out to me

a close second is the fountain of lamneth cool10.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif NeilFinal.gif nasty.gif

I've got nothing to add! Oh, except that my close second would probably be NS...

Hail the epics! cheer.gif

I know you can't live in the past, and Rush are continually evolving and bringing back Terry Brown would be the best thing since sliced bread/a crime against humanity (delete where appropriate), but wouldn't a good unashemed 15 minute multi-part epic on the next album be amazing??.

I had to drive 250 miles non-stop on Sunday, and after listening to the Birmingham NEC R30 boot from start to finish, I threw on Dream Theater's "Scenes from a Memory". Brilliant.

Let's have another Rush classic!!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 7 2004, 09:13 AM)
I know you can't live in the past, and Rush are continually evolving and bringing back Terry Brown would be the best thing since sliced bread/a crime against humanity (delete where appropriate), but wouldn't a good unashemed 15 minute multi-part epic on the next album be amazing??.

I had to drive 250 miles non-stop on Sunday, and after listening to the Birmingham NEC R30 boot from start to finish, I threw on Dream Theater's "Scenes from a Memory". Brilliant.

Let's have another Rush classic!!

Yes, I would love a song on a new Rush cd that Geddy could announce like this........ "We would like to do for you, side one from our latest CD". 1022.gif

i chose by-tor.....

altho...camera eye and the whole moving pictures album is what really brought me to be a true blue fan.....

but by-tor is my fav....

Archived