Mammograms

blonde77th

Hi all bekloppt.gif Just thought i would keep you updated so here it is ...I go to see the surgeon this Friday 11am. i kinda am looking forward to getting this Tumor out any pain i go through will be worth getting this out of my body ....the surgeon is the Chief of Surgery at the hospital so thats makes me feel like ...ok he must be good i hear even his bedside manner is awesome ....so i figure by the time i leave there i will know when he is going to operate ......i am nervous ,scared and everything inbetween on what i will go through after surgery But 1 day @ atime .....haven't had a good night sleep since i found out but i guess that is normal .......invasion is what this tumor is and i want it gone now .....sry for babbling but ty for the ears Prayers and all yes.gif bekloppt.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.gif Well God Bless my Brother he is going to tell my Dad on their Drive home from Florida on Monday so by the time he gets here on Wed. he should be calmed down a bit i hope unsure.gif at least he will have all the facts by then ....No matter how old you are telling your parents is still the hardest !!

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 25 2006, 05:11 AM)
invasion is what this tumor is and i want it gone now .....

That's the spirit Carol.

Sorry I haven't been in recently, but I've been away for a week, and neither my parents nor my in-laws have computers, never mind internet connections!!!!.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, but I think you've already grasped the most important thing. This is an invader and getting it out is the priority. Whatever secondary impact the surgery has on our bodies, and however hard it is to come to terms with it, getting read of those cancer cells is vital.

In hope the surgery goes well, and the histology is positive.

rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 25 2006, 08:12 AM)
This is an invader and getting it out is the priority. Whatever secondary impact the surgery has on our bodies, and however hard it is to come to terms with it, getting read of those cancer cells is vital.

yes.gif

I was an awful teenager. sad.gif I was about 13 when my mom had to deal with (what I realize NOW was) a very difficult decision. After having had one lump removed, the breast cancer had returned. While it was up to her whether to have a masectomy or not, I couldn't understand her hesitation. "Lose it, Mom!" (I die a thousand deaths every time I think about it. What an ass, I was.) My mom was shocked at my attitude. I'm not sure I ever shared my fears with her. I remember wondering how in the world she would care about breasts when her very life was in danger, and I was pissed that it was even a question in her mind.

She told me a few days later that she had decided to have the masectomy but gave me the raised eyebrow for having been so brassy about it. doh.gif She said I was right, that it wasn't worth the risk of not having it since this was Round 2. Besides, it was just a boob anyway. She said if she had to choose a body part to lose, a breast would be it. She would not rather lose a hand, or a leg, (or an eye, Madra sad.gif rose.gif ) or a lung or even a butt-cheek (since she sits on that.) But a boob? confused13.gif She had already breast-fed nine (9) kids and was still happily married. (She and Daddy had a running joke that whoever filed for divorce had to take the children. laugh.gif )

The masectomy cured her for good. She will be 73 this year wub.gif still happily married. wink.gif

Rolinda was not your fault you were young and didn't know better, i have a son who is 38 and he dosen't understand why i am so shook up he says is just a tumor Mom whats the big deal doh.gif no matter how i explain it to him he just don't see the serious side of it .......don't beat yourself up Rolinda at least you were young and didn't know better & am so happy your Mom is still with you !! heart.gif rose.gif

Hang in there Carol your appt with the surgen is tomarrow

I know you are so strong and you will make it through this and you will laugh on the other side of all this yes.gif

You are one of these women that nothing keeps you down for long... you have weak moments but thats when we step in and carry your weight...(no comment tongue.gif )

We are here for your venting and for your laughter and when you can only type with one hand

And when you make it through all this ... we will sit down and have a few drinks trink38.gif cosmo.gif but no patron.gif for you we will save for when you meet digi

for everyone else when she does her "thing" I will come in and post the results for her so I can update those who would like to know.

She is a tough OLD bird and will make it through this ... just to come back and drive me through the roof tongue.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (chaotica @ Apr 27 2006, 09:24 AM)
Good and take this bd.gif and moon.gif tongue.gif

I'll be waiting for the fight biggrin.gif

yeh yeh yeh i will throw your BUTT in the tub and soak you again like i did that other night rofl3.gif rofl3.gif see i know how to quote now lol tongue.gif

QUOTE (chaotica @ Apr 27 2006, 11:12 AM)
You know I let you .... i was afraid to hurt you but next time your coming down with me... bad leg and all pokey.gif

ha ha thats why you where STUCK in the Tub eh you couldn't get out z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif pokey.gif bumper.gif

Well Carol met with the surgeon today

They will be booking surgery within 10 days....

She has to do blood work before she goes in ( no big surprise there)

Then the day of surgery, First they must insert a dye that they can go into her lymph nodes and they remove the one lymph node first ... dissect the node and if there is any cancer cells they will remove the rest of the nodes when they remove the tumor and surrounding tissue (1/2")

Then she must wait another 10 days to find out if all cancer cells are removed.... if they didn't get it all, they will then go back in and remove more tissue until they get it all.

After all that she will have a meeting with the oncaligest (sp?) and they will decide what measures will be taken to prevent this from happening again... i.e chemo/radiation what have you.

I have posted this on behalf on blonde77th/Carol and will continue to do so when she can not....

My prayers are with her for she is the strongest women I know ... besides sundog...

I will be there the day she has surgery and will post after.... ps she will be home the same day of her surgery

ohmy.gif Wow, I wasn't aware of what's going on with Blonde77th. But now that I know, I'll be thinking about her and praying for her yes.gif

Best wishes Carol! We all heart.gif ya!

Thankyou kindly for your prayers and thoughts i really love you guys in here i always am talking about this place to my kids and friends ,i am just trying to get my place clean and polished lol cause you know i ain't doing for awhile after ........Thanks guys !!!!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/thankyou.gif

i will let you know when i go in TY yes.gif bekloppt.gif bumper.gif

Hey B. I didn't see this until Donal posted the link in his appreciation thread. Sorry, i don't visit the NWW much. Okay... i don't as much since CeeJ is home anyway. tongue.gif

I wish you all the best Carol. I know a certain other Carol (CeeJ), who went through this TWICE and though it was not the most fun of all experiences in her life, she came through with flying colors due to early detection. I've told her about this thread and she'll be posting later.

I have added you to my prayers Carol and I know that you'll be fine. Good luck anyway and keep us all updated.

Ken

Ty Ken and i would love to hear from your friend yes.gif bekloppt.gif i have been hoping to find someone who had gone through this before i would love to talk to ceeJ & am so happy she came threw with flying colors !!!But eh.gif she had to go through it 2x's once is enough for me !!! Edited by blonde77th

sorry that the first time i get to actually "talk" to you is this but i hope to give you a bit of hope. i was 22 and found a lump in my breast...the doctor said is was probably nothing yet scheduled me to have an ultrasound and a mammogram...turns out what he saw needed to be biopsied for further evaluation.i went in have the lumpectomy about 1 week after the mammo. the surgeon i had was wonderful...when i woke after my surgery he explained that from the "looks" he would recommend i start radiation therapy cause even before the results came back he believed it was cancer.i was a real mess...i had a 5 years old son and now i was being told i have cancer...all i could do was think ..i am going to die and what will happen to my baby. i got set up with the radiation therapy and started 3 days after my surgrey..i was really scared of getting sick and such..to be honest..i was tired a bit more than usual and i was burned from the radiation (the doctors can give you a rx for the burn to help it heal) but i felt good. i didn't feel like i had cancer. i was suppose to have 36 treatments over a 12 week period but i ended up having 1/3 of it knocked off...i only needed 24!!!

i felt wonderful, was considered in remission and a success story. i could now go back to being a happy mommy to my son. thank you to the man above.

about 5 years ago i found a lump in my breast...9 years after the first time..i was a basket case and thought noone can get by this twice. the surgeon i had the first time was no longer in this states therefore i needed to find a new dr. i had the mammo and was told it needs to be removed.. another lumpectomy..this can't be happening..why me again?

i had the surgery scheduled and came through withflying colors and this time it showed i DIDN"T have cancer!!

i still need to have a mammogram every year and read as much as i can regarding cancer and getting through. i know that if i got by way back in

1991 and it was a false alarm in 2001...i need to believe that i will be alright..

if you want to talk or you have questions let me know if i can be of any assistance. Good Luck and keep your hope and faith. y