The Sopranos thread!

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Apr 6 2006, 08:35 AM)

I just hope this whole near death thing doesn't make Tony all soft. I agree with AK. I think Paulie will have an early exit, "God Forbid".

I hope not on both counts! (Vito still seems the obvious choice to me to get whacked) cool.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Apr 4 2006, 12:33 PM)
what season is it on now on HBO?
I dont get HBO but i rented the DvDs
I think i saw up to season 4 or 5?
i cant remember confused13.gif

hey DW!

the show is in it's 6th and final season...

Great ep last night! The best of the season so far. I'm thinking that Vito is probably doomed. My prediction: he'll cap the two collection guys and then go after Finn. I know that they're trying to hammer home the fact that he's gay, but am I alone in thinking that the leather gear was a bit over the top?

Also, the look on Tony's face when he was looking at himself in the bathroom mirror was priceless. Gandolfini's an amazing actor.

I'm wondering if Vito kills himself. Seems like he checked into that motel to check out. But that does seem too simple. Vito seems ultimately doomed, though, yes.

Interesting how Johnny Sack uses Tony's crew to whack his deputies, in order to secure his own power in his own family. He knows that if he goes away, Phil will move in and take over, for instance. And Tony had to demonstrate in front of his own capos that he was still the guy by beating up his musclebound driver. And nobody saw him throw up afterwards. Like his shrink said, they only know what you show them.

The reacquaintance was made between Chris and the Pakistanis. This is going somewhere.

Well, looks like we were all wrong about Vito. He escapes to ..... New Hampshire??? So the word got out, and Vito fled. Paulie has the predictable dramatic reaction to the news. Tony then shuts them up by asking if they want to take care of Vito's family. Tony also has to deal with the loss of Vito as his best earner, and that makes him less willing to put him away for being gay. This could put Tony at odds with the other capos further down the line, I think. Vito looks like he's found a comfortable spot in New Hampshire for the time being. It's almost like being in the witness protection program, but without the government involvement.

I have to wonder where it's going with Finn and Meadow. Finn is having second thoughts about Meadow's family, as evidenced by his referring to Johnny Sack as Johnny Macaroni and also his concern about how Tony will decide how to mete out justice to Vito.

Tony also questioned Chris about the Pakistanis. I think Tony wants Chris to stay away from them, as he suspects stuff that Chris doesn't.

Stay tuned....

I wonder how Phil is going to deal with Vito if he sees him. I know when he first went and saw Vito's wife he was saying how he was gonna take care of him when he gets his hands on him. Then she starts basicallly pleading to Phil for Vito's life.

Carmela is starting to get annoyed with Tony not doing anything about the building inspection. She's been really good with not stressing Tony while he's healing but, I'm thinking that is coming to an end too.

The latest news is (*SUPER-HEAVY BIG BOOGA-BOOGA SPOILER*, highlight to read): Vito catches up to Finn and brutally rapes him. The scene is supposedly so repulsive that castmembers actually felt physically ill. Remember, this was reported by an untested source, it is very much a rumor and should be treated as such.

Source article at Ain't It Cool News.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 20 2006, 08:59 AM)
The latest news is (*SUPER-HEAVY BIG BOOGA-BOOGA SPOILER*, highlight to read): Vito catches up to Finn and brutally rapes him. The scene is supposedly so repulsive that castmembers actually felt physically ill. Remember, this was reported by an untested source, it is very much a rumor and should be treated as such.

That Ain't Cool News there. I wonder if Vito even makes it back to New Jersey.

Interesting episode tonight with Artie and the troubles at his restaurant. I think the kid is going to get whacked because he did something Tony told him not to do. I liked how Artie dug deep at the end for an old recipe for a rabbit (freshly killed in his garden!) dish. That was some beautiful writing there.

The Mayor of Munchkinland (played by Frankie Valli) is now gone. I was reminded elsewhere on the web that Frankie Valli also appeared as himself a few seasons ago on the Sopranos. I had forgotten about that. That likely will make relations better with Johnny Sack's outfit. My guess is that the return hit will be on Vito, possibly taken care of by Phil personally.

Seeing Chris go out to California and strike out trying to land Ben Kingsley for his big movie production was hilarious. Man, he is just a pathetic character, I must say. And back on whatever drugs and drink he could muster. I'm guessing that Chris is going to get warned off dealing with the Pakistanis. I don't know if he will be able to resist, because I'm thinking that he will be needing more money to support his renewed drug habit. And if he fails to comply, he could be whacked or set up to do time.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 24 2006, 01:03 AM)
Interesting episode tonight with Artie and the troubles at his restaurant.  I think the kid is going to get whacked because he did something Tony told him not to do.  I liked how Artie dug deep at the end for an old recipe for a rabbit (freshly killed in his garden!) dish.  That was some beautiful writing there.   

The Mayor of Munchkinland (played by Frankie Valli) is now gone.  I was reminded elsewhere on the web that Frankie Valli also appeared as himself a few seasons ago on the Sopranos.  I had forgotten about that.  That likely will make relations better with Johnny Sack's outfit.  My guess is that the return hit will be on Vito, possibly taken care of by Phil personally. 

Seeing Chris go out to California and strike out trying to land Ben Kingsley for his big movie production was hilarious.  Man, he is just a pathetic character, I must say.  And back on whatever drugs and drink he could muster.  I'm guessing that Chris is going to get warned off dealing with the Pakistanis.  I don't know if he will be able to resist, because I'm thinking that he will be needing more money to support his renewed drug habit.  And if he fails to comply, he could be whacked or set up to do time.

Another solid episode. yes.gif This one had more laugh out loud lines than any so far this season.

Funniest lines:

"Can I get you a Martina?"

"We lead the world in data collection!"

"FAWK!"

Meanwhile, this interesting pic has hit the web (Spoiler): Interesting pic.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 20 2006, 08:59 AM)

Did anyone else notice that in the opening credits where they usually show Joseph R. Gannascoli's name, it wasn't there last night? After visiting Joseph Gannascoli's official website and seeing this picture, I decided to look for it this week and notice last night's opening credits didn't have his name. Hmmmmmm?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/sl33v/joeyg.jpg

QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 24 2006, 01:03 AM)
The Mayor of Munchkinland (played by Frankie Valli) is now gone.

Last night when my wife and I were watching, at the part when rusty gets whacked I started singing to the melody of the grease Theme song

I got some problems I ain't feeling right

I just got shot on the Sopranos tonight

I was sitting in my big fancy car

Now I'm outta work, another washed up old star

Whacked is the word

Yeah I know it's silly but it was funny at the time laugh.gif

How about Lauren Bacall getting punched! ohmy.gif Wasen't expecting that!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 10 2006, 03:44 PM)
I know that they're trying to hammer home the fact that he's gay, but am I alone in thinking that the leather gear was a bit over the top?

Last night's episode was even worse Jack. That scene where Vito is making out with the Johnny Cakes fireman was way over the top. I did think it was pretty cool the way Tony couldn't bring himself to cheat on Carmela. That whole scene with AJ trying to whack Uncle Jr. , I was thinking Tony might be thinking about getting out of the Mafia, but who knows.

To be honest, I think last night's episode was the weakest in Season 6 so far.

Looks like we have the answer to why Vito's eye was swollen shut in that spoiler. I think the little things like Vito stealing that guy's cell phone will catch up to him eventually. He might be forced to find another hideaway. At some point, he will run out of money, and then what?

As for AJ, he's another pathetic character on that show. He's headed for a crash of some kind, it seems. It's hard to fathom an $1800 tab at a NY club at that age. I remember being a starving college student at that time. I wasn't able to determine if there was more to come from the police about his sad attempt to whack Junior.

I liked the recurring commentary on urban homogenization in this show. On the one hand, you saw the old traditions of the neighborhood dying out, being usurped by the omnipresent Jamba Juice. On the other, you had a coffee chain that was immune from the old school Mafia shakedowns that have vexed small businesses in that region for decades.

Tony is changing, there's no doubt about it. He might very well try to leave the mob. His backing out of cheating on Carmela demonstrated a break from the past. At the same time, he seemed more resentful when his smoked turkey wasn't in the fridge. Who knows where that will lead?

Just realized only three episodes left!

Theres alot of unresolved issues hope it dosen't end in a disappointing flat fashion say like Seinfield last episode.

Vito?

Junior?

Chris back on the junk?

To name a few and the numerous subplots find it hard to believe they'll be able to explain everything with just three episodes left.

QUOTE (softfilter @ May 9 2006, 08:39 PM)
Just realized only three episodes left!
Theres alot of unresolved issues hope it dosen't end in a disappointing flat fashion say like Seinfield last episode.
Vito?
Junior?
Chris back on the junk?
To name a few and the numerous subplots find it hard to believe they'll be able to explain everything with just three episodes left.

How about Chris and the dog? Thought they were going to hook up. Any guesses about their future? rofl3.gif

Edited by ouchithurts

Are there really only three episodes left? I thought there were more. Anybody got a link that shows the number of seasons. I'm too addicted to this show. There's gotta be more, right? Right?

It sure didn't take much for Chris to fall back into his old ways. I really feared for his new wife when she announced she was pregnant. I was a bit surprised at his reaction, anyway. I don't foresee a good ending for this character.

Carmela seems suspicious as to what happened to Adrianna. I don't think Tony convinced her otherwise.

What will ultimately happen between Paulie and Bobby? That could go somewhere. I hate to say it, but Schirripa wasn't too convincing as a tough guy in that one scene. It seemed to fall below the high standards of acting that this show has carried throughout. Paulie has serious anxieties about the impending biopsy results. And it looks like he is on his way to reconciling with his aunt/stepmother.

QUOTE (anagramking @ May 10 2006, 12:16 AM)
Are there really only three episodes left? I thought there were more. Anybody got a link that shows the number of seasons. I'm too addicted to this show. There's gotta be more, right? Right?

It sure didn't take much for Chris to fall back into his old ways. I really feared for his new wife when she announced she was pregnant. I was a bit surprised at his reaction, anyway. I don't foresee a good ending for this character.

Carmela seems suspicious as to what happened to Adrianna. I don't think Tony convinced her otherwise.

What will ultimately happen between Paulie and Bobby? That could go somewhere. I hate to say it, but Schirripa wasn't too convincing as a tough guy in that one scene. It seemed to fall below the high standards of acting that this show has carried throughout. Paulie has serious anxieties about the impending biopsy results. And it looks like he is on his way to reconciling with his aunt/stepmother.

There's three more episodes left for this year, next year we get the final eight.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 10 2006, 06:41 AM)

There's three more episodes left for this year, next year we get the final eight.

That's a relief and a bummer only three for this year! smile.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 10 2006, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ May 10 2006, 12:16 AM)
Are there really only three episodes left?  I thought there were more.  Anybody got a link that shows the number of seasons.  I'm too addicted to this show.  There's gotta be more, right?  Right? 

It sure didn't take much for Chris to fall back into his old ways.  I really feared for his new wife when she announced she was pregnant.  I was a bit surprised at his reaction, anyway.  I don't foresee a good ending for this character. 

Carmela seems suspicious as to what happened to Adrianna.  I don't think Tony convinced her otherwise. 

What will ultimately happen between Paulie and Bobby?  That could go somewhere.  I hate to say it, but Schirripa wasn't too convincing as a tough guy in that one scene.  It seemed to fall below the high standards of acting that this show has carried throughout.  Paulie has serious anxieties about the impending biopsy results.  And it looks like he is on his way to reconciling with his aunt/stepmother.

Thanks.

Vito has headed back home. How he gets whacked will be interesting. Live Free or Die. He has now chosen the latter. There is no life for Vito in New Jersey, period. He's done. His only hope is that Tony fronts him money for him and his family to move out of town.

Johnny Sack has pleaded guilty. 15 years, and they will be hard years. Nobody seemed too happy with how he handled it. I've enjoyed watching Curatola play that character. I read about him a little. He did construction work for a long time, and his wife encouraged him to get into acting later on in life. It looks like Phil Leotardo is primed to take over that outfit. It will be interesting to see how that all shakes out. Phil will bring back the old school style he thinks has been missing from the outfit.

And Bobby getting shot in the eye, what was up with that? Just ironic after all that Tony was saying about him and Janice in therapy.

Two more left. I hate to see what they're going to make me wait for until next year.