Which replacement singer was the WORST from this list?

treeduck

Replacement Singers  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which singer replacement is the WORST from this list?

• Paul Rodgers - Queen
    • Ripper Owens - Judas Priest
    • Blaze Bayley - Iron Maiden
    • Gary Cherone - Van Halen
    • Joe Lynn Turner - Deep Purple
    • Ian Gillan - Black Sabbath
    • Graham Bonnet - Rainbow
    • AC/DC - Axl Rose
    • Arnel Pineda - Journey
    • Jon Corabi - Motley Crue
    • Phil Collins - Genesis
    • John Elefante - Kansas

I don't know half these TD so I'm bowing out...doesn't Blaze get 100% hate from Maiden fans though?

You don't know them? Most of them are household names!

I was going to go with Brian Johnson! Wow Pat. Biased replacement list for you? I know you love "Flick Of The Switch." Yuck!

No Sammy Hagar either? Killing me Patrick.

That only leaves the one on that list I can't fuckking stand. Even my dad thinks he's a joke. We both left Journey early a few years ago. ARNEL!!! VOMIT!

Cherone was worse in Van Halen than Sammy Earl, and that's all there is to it.

Even if you don't care for Sammy in Van Halen, the band still remained huge with him there. I saw them three times with Sammy and they had no problem selling out the venues. People sure as hell weren't "Roth era only" at those shows.

• Like 1

I don't know half these TD so I'm bowing out...doesn't Blaze get 100% hate from Maiden fans though?

I was going to go with Brian Johnson! Wow Pat. Biased replacement list for you? I know you love "Flick Of The Switch." Yuck!

That only leaves the one on that list I can't fuckking stand. Even my dad thinks he's a joke. We both left Journey early a few years ago. ARNEL!!! VOMIT!

Even if you don't care for Sammy in Van Halen, the band still remained huge with him there. I saw them three times with Sammy and they had no problem selling out the venues. People sure as hell weren't "Roth era only" at those shows.

Yes I know J. I've been to every Van Hagar Tour. Ironically I just listened to "5150." It's the best Van Hagar record for my ears! It does withstand the test of time.

• Like 2

Yes I agree. I watched "Live Without A Net" a few nights ago. Didn't care for the set list but Sammy did bring a lot of raw fun energy to the show.

Yes. I agree. Gary is way worse than Sammy!

• Like 1

I never cared for Axl in GNR, but I gotta admit that I thought he sounded decent on the live AC/DC gigs I heard. Especially stuff from the Bon era, from which they even resurrected some vintage tunes that I've never heard Brian sing.

Voted Blaze. I'm not familiar enough with some of those singers to have an opinion of them, but none could be worse than Blaze. He made Maiden completely irrelevant during his years. No idea what Harris was thinking.

Mike! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! I can't believe Pat put down Axl over Brian. I think Pat is slipping in his old age!!!!! Axl blows Brian Johnson away!!!!! Oh and to top it off, when Axl was in the band they focused more on a "Bon Scott" friendly set list!

Pat for the first time in my fourteen years on here....... YOU FAIL! LOL!

You should know by now I hate GnR and Axl has always sounded like a scalded cat!

I confess I forgot this, but yes you did tell me this in the past.

I would rather listen to "You Should Know By Now."

Signed,

RATT

• Like 1

I never cared for Axl in GNR, but I gotta admit that I thought he sounded decent on the live AC/DC gigs I heard. Especially stuff from the Bon era, from which they even resurrected some vintage tunes that I've never heard Brian sing.

Voted Blaze. I'm not familiar enough with some of those singers to have an opinion of them, but none could be worse than Blaze. He made Maiden completely irrelevant during his years. No idea what Harris was thinking.

With Bruce, Iron Maiden fill arenas and stadiums. They headline festivals in both Europe and South America that draw hundreds of thousands of people. With Blaze they played clubs, theaters and half filled arenas. Has there ever been a change in vocalists that caused such an immediate drop in a bands relevancy than that one? That's one of the many reasons he's the worst replacement singer of all time.

Excellent analysis. I agree.

Even with Arnel on vocals Journey will still sell out stadiums. Ugh.

From a drop in revenue streams only I would throw Jon in there too. I hate that "Motley Crue" album. That was one tour I did miss.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Mike! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! I can't believe Pat put down Axl over Brian. I think Pat is slipping in his old age!!!!! Axl blows Brian Johnson away!!!!! Oh and to top it off, when Axl was in the band they focused more on a "Bon Scott" friendly set list!

You should know by now I hate GnR and Axl has always sounded like a scalded cat!

I confess I forgot this, but yes you did tell me this in the past.

I would rather listen to "You Should Know By Now."

Signed,

RATT

Earl What about Steve Augeri in Journey, I thought you might mention him!

With Bruce, Iron Maiden fill arenas and stadiums. They headline festivals in both Europe and South America that draw hundreds of thousands of people. With Blaze they played clubs, theaters and half filled arenas. Has there ever been a change in vocalists that caused such an immediate drop in a bands relevancy than that one? That's one of the many reasons he's the worst replacement singer of all time.

From a drop in revenue streams only I would throw Jon in there too. I hate that "Motley Crue" album. That was one tour I did miss.

I hate Corabi's voice. I got a Dead Daisies album with him on and it was bad. Even Doug Aldrich couldn't save it.

Axl to me was always a spindly maggot with a squelch for a voice. To be fair, he’s not spindly anymore.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Axl to me was always a spindly maggot with a squelch for a voice. To be fair, he’s not spindly anymore.

Now he has a squelch for a voice and he's a squelch himself.

I saw Crue with Corabi but I got free tickets. Scorpions and Crue were playing the same venue a week apart from each other and neither show was selling too well. So, the venue offered if you bought two tickets to one show, you would get two free tickets to the other. My friend and I wanted to see Scorpions so we bought those and got free Crue tickets. Crue wasn't bad but them with Corabi was a bit strange. The Scorpions show was awesome though.

Definitely Bonnet. Not that he isn’t a great vocalist just not right for Rainbow.

Bonnet makes my skin crawl in any project he does.

One of the worst vocalists on the planet with the worst hair period.

Even Blackmore wanted to fire him because he couldn't grow his hair out.

Worst ever.

Arnel and Graham should do a duet.

Signed,

Milli Vanilli

Not on this list:

Any of the replacement singers for Jon Anderson.

^This. Pay up, the rest of you, you all lose.

The guy, whoever's he was, was fine when I saw the band. For me, a Yes concert is mostly about watching Howe, which was mesmerizing.

Steve and Chris were outstanding, but for me it was Rick Wakeman. He was other worldly. Saw him twice doing his solo gig and have the Six Wives CD. Distinctly remember Yes' concert at Cobo Hall in support of TfTO, where he was bored af and was let go soon after that tour.

Definitely Bonnet. Not that he isn’t a great vocalist just not right for Rainbow.

Worst ever.

Signed,

Milli Vanilli

Do you not like Assault Attack Earl? That's a great album featuring Bonnet, and what about Alcatrazz including the best Yngwie album?

• Like 1

Worst ever.

Signed,

Milli Vanilli

Do you not like Assault Attack Earl? That's a great album featuring Bonnet, and what about Alcatrazz including the best Yngwie album?

No Parole For Rock And Roll! Yes! Disturbing The Peace with Vai! I dig those albums. He still annoys me.

Of course I love Assault Attack but man Bonnet drives me nuts!

• Like 1

Worst ever.

Signed,

Milli Vanilli

No Parole For Rock And Roll! Yes! Disturbing The Peace with Vai! I dig those albums. He still annoys me.

Well I can't see how you like those albums but hate Bonnet, he's a huge part of all of them.

• Like 1

Worst ever.

Signed,

Milli Vanilli

Well I can't see how you like those albums but hate Bonnet, he's a huge part of all of them.

I know Pat! My brain is mostly wired for the music. Yeah. I like those albums. I don't love them. "Down To Earth" is the worst Rainbow album on the Planet!

Worst ever.

Signed,

Milli Vanilli

I know Pat! My brain is mostly wired for the music. Yeah. I like those albums. I don't love them. "Down To Earth" is the worst Rainbow album on the Planet!

I think it's great, not a weak song on the album.