Deep Purple new album Whoosh! out June 12

treeduck

Hope the music exceeds the terrible album and song titles.

At least the title isn't present on the cool cover art.

I'm all in. Dude, I just saw Deep Purple at The Warfield. It was their Final Tour I thought. But once again they are still "Space Trucking." Yes, I stole that from another post. A European tour?

I'm all in. Dude, I just saw Deep Purple at The Warfield. It was their Final Tour I thought. But once again they are still "Space Trucking." Yes, I stole that from another post. A European tour?

Yeah they'll probably announce a US tour for 2021.

I remember sitting there dude at The Warfield. My buddy and I front row balcony. Great seats.

I was thinking this is the last time I will ever see this band.

Now a new 2021 US TOUR?

It is what it is.

I am seeing KISS and David Lee Roth on Friday night!

It will either be fun or a train wreck.

News at 11.....

I remember sitting there dude at The Warfield. My buddy and I front row balcony. Great seats.

Now a new 2021 US TOUR?

It is what it is.

News at 11.....

The guitarist is good with DLR, Al Estrada, he's a BEAST!

• Like 1

Now a new 2021 US TOUR?

It is what it is.

News at 11.....

Ok Pat! I'm excited!! I have tickets to see DLR in Vegas too!!! House Of Blues buddy. I bought these tickets six months ago.

I am so pumped!! Thank you!!!!

• Like 1

Now a new 2021 US TOUR?

It is what it is.

News at 11.....

Ok Pat! I'm excited!! I have tickets to see DLR in Vegas too!!! House Of Blues buddy. I bought these tickets six months ago.

I am so pumped!! Thank you!!!!

Apparently Roth's voice has improved slightly too since his residency a few months back.

I've listened to the clips, it sounds like it's going to be pretty good. Probably better than Infinite, Bananas and Rapture of the Deep, hopefully as good as Now What?, Purpendicular and Abandon.

92009572_1641267116022434_9120268946027577344_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQnn7rJptGx4bC-cV2yCkZDaHXoz2Y4oX6b-OYUWYIgRBOKcbpArn0u1CtwVti5xaws&_nc_ht=scontent.fman1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=1efe15a6f7ac212ddc98e7d8fdb23553&oe=5EADFC95

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...well, not exactly in this case; more cause and effect, where the latter is often greater than the former.

Distribution lines (the physical sales of CDs, vinyl, cassettes (?) etc) and retail outlets are closed until The Dreaded Lurgy* gets indigestion.

Therefore, as there are still so many of us who love to hold a new record in our hands, and following advice from our magnificent label, we have decided to delay the release of Whoosh until August.

During my quarantine I’m listening to a lot of music and guessing that it’s the same for many of us during this scary disruption to our lives.

We know, don’t we, that music will play a big part in our celebrations as we step back into the light.

But, health comes first, so I must stuff my excitement about sharing Whoosh with you back into a box for a little while.

Stay well and follow the light…

ig

*http://gillan.com/friends70.html

• Like 1

I got the album on Friday to write a review. Quickest review I ever did. Loved the album! There's something about their output with Bob Ezrin that really impresses me. Granted, on Infinite I thought there was more than their usual share of filler, and the inclusion of the Doors cover came across as a move of a band that's running out of gas. Whoosh, however, has a sense of renewal and a forward-looking sound. Will you be as impressed with this album as you were when you first listened to Burn, Machine Head, In Rock? Hell no! We're older, and listened to A LOT of music since then. The more albums we listen, the harder it is to have that spine-tingling feeling of youth when you discovered the bands you now love. But compared to their recent output, this album is amazing. Probably my favorite since Abandon.
  • Like 1

I got the album on Friday to write a review. Quickest review I ever did. Loved the album! There's something about their output with Bob Ezrin that really impresses me. Granted, on Infinite I thought there was more than their usual share of filler, and the inclusion of the Doors cover came across as a move of a band that's running out of gas. Whoosh, however, has a sense of renewal and a forward-looking sound. Will you be as impressed with this album as you were when you first listened to Burn, Machine Head, In Rock? Hell no! We're older, and listened to A LOT of music since then. The more albums we listen, the harder it is to have that spine-tingling feeling of youth when you discovered the bands you now love. But compared to their recent output, this album is amazing. Probably my favorite since Abandon.

Looking forward to this release Rod, I am a big fan of Steve Morse's work. I was somewhat unimpressed with the last release, Infinite, but Now What?! was a cracking album.
  • Like 1

I now have the album .... your review was spot on!!! ...... I am really enjoying listening to what I consider to be a big return to form for Purple.
  • Like 1

I now have the album .... your review was spot on!!! ...... I am really enjoying listening to what I consider to be a big return to form for Purple.

Wow man... thanks!!! One thing that went completely over my head is the song "And the Address". It was actually featured on the first Purple album, and they re-recorded it for Whoosh.

• Like 1