2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

This may sound silly, but it seems to me that LSU really is this year the proverbial "team of destiny" -- a phrase I almost never use. So, I predict LSU will win handily.

But . .. I don't bet on sports games in part because there is really no way of telling ahead of time what team is going to show up for any given game.

And there is something about Clemson and Dabo Swinney that nags at me, casting internal doubt on my "team of destiny' feeling for LSU

• Like 1

If Kirk Herbstreit mentions Clemson's D Coordinators name one more time I'm gonna barf. He does this every game...

Watch it be a 14-13 snoozefest.

It won't be, but 14-13 almost by definition wouldn't be a snoozefest.

on a 28-28 pace right now!

There's no room for that kind of analytics in this game.

To state what is probably obvious to just about everybody, Clemson started out gangbusters, going out to a 17-7 lead, but since then LSU has scored 21 unanswered for a halftime lead of 28-17.

The first half was a tough physical battle between two excellent teams, but that last touchdown by LSU was probably a back breaker for the game. Considering how good LSU's offense is, I don't see Clemson coming back to win it at this point.

Btw, Joe Burrow is friggin awesome. Good fortune to whatever NFL team gets him.

To state what is probably obvious to just about everybody, Clemson started out gangbusters, going out to a 17-7 lead, but since then LSU has scored 21 unanswered for a halftime lead of 28-17.

The first half was a tough physical battle between two excellent teams, but that last touchdown by LSU was probably a back breaker for the game. Considering how good LSU's offense is, I don't see Clemson coming back to win it at this point.

If the Bengals don't pick him (barring a big injury in the second half), there will be riots in Cincinnati

Watch it be a 14-13 snoozefest.

It won't be, but 14-13 almost by definition wouldn't be a snoozefest.

on a 28-28 pace right now!

There's no room for that kind of analytics in this game.

:LOL:
  • Like 1

And Clemson cuts it to three pts...

They get another field goal and all that fancy cipherin will done pay off.

They get another field goal and all that fancy cipherin will done pay off.

Hey...You know I'm a numbers guy.
  • Like 1

The dangers of extrapolation are laid bare once again. 35-25 LSU.

it's an imperfect science

Science, like nature, must also be tamed

With a view towards its preservation

Given the same state of integrity

It will surely serve us well

LSU now up by 17 in the 4th. This game is over.

And for those of you who love to trash talk the SEC: eat it, again. (you know who you are)

SEC 8-2 this year in postseason play, with yet another National Championship.

Final score 42-25, LSU.

Clemson got off to a great start, going up 17-7, but then LSU took control of the game and went on a 35-8 run for the rest of the game.

I would be lying if I said I was not happy to see Clemson go down like that. Ha! Eat it, Clemson.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 2

If the Bengals don't pick him (barring a big injury in the second half), there will be riots in Cincinnati

I was thinking last night that the Redskins picking at number 2 seems miles from that number 1 pick. Makes me wish they had lost a few more games. I realize they invested a high pick on Haskins but if they had that 1st pick they would have to take Burrow and just figure it out. As it is they will probably take Young and he'll turn out to be a stiff...smh

I was thinking last night that the Redskins picking at number 2 seems miles from that number 1 pick. Makes me wish they had lost a few more games. I realize they invested a high pick on Haskins but if they had that 1st pick they would have to take Burrow and just figure it out. As it is they will probably take Young and he'll turn out to be a stiff...smh

I'm thinking they might make a trade, but at this point do they even have a GM?

I'm thinking they might make a trade, but at this point do they even have a GM?

I am hoping beyond hope that they trade back and possibly get 2 later first round picks and a 2nd(which they currently don't have). I'll take 3 potential starters at other positions over the overhyped edge player who disappeared against top flight competition in their last 3 games...
  • Like 1