Your Guilty Pleasure Band

mully_53

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Mr. T. @ Oct 22 2005, 04:29 PM)
well, i don't know about telling a bunch of random people this. well, my guilty listening pleasure is...well...michael jackson. can i get some support? does anyone besides me out there like michael jackson?

I can support that taste....I love MJ's music....Should see some of the looks I get when beat it is pumpin out my two 12 inch subs in my car lol.........

I also am a fan of system they freakin ROCK........

Another one i have to put on here simply because i get noooo support from others when it comes to this band lol..... Billy Talent as far as i am concerned is Kick ass.....Thought so before and more so after Sarnia Bayfest.......same goes for Kid Rock

QUOTE (mully_53 @ Oct 27 2005, 01:35 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. T. @ Oct 22 2005, 04:29 PM)
well, i don't know about telling a bunch of random people this. well, my guilty listening pleasure is...well...michael jackson. can i get some support? does anyone besides me out there like michael jackson?

I can support that taste....I love MJ's music....Should see some of the looks I get when beat it is pumpin out my two 12 inch subs in my car lol.........

I also am a fan of system they freakin ROCK........

Seems like quite a few on this forum likes them also. I figured Rush fans of all people would notice that system is some rockin shit not to mention their unique style!!!!! No sense in feeling guilty about liking one of the best rock bands out there. Some just cant hang. laugh.gif

Remember, a lot of people trash Rush too but those people don't know what the f*** they are talking about either. tongue.gif

I like Michael Jackson. I was lucky enough to see him in concert in Cardiff. He was spellbinding, a true performer.

QUOTE (plodder @ Oct 27 2005, 03:24 PM)
I like Michael Jackson. I was lucky enough to see him in concert in Cardiff. He was spellbinding, a true performer.

I remain a Jackson fan (including the work he did with his brothers), even though I can't look at him any more. It's just too scary.

My fav. album from him is still Off The Wall, but his albums are awesome and his performance abilities on stage are truly mind blowing. Leaving all the other crap aside (including musical preferences), you have to recognize him for the talent he has.

And don't even get me started on his sister Janet. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Eminem, the "Eight Mile" soundtrack especially. I don't agree with everything he has to say, but he's not a hypocrite and he say's exactly what he's thinks. Try listening to the "Encore" CD without laughing your ass off. I can take him in small doses, however. He REALLY hates him mom. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 28 2005, 04:34 PM)
Eminem, the "Eight Mile" soundtrack especially. I don't agree with everything he has to say, but he's not a hypocrite and he say's exactly what he's thinks. Try listening to the "Encore" CD without laughing your ass off. I can take him in small doses, however. He REALLY hates him mom. sad.gif

Mrs. Mathers' problem is, she's got Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I wouldn't like her much either. I do agree he does speak his mind and doesn't beat around the bush. I actually like that song "Ass Like That" blush4.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 28 2005, 04:34 PM)

I've always liked Eminem too though IMO he peaked with "The Eminem Show" (I only like a few tracks off there) and he "jumped the shark" so to speak when he did the movie..."Lose Yourself" is a great song though...Haven't listened to Encore or anything else by him lately...Marshall Mathers album is awesome(along with Black Sunday by Cypress Hill, Chronic 2001 by Dr. Dre and several Beastie Boys albums as few rap albums I like)

Also don't know if this qualify but I like The Cops( What I affectionately refer The Police as laugh.gif ) and Men At Work ph34r.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 28 2005, 11:25 AM)

And don't even get me started on his sister Janet. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

No doubt about that. One of my favorite videos of all time is the "Love Will Never Do Without You"

The video don't have a lot of special effects or anything but she does one hell of a job in that one.

For me it would have to be Bob Seger, Thats what i grew up listing to, and what inspired me to play the guitar too! Great singer with alot of emotion in his voice!

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Jan 7 2006, 10:55 AM)
For me it would have to be Bob Seger, Thats what i grew up listing to, and what inspired me to play the guitar too! Great singer with alot of emotion in his voice!

Nothing to feel guilty about Bob Seger, in my mind. He made lots of excellent records. I remember being a kid in the 70's in Buffalo where they had a "battle of the bands" on the local radio station ( 97 Rock) and the two groups in the final were Bob Seger and Rush. Seger won that fight.

Edited to add my own guilty pleasure.

B-52's, Tom Tom Club and Rick James.

Through the years there's always been something strange at any given time that I would like that was far different from my norm. An all time guilty pleasure would be Barbara Streisand or Madonna. Things you wouldn't expect to find next to Slayer and Metallica, but they are. I've been really into certain dance music. I loved Black Box and some of that C and C Music Factory shit. Oddly enough they both featured Martha Wash as lead singer and neither band gave her credit. I LOVE Enigma and certain types of trance music also.

QUOTE (thetrees @ Dec 29 2005, 04:03 PM)
I have to admit i like Josh Groban. Awesome voice!!

i have to agree, i just happened to catch this guy on pbs, i was very impressed, but my guilty pleasure is stevie wonder.

I read these Guilty Pleasure posts, and for about 90% of them I'm in total agreement. For me, ALL music is my guilty pleasure. I could not possibly name just one and be satisfied with that - I can go from Manilow to Metallica and not blink an eye. From Sinatra to Donna Summer. From Janet Jackson to Journey. f**k yeah, I guilty.

Bruce Springsteen....but shh my dad can't know I like him, then we'll have sumthing in common! ohmy.gif

No Doubt too... I have two of their CD's...i take alot of heat when my friends notice that they're on my Mp3 player...cus the lyrics are rather girly but who cares....the pretenders too in that boat.....

The scissor sisters may be the saviors of music....

Kelly Clarkson

Justin Timblerlake (shup i dont wanna hear it)

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Oct 24 2005, 06:44 PM)
I would consider a guilty pleasure to be one that you own and at least listen to once in a while... With that said, mine would be:

Tears for Fears

(Especially their stuff from the 90's without Curt what's his name...)

I really like Tears for Fears as well. The production is excellent, good lyrics (friend or foe or family) and good tunes. Though I haven't heard their comeback album I was disappointed on hearing the single from it, can't even remember its name. I think Roland was better on his own. I guess ABBA would have to be another guilty pleasure album. My two year old has a Joe Jingles CD that has some good stuff on it too!!

Archived