Exit Stage Right

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

Tried finding if this had been posted before in a thread but no luck,but i am sure it has.Found Exit Stage Right  by the Vitamin String Quartet in op shop for 50cents sealed.Never knew it existed.Now i love classical music especially string quartets.Anyway i was happily singing along to the Trees when the missus said isn't that the silly song by Rush.She was taken aback that Rush could  e taken seriously by classical musicians.My only gripe,they didn't do La Villa. :gumby:

Sponsored Post

#2 Saint NIck

Saint NIck

The Seeker

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

I have this as well; I think it's TREMENDOUS !!!

#3 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20592 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

I owned it for a while. I ultimately found it a bit underwhelming and cheesy.

#4 Tony R

Tony R

Prog Archivist

• Members *
  • 17570 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

Lame.

#5 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46406 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M., Bill Berry, Mike Mills, Michael Stipe, Peter Buck ,Hanging out with my best friends Heather Sylv and Jas, Drawing and drumming, thinking about life, photography, listening to music, writing.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

Sounds interesting but also not really my thing at the same time. Might have to check it out when I can and see if it's any good. I know they have done some nice R.E.M. covers.

#6 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4305 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

View Postgrasbo, on 12 June 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Tried finding if this had been posted before in a thread but no luck,but i am sure it has.Found Exit Stage Right  by the Vitamin String Quartet in op shop for 50cents sealed.Never knew it existed.Now i love classical music especially string quartets.Anyway i was happily singing along to the Trees when the missus said isn't that the silly song by Rush.She was taken aback that Rush could  e taken seriously by classical musicians.My only gripe,they didn't do La Villa. :gumby:

This is one of my top Rush tribute albums.I love cranking this one.  I probably listen to it more than any other one. I definitely listen to it more than those other similar ones like the piano tribute, the Baroque tribute, Run For Cover, or the string quartet tribute to 2112. It's probably better than the Rockabye Baby tribute.

The only one in the same league as that is the Royal Philharmonic tribute which is really good too although i might like their Queen tribute a bit better.

It's very tastefully done.

#7 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

Went back to the same op/charity shop today and there was TWELVE Rush cds sealed along with some Yes,Porcupine Tree,Zep,Sabbath,etc at 50c each.Despite having most of these cds i bought the lot for exactly $14.50.The lady at the counter said the man who dropped them off used to work in a music shop and he doesn't like heavy metal so he never played/opened them(some of them are promos).He says he has more.Told the lady to hold anything he brings in for me.

#8 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4305 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

View Postgrasbo, on 14 June 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

Went back to the same op/charity shop today and there was TWELVE Rush cds sealed along with some Yes,Porcupine Tree,Zep,Sabbath,etc at 50c each.Despite having most of these cds i bought the lot for exactly $14.50.The lady at the counter said the man who dropped them off used to work in a music shop and he doesn't like heavy metal so he never played/opened them(some of them are promos).He says he has more.Told the lady to hold anything he brings in for me.

Cool. Don't have any Australian Rush Promos.  What makes them different?

The only Rush item I have from Australia is a vinyl 45 of The Pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users