Jump to content


Guess the lyric- without vowels


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 oghond2112

oghond2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

I will give you a lyric from a RUSH song but with the vowels removed. Your job is to guess the lyric and the RUSH song.

I'll start:

ws brght p t blv
th nvrs hs pln
w r nly hmn
ts nt rs t ndrstnd

Sponsored Post

#2 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 46674 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Bill Berry's Farm
  • Interests:R.E.M.,drumming,nothing much else

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

I can't do it it's too hard for me, sorry man imma out :(

Edited by Permanent-Rush, 12 December 2017 - 04:10 PM.


#3 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6597 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 12 December 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

I will give you a lyric from a RUSH song but with the vowels removed. Your job is to guess the lyric and the RUSH song.

I'll start:

ws brght p t blv
th nvrs hs pln
w r nly hmn
ts nt rs t ndrstnd

BU2B

#4 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6597 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

gt p t svn yh nd  g t wrk t nn

#5 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

    Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

  • Members *
  • 66722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 12 December 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

gt p t svn yh nd  g t wrk t nn

working man

#6 oghond2112

oghond2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostCyclonus X-1, on 12 December 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 12 December 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

gt p t svn yh nd  g t wrk t nn

working man

n hmnd scp
n ndrd n th rn
skng frdm bnth lnly dsrt sn

#7 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6597 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 12 December 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostCyclonus X-1, on 12 December 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 12 December 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

gt p t svn yh nd  g t wrk t nn

working man

n hmnd scp
n ndrd n th rn
skng frdm bnth lnly dsrt sn

That 1001001 song - can't remember the title

#8 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 101854 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Interests:Numbers & Codes!

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

Nw thr's n mr k pprssn

#9 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

    Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

  • Members *
  • 66722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 12 December 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Nw thr's n mr k pprssn

the trees

#10 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32220 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 12 December 2017 - 09:22 PM.


#11 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 12326 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 December 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

.

^^^ this is that super rare, unreleased song that was written when Neil was in his experimental, all-vowel haiku phase

#12 oghond2112

oghond2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostLucas, on 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 December 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

.

^^^ this is that super rare, unreleased song that was written when Neil was in his experimental, all-vowel haiku phase

:lol:

#13 CyriK

CyriK

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 287 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In your hallucinations
  • Interests:Finding Rush songs on Rock Band then playing them on my real set

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

View Postoghond2112, on 12 December 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 December 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

.

^^^ this is that super rare, unreleased song that was written when Neil was in his experimental, all-vowel haiku phase

:lol:
The song is limbo

#14 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32220 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostCyriK, on 13 December 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

View Postoghond2112, on 12 December 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 December 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

.

^^^ this is that super rare, unreleased song that was written when Neil was in his experimental, all-vowel haiku phase

:lol:
The song is limbo

Very close!

It was YYZ.

:P

#15 oghond2112

oghond2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Here goes:


wh tr
knw wh
ths flng nsd m sys ts tm ws gn
clr hd
nw lf hd
ts tm ws kng nw nt jst n mr pwn

#16 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

    Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

  • Members *
  • 66722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 19 December 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Here goes:


wh tr
knw wh
ths flng nsd m sys ts tm ws gn
clr hd
nw lf hd
ts tm ws kng nw nt jst n mr pwn

fly by night

#17 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6597 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

It would be way more challenging with no consonants...

O ee e se ie a
O a e ae o ie
O ea a o oee
O i e i o aaie

Edited by toymaker, 20 December 2017 - 02:05 AM.


#18 oghond2112

oghond2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:RUSH, Pokemon, musicals, creating musicals

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

View Posttoymaker, on 20 December 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

It would be way more challenging with no consonants...

O ee e se ie a
O a e ae o ie
O ea a o oee
O i e i o aaie

Okay, that is WAY more challenging...

#19 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 61281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Ted Nugent

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

View Postoghond2112, on 20 December 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 20 December 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

It would be way more challenging with no consonants...

O ee e se ie a
O a e ae o ie
O ea a o oee
O i e i o aaie

Okay, that is WAY more challenging...
Xanadu?

Missing the "a" in "sacred"

Edited by goose, 08 January 2018 - 11:39 PM.


#20 Airship2112

Airship2112

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 197 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

I am not doing this without consonants
G

Edited by Airship2112, 28 February 2018 - 01:39 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users