Jump to content


Stereo Headphones


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Oracle

Oracle

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2118 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southwest Ohio
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

Though it's not in your preferred range, I use a pair of Sony MDR-V6s that are great for music listening and movies. I bought my pair from Amazon when they were on sale at 79 dollars, and I think they regularly go for 100. You'll get your money's worth out of it for sure!

If you're still looking to not spend more than 50 for a pair, I would go with Audio-Technica ATH-M20x. AT has a good quality/price ratio and is always a safe bet for those on a budget.

Sponsored Post

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostOracle, on 03 September 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Though it's not in your preferred range, I use a pair of Sony MDR-V6s that are great for music listening and movies. I bought my pair from Amazon when they were on sale at 79 dollars, and I think they regularly go for 100. You'll get your money's worth out of it for sure!

If you're still looking to not spend more than 50 for a pair, I would go with Audio-Technica ATH-M20x. AT has a good quality/price ratio and is always a safe bet for those on a budget.

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B00HVLUR18

#23 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's Itâ„¢ Sig

  • Members
  • 15991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

I got a $240 pair of noise cancelling Panasonic headphones for $99 a couple years back on Black Friday.  Great deal, I only wish I got cordless instead of corded since I use them a lot.

#24 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 04 September 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I got a $240 pair of noise cancelling Panasonic headphones for $99 a couple years back on Black Friday.  Great deal, I only wish I got cordless instead of corded since I use them a lot.

I don't need anything spectacular.  Those days are over for me.  Just something so that the music sounds good and not tinny.

  The headphones I have now I like a lot.  I have no idea what they are though.  I don't see any brand name anywhere on them.

Edited by Lorraine, 04 September 2017 - 07:16 PM.


#25 djflex

djflex

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3830 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In the ring
  • Interests:Doing the tasks the voices in my head tell me to do

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 September 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 04 September 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I got a $240 pair of noise cancelling Panasonic headphones for $99 a couple years back on Black Friday.  Great deal, I only wish I got cordless instead of corded since I use them a lot.

I don't need anything spectacular.  Those days are over for me.  Just something so that the music sounds god and not tinny.

  The headphones I have now I like a lot.  I have no idea what they are though.  I don't see any brand name anywhere on them.

Can u post a pic?

#26 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

View Postdjflex, on 04 September 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 04 September 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 04 September 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I got a $240 pair of noise cancelling Panasonic headphones for $99 a couple years back on Black Friday.  Great deal, I only wish I got cordless instead of corded since I use them a lot.

I don't need anything spectacular.  Those days are over for me.  Just something so that the music sounds god and not tinny.

  The headphones I have now I like a lot.  I have no idea what they are though.  I don't see any brand name anywhere on them.

Can u post a pic?
Bless your heart.  No.  I don't own a cell phone.  Believe it or not.

#27 djflex

djflex

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3830 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In the ring
  • Interests:Doing the tasks the voices in my head tell me to do

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

^^^^^ no worries



#28 Oracle

Oracle

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2118 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southwest Ohio
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostLorraine, on 04 September 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

View PostOracle, on 03 September 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Though it's not in your preferred range, I use a pair of Sony MDR-V6s that are great for music listening and movies. I bought my pair from Amazon when they were on sale at 79 dollars, and I think they regularly go for 100. You'll get your money's worth out of it for sure!

If you're still looking to not spend more than 50 for a pair, I would go with Audio-Technica ATH-M20x. AT has a good quality/price ratio and is always a safe bet for those on a budget.

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B00HVLUR18

Yep, that would be the pair! I typically use them whenever I'm at my friend's entertainment room. Really good 'phones for the price.

#29 djflex

djflex

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3830 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In the ring
  • Interests:Doing the tasks the voices in my head tell me to do

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

So , did you get anything?

I'm obsessed with inexpensive headphones and earbuds

#30 IwillchooseFreeWill

IwillchooseFreeWill

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 791 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canberra, Australia
  • Interests:Music, movies, traveling, textile arts, science fiction, TV, AFL, Burmese cats, nature and the outdoors, friends

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

Do you like over-ear or in-ear? I prefer over-ear  for sound quality but they are hot. I had a pair of Altec-Lansing headphones I liked a lot but they got lost in one of my hospital trips. I'm listening to stuff on my iPad and will move to cordless soon.

#31 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostIwillchooseFreeWill, on 07 September 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Do you like over-ear or in-ear? I prefer over-ear  for sound quality but they are hot. I had a pair of Altec-Lansing headphones I liked a lot but they got lost in one of my hospital trips. I'm listening to stuff on my iPad and will move to cordless soon.
Over-ear.  For me, they are more comfortable.

#32 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

Well...

should i or shouldn't I?  https://www.amazon.c...8&condition=all

Since the new ones seemed to have gone up in price almost $15 since Eagle first posted the link, i was going to get the $49.49 "used" ones.

#33 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24832 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:00 AM

Senneheiser had great headphone sound for $40 about 10 years ago...and they still have that reputation.

#34 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostLedRush, on 08 September 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

Senneheiser had great headphone sound for $40 about 10 years ago...and they still have that reputation.
Thanks Led!

#35 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24832 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

https://www.lifewire...nder-50-4045021

#36 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 02 September 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

I used to have a set of these and they were really nice and light.  Good sound quality too. In this price range I think they are one of the very best.

https://www.amazon.c...OAvL&ref=plSrch

These are the headphones that I got.

I've been hemming and hawing, and every day I looked at the Amazon site, another pair was gone.  Someone must be reading this thread, because the best deals went while I was hesitating.

Thanks to Eagle and everyone for your help and suggestions.  :heart: :kisshug: :mwah: :hug2:

#37 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

    From Genesis to Armageddon

  • Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

Sennheisers are the bomb.  My ex bought me a wonderful set for Xmas many years ago and they still work. They're expensive, but even the lower-priced Senns are good.

#38 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostMystic Slipperman, on 08 September 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Sennheisers are the bomb.  My ex bought me a wonderful set for Xmas many years ago and they still work. They're expensive, but even the lower-priced Senns are good.
Too late now.  Purchase made.

#39 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:46 AM

View PostLorraine, on 08 September 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 02 September 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

I used to have a set of these and they were really nice and light.  Good sound quality too. In this price range I think they are one of the very best.

https://www.amazon.c...OAvL&ref=plSrch

These are the headphones that I got.

I've been hemming and hawing, and every day I looked at the Amazon site, another pair was gone.  Someone must be reading this thread, because the best deals went while I was hesitating.

Thanks to Eagle and everyone for your help and suggestions.  :heart: :kisshug: :mwah: :hug2:

That's great! I hope you like them.

#40 Tony R

Tony R

    Prog Archivist

  • Members *
  • 16894 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Close To The Edge
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

AKG are a great make.

I always buy Bowers & Wilkins but they are rather expensive. I only ever buy "manufacturer refurbished" as you can usually save at least 25%.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users