Zombie Films - Which Is Your Favorite ??

Lucas

16 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favorite Zombie Film

• White Zombie ( 1932 )
    • Carnival Of Souls ( 1962 )
    • Last Man On Earth ( 1964 )
    • Night Of The Living Dead ( 1968 )
    • Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things ( 1972 )
    • The Crazies ( 1973 )
    • Let Sleeping Corpses Lie ( 1974 )
    • Shock Waves ( 1977 )
    • Dawn Of The Dead ( 1978 )
    • Zombi ( Lucio Fulci 1979 )
    • City Of The Living Dead ( 1980 )
    • The Beyond ( 1981 )
    • Burial Ground ( 1981 )
    • House By The Cemetery ( 1981 )
    • Night Of The Comet ( 1984 )
    • Day Of The Dead ( 1985 )
    • Return Of The Living Dead ( 1985 )
    • Demons ( 1985 )
    • Night OF The Creeps ( 1986 )
    • The Serpent And The Rainbow ( 1988 )
    • Pet Cemetery ( 1989 )
    • Night Of The Living Dead ( 1990 )
    • Braindead ( 1992 )
    • Return Of The Living Dead 3 ( 1993 )
    • Dellamorte Dellamore ( 1994 )
    • Stacy ( 2001 )
    • Resident Evil ( 2002 )
    • 28 Days Later ( 2002 )
    • Shaun Of The Dead ( 2004 )
    • Dawn Of The Dead ( 2004 )
    • Land Of The Dead ( 2005 )
    • Day of the Dead 2: Contagium ( 2005 )
    • 28 Weeks Later ( 2007 )
    • Quarantine ( 2008 )
    • Survival Of The Dead ( 2009 )
    • The Dead Outside ( 2009 )
    • World War Z ( 2013 )

Off the Zombie topic but when I was a kid, this Twilight Zone episode scared the sh1t out of me.

I remember that well Custom ... It is actually The Outer Limits, which, when that show was on, was untouchable

A young Bruce Dern too

• Like 1

Off the Zombie topic but when I was a kid, this Twilight Zone episode scared the sh1t out of me.

http://youtu.be/KbPfzp5nMXA

I remember that well Custom ... It is actually The Outer Limits, which, when that show was on, was untouchable

A young Bruce Dern too

Right.... It was The Outer Limits.

• Like 1

Devils Playground

https://en.wikipedia...ound_(2010_film)

Better than any of the poll options with the possible exception of Shaun of the Dead.

c'mon Fridge, better than Night Of The Living Dead ?? Dawn Of The Dead ?!?!?!

I'll have to watch it

ok ... just watched the trailer

fast zombies

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/05/14/3CDE500400000578-4193402-image-a-139_1486306699716.jpg

Devils Playground

Better than any of the poll options with the possible exception of Shaun of the Dead.

I'll have to watch it

fast zombies

No annoying American accents......

Train To Busan is definitely up there with the best!

I think it's Korean. I have seen a lot of hype for it and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I think it's Korean. I have seen a lot of hype for it and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yeah it's Korean. Busan after all.

I told a friend of mine in a zombie talk years ago that there should be a zombie movie set on a train that's trying to reach some kind of safe zone. I assume that's what this movie is. It's a simple premise but that's all you need for a zombie movie anyway. Plus, the claustrophobia of a train + the ability for the characters to hide/lock themselves in other parts of the train are all there for the taking.

I should check that out.

I told a friend of mine in a zombie talk years ago that there should be a zombie movie set on a train that's trying to reach some kind of safe zone. I assume that's what this movie is. It's a simple premise but that's all you need for a zombie movie anyway. Plus, the claustrophobia of a train + the ability for the characters to hide/lock themselves in other parts of the train are all there for the taking.

I should check that out.

This is the film you've been waiting for!

• Like 1

Devils Playground

I'll have to watch it

fast zombies

Isn't Devil's Playground very similar to 28 Days Later? That is, viral and they're not dead + they're fast. Right?

I should check that out.

Thanks Segue, I didn't know about this one .... Not big on fast zombies, but it looks worthwhile

I should check that out.

Thanks Segue, I didn't know about this one .... Not big on fast zombies, but it looks worthwhile

This is more of a viral outbreak than a walking dead flick...it works for me

And the entire concept of zombies is unrealistic so my imagination is fine with fast or slow.

Edited by Segue Myles

I should check that out.

And the entire concept of zombies is unrealistic so my imagination is fine with fast or slow.

Pretty much every fantasy concept is unrealistic, that's why it's fantasy.

I should check that out.

That's true of course but there's a reason why you and I prefer Marvel over DC: there's a certain higher degree of realism with the Marvel characters than those in DC.

For me, they don't HAVE TO be slow, shambling undead. It just has to be an entertaining movie. I liked the fleet-footed non-zombies in 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later so rabid, fast runners in that Busan movie would likely be okay with me. I'll be on the look out for that one. Thanks Segue :cheers:

• Like 1

Devils Playground

I'll have to watch it

fast zombies

Isn't Devil's Playground very similar to 28 Days Later? That is, viral and they're not dead + they're fast. Right?

Without the tedium of 28 Days later.

Devils Playground

I'll have to watch it

fast zombies

What'd you think was tedious?

I should check that out.

Exactly.

Devils Playground

I'll have to watch it

fast zombies

I just thought it was rather laboured and repetetive

Devils Playground

I'll have to watch it

fast zombies

I preferred 28 Weeks Later. Felt more inventive and the entire concept was more intriguing. Like a better executed version of Romero's bore Land Of The Dead.

Devils Playground

I'll have to watch it

fast zombies

I preferred 28 Weeks Later. Felt more inventive and the entire concept was more intriguing. Like a better executed version of Romero's bore Land Of The Dead.

Land of the Dead had very few redeeming qualities. Diary of the Dead was even worse. And Survival of the Dead was somehow even worse than that.

• Like 1

I should check that out.

Exactly.

So you only like factual drama then?

I should check that out.

Exactly.

So you only like factual drama then?

No. I like no limits on my fantasy.

Fast or slow zombies...I'm down for either.