Ghost - Popestar

x1yyz

I heard he was unhappy with the lack of recognition. People were getting him mixed up with the other musicians.

I can see why this might be true. He could use the fact that he's in Ghost to help him get other gigs, but who would believe him? But leaving doesn't really help since he hasn't gone public so who would believe that he was a member still?

I heard he was unhappy with the lack of recognition. People were getting him mixed up with the other musicians.

I can see why this might be true. He could use the fact that he's in Ghost to help him get other gigs, but who would believe him? But leaving doesn't really help since he hasn't gone public so who would believe that he was a member still?

And it's so hard for ghouls to find work in this industry. It's really not fair.

• Like 2

Huge,

I'm coming up from Ohio, picking up a friend in Ann Arbor on the way. Not sure if we're going to have time for any pre-gaming activity. I'll send you a PM here momentarily.

Meanwhile, have you heard Year Zero yet?

I have and I dig it... So far, everything I've heard is good, some more catchy than others but all got my attention on the first listen. Although I have not watched the entire video, I did find a full live show (HELLFEST 2016) that shows what the live experience is like... very rockin'... I"m fired up for the show on MOnday!

Rock on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTrvp3NFlY

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 3

And it's so hard for ghouls to find work in this industry. It's really not fair.

:LOL:

Square Hammer rules!! It's surely a better developed sound and one of their best songs ever. :haz:

*waiting for the concert in the country* :cheers:

Oh my! This band is really getting to me... I cannot wait until the live show on Monday night! This acoustic version of Cirice is quite amazing in every way... Rock on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVwuAgqWMWw

• Like 3

Which shows will you see? They aren't playing the SF Bay area are they? I'll report on the show in a few hours... I'm sure it's going to be a rockin' great time!

Let me drop a name now... Alice Cooper was just in the store where I work and I was talking with him about his current tour and mentioned the show I'm attending tonight. I said, "You would probably love these guys!". He says, "Oh, I do... we played a show together in Denmark somewhere and you'd be amazed at the guys in the band". He pointed to a very clean-cut young guy on our staff and said, "The lead singer looks like that guy. You'd think he worked in a library at Harvard or somewhere."

But put on their stage persona and they rock the HELL out of (or INTO) the place...at least that's what I'm looking forward to in a couple of hours...

Rock on!

• Like 4

Which shows will you see? They aren't playing the SF Bay area are they? I'll report on the show in a few hours... I'm sure it's going to be a rockin' great time!

Let me drop a name now... Alice Cooper was just in the store where I work and I was talking with him about his current tour and mentioned the show I'm attending tonight. I said, "You would probably love these guys!". He says, "Oh, I do... we played a show together in Denmark somewhere and you'd be amazed at the guys in the band". He pointed to a very clean-cut young guy on our staff and said, "The lead singer looks like that guy. You'd think he worked in a library at Harvard or somewhere."

But put on their stage persona and they rock the HELL out of (or INTO) the place...at least that's what I'm looking forward to in a couple of hours...

Rock on!

Great story!

I've often wondered what my reaction would be if I ever meet Alice Cooper? I know what a cool and down to earth guy he is but I don't know if I could just have a regular conversation with him like you did. I think my reaction would be more along the lines of when Wayne and Garth meet him in Wayne's World :LOL:

• Like 1

Rock on!

Great story!

I've often wondered what my reaction would be if I ever meet Alice Cooper? I know what a cool and down to earth guy he is but I don't know if I could just have a regular conversation with him like you did. I think my reaction would be more along the lines of when Wayne and Garth meet him in Wayne's World :LOL:

I was a little star-struck the first time I met him but he really is just a totally low-key dude... he just hung around the store for about an hour today, buying stuff, talking up the staff and other customers, taking photos with a bunch of folks. I had a nice long talk with his wife as well and have gotten to know one of his production assistants over a couple of visits here and attending Hollywood Vampires and Alice Cooper shows recently. She is a friend of the business and Alice is an adopted son of Detroit, so he's home when he is here. I may go see his show in Toledo tomorrow night but I'll see how I feel after the night out to see Ghost tonight. I'm too old to do two late-night rock shows AND still get to work and be even slightly productive the next days. But a great rock show is worth the sacrifice, I think... we'll see...

Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Bucky%20Bikes%20the%20Bay%20Sept%2019%202009/me%20and%20Alice%20C._zpsibp0wbdq.jpg

• Like 6

Rock on!

Oh wow, cool story!

The only show they're playing near the Bay Area is a festival in Sacramento, but I don't do festivals. So I'm going to the Eugene & Portland shows instead. Plus then I get to see one of my very good friends who lives in Portland :D

• Like 2

Rock on!

Oh wow, cool story!

The only show they're playing near the Bay Area is a festival in Sacramento, but I don't do festivals. So I'm going to the Eugene & Portland shows instead. Plus then I get to see one of my very good friends who lives in Portland :D

Super cool! I did Seattle / Portland back-to-back RUSH shows for R30...back when the band actually played dates back-to-back. I was living in San Leandro, CA, at that time...I still carry my (510) cell phone after all these years.

Have a great trip and enjoy the Ghost show. It was tons of fun last night here in The D-! I have photos and a nice video of Cirice / Year Zero that I'll post tonight.

Rock on!

• Like 1

Killer show last night in Detroit -- slick, polished, fun. It was made even better by meeting up with TRFer Huge Ackman beforehand! My friends and I were up near the stage, in that swirling, sweaty mass of bodies. Thankfully the mosh pit that erupted was just far enough away that I didn't get swept up in it and be forced to move.

I missed Omega's stage presence, but Water of course did a fine job taking over rhythm duties.

I also enjoyed the opener (Carpenter Brut, a heavy instrumental electro band from France), although I don't tend to listen to that type of music much at all. Great sound!

http://i.imgur.com/3p2E2bml.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent, I'm glad to hear it was a good show! I sent some YouTube links to my Portland friend, hoping she'll like the band enough to come to the show with me.

Is anyone here going to either Oregon show?

• Like 1

A few shots from the front row of the balcony. Great show, awesome view and really good sound quality in the middle and up high. It was most excellent to meet Chronos before the show!

Rock on!

http://s190.photobucket.com/user/bfwgjma/library/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016?sort=2&page=1

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016/1003162155_zpsfck6csgy.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016/1003162204_zpsbwbrxhna.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016/1003162219a_zpsyednl4nu.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016/1003162234c_zpsw4gwyktk.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016/1003162234g_zps4hze7h68.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016/1003162235_zpsqq8nlrnb.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ghost%20the%20Fillmore%20Detroit%20Oct%203%202016/1003162246b_zpsplsafcsj.jpg

Video coming shortly...

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 4