12-21-2012

launchpad67a

Your thoughts about 12-21-2012 being the end as we know it??

http://www.december212012.com/

I ask that you please read some of the interesting articles, theories and facts before replying. There is some valid proof that this date could really mean something important.

Not sure what I actually think about it yet. But I am leaning towards it being valid.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 29 2007, 12:58 PM)
Besides the fact that it'll be the closest our generation comes to being alive for 2112? tongue.gif

(I haven't clicked the link as I'm about to walk out the door.)

Not "2112" .... 2012 !! cool.gif

There was a thread I started regarding this in Turn the Page called '2012 jump on the bandwagon'. Yes interesting articles. It is interesting how the human condition is conditioned to assume the poor me pity me whoa is us sort of an ending. The Christians Armageddon sure have people freaked out. Perhaps people should read up on the ACTUAL Armageddon desert in the middle east where the supposed first Christian Church still stands. Dating back to when you could still be persecuted for being a Christian the first 200 years A.D. to realize the Mayan scriptures are only stating the end of their calendar according to the cycles of the stars and NOT the "End of Days".

laugh.gif Cool, going Greek, I can dig it! smile.gif I am still vearing toward the Photon Belt or what the Mayans refferred to as the Ouroboros, the serpent that eats its own tail, a symbol in the heavens symbolizing cyclical change. There is a dark spot in the sky that they believe is the Alpha and the Omega of all. Where death of the stars occure and are then reborn. At this point we have been skimming the surface of the Photon Belt for 10-15 years. Photons are light, light is radiation. Radiation has adverse effects on the Earth and the Carbon based life that inhabits it. Not to mention mental stability.

http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

try ^^^ link for some good stuff yes.gif I've had it on my comp for some time, never though anyone was interested.

People have all sorts of opinions and 'evidence'. As treeduck states some people believe it it some cosmos global consciousness spiritual thing others vehemently think it is doomsday. Many people argue whether this date even occurs on the 20th, or 21st or 22nd or 23rd....

And interesting book I read - which was NOT about this subject specifically but rather more looking into evidence whether there ever may have been an advanced civilization like ourselves on this planet long ago... but does wind up dropping lots of clues about 2012 stuff garnered from Mayan, Egyptian and other structures and artifacts from around the world...

Highly recommended book content wise although somewhat of a heavy and technical read at times... also discusses a bit about something called "earth crust displacement theory" which is a rather alarming theory.

Personally I don't STRONGLY believe something may happen at this time but I wouldn't be surprised either. If anything I feel some ancient structures such as the great pyramids for example are just screaming out trying to tell us something - warn us of something we can't quite yet understand.

I'm sure governments examine this type of data also. All I have to say is... if around next year or so, one or more of the superpowers really seems keen on building a lunar colony all of the sudden... completion date pre-2012? Kiss you asses goodbye.

http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/avaxhome/2007-08-01/Fingerprints.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Fingerprints-Gods-Gr...k/dp/0517887290

I think we here at TRF should start a religion predicting the end of the world on 12/12/2112. That gives us many years of worry free preperation. And when that date finally comes and the world finds out our religion is wrong, we will all be dead. angel.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Nov 29 2007, 04:29 PM)
And when that date finally comes and the world finds out our religion is wrong, we will all be dead.

Not me, I'm gonna live forever baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.resindog.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/InspiredPIcs/galactus.jpg

cool10.gif

The 21st of December in 2012 is the Winter Solstice, identifying with astrological factors. To each his own, yes. I am partial to some ideas better than others. I only base my opinions on the fact that the Mayans payed more attention to the cycles of the stars over thousands of years rather than to their own longevity as a race of people hence nearly dying out 2 different times just in the past 2000 years.

My opinion is not religiously based.

Reminds me of the movie The Number 23. Just goes to prove how almost anything can be associated to patterns of mathmatical results. The human brain is structured in a manner that makes us see things in groups, patterns, geometric shapes, etc. That is why we have a tendancy to "discover" these things in nature, etc.

Where the celestial bodies, our position in the Milky Way galaxy, our galaxy's position in the Local Group, etc., etc., etc. has absolutely no bearing on how we act, what events will happen, etc. It is time and chaos marching forward in a method our small brains try to make sense of.

I believe this is why these types of "myths" get started... people searching for answers and the desire to make their time on Earth the "very special time", out of billions of years of history, where some revelation will happen to all of human kind.

Human existance is a mere nano-blip of time in the age of the cosmos. So if/when it happens, the universe will continue to march forward in time and it will have a negligible effect in the grand scheme of things.

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Nov 29 2007, 07:08 PM)
Reminds me of the movie The Number 23. Just goes to prove how almost anything can be associated to patterns of mathmatical results. The human brain is structured in a manner that makes us see things in groups, patterns, geometric shapes, etc. That is why we have a tendancy to "discover" these things in nature, etc.

Where the celestial bodies, our position in the Milky Way galaxy, our galaxy's position in the Local Group, etc., etc., etc. has absolutely no bearing on how we act, what events will happen, etc. It is time and chaos marching forward in a method our small brains try to make sense of.

I believe this is why these types of "myths" get started... people searching for answers and the desire to make their time on Earth the "very special time", out of billions of years of history, where some revelation will happen to all of human kind.

Human existance is a mere nano-blip of time in the age of the cosmos. So if/when it happens, the universe will continue to march forward in time and it will have a negligible effect in the grand scheme of things.

unsure.gif It's a fact? You been out there. It is Scientific and realistic beyond resonable doubt for sure. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Nathan_lol @ Nov 29 2007, 05:06 PM)
I hope the world dosen't end in my lifetime, that's one of the most depressing things I can think of.

I don't think it's depressing, i think it would be an interesting part of history to live through. No matter when you live on the Earth's time line, you're going to die. tongue.gif If you are born near the end, you'll just die with a lot of other people!

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 29 2007, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Nathan_lol @ Nov 29 2007, 05:06 PM)
I hope the world dosen't end in my lifetime, that's one of the most depressing things I can think of.

I don't think it's depressing, i think it would be an interesting part of history to live through. No matter when you live on the Earth's time line, you're going to die. tongue.gif If you are born near the end, you'll just die with a lot of other people!

Are ya Christian or Jewish? With no scientific evidence to back them the Hebrews assumed in the old testament that the world, at this point, is only 5000 years old and that all life will end. As science progressed through the Middle ages on, the church has a very difficult time backing their "end of days" theory. Lfe didn't end after the Golden Age nor after the Bronze Age. It is just a new age of man. No biggie. The only "end of days" there will be is the one that is brought on by man himself. Religious fanatics are what make war happen to begin with.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 29 2007, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 29 2007, 03:54 PM)
There is some valid proof that this date could really mean something important.

Proof?

Sure, there is scientific and mathematical proof that cosmological events that will occur on 12-21-2012 have happened before, but not on the scale we have ever witnessed, or recorded. The Mayans, who were masters of math, have this as the last day of their calendar. The grandest of all "grand cross'" (the alignment of planets) will occur on this date with all planets (not just 4) aligning with the center of the galaxy. 2012 also begins the next cycle of highest solar activity, which is never a good thing.

Who knows what will happen, but through science, math and history, predictions have been made.

At any rate, it's very entertaining reading.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 29 2007, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 29 2007, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 29 2007, 03:54 PM)
There is some valid proof that this date could really mean something important.

Proof?

Sure, there is scientific and mathematical proof that cosmological events that will occur on 12-21-2012 have happened before, but not on the scale we have ever witnessed, or recorded. The Mayans, who were masters of math, have this as the last day of their calendar. The grandest of all "grand cross'" (the alignment of planets) will occur on this date with all planets (not just 4) aligning with the center of the galaxy. 2012 also begins the next cycle of highest solar activity, which is never a good thing.

Who knows what will happen, but through science, math and history, predictions have been made.

At any rate, it's very entertaining reading.

About the Solar Maximum. The Maximum itself, which occures every 11 years, is to be BUILT UP to maximum by 2012. In actuality, what scientists are freying over is the fact that the sun has been at KNOWN maximum solar activity for the past 10 years. If this is the case then this will be an entirely new maximum for solar activity. This means many bad thing for the Earth and it's inhabitants if you can only imagine.

Archived