God no! Missed the Rush show!

Tvk

Me and my girlfriend were going to see Rush in Oslo tonight, and was planning to fly from Trondheim to Oslo in the morning. We arrived around 7.30 at Trondheim airport, and had an hour before the plane left. It was quite foggy outside, so both of us had the feeling that this could take a while. Around 8, they announced that the flight would be delayed about 15 minutes. At 8.35, when the plane was originally scheduled to leave, they announced that new info would be announced around 9.15. At 9.15, we heard a message on the speakers that the flight was put on hold until further notice. 20 minutes later, it was announced that the flight was cancelled, due to the foggy weather. All other flights from Trondheim to Oslo was completely full, so me and my girlfriend was stuck here in Trondheim. We tried to ask several times if there were any cancelled seats on any later flights, but no luck. No Rush concert for us. I have actually never been in an airplane in my life, and the one time we decide to fly somewhere, everything goes to hell. Can't believe this. 100 quid on Rush tickets down the drain, and 4 hours spent on an airport for nothing.

fists crying.gif

Any chance of Rush returning to Europe for the second leg? unsure.gif

I don't even know what to say. I feel so bad for you. I'm truly sorry. sad.gif

How aweful! So sorry you missed it! I was worried about the same thing catching them in Dallas, so I flew in a day early, just to be safe.

I hope you are able to catch them at another show... Best of luck!

sad.gif Well if I could wave my magic wand I'd make everything allright. That is such a bummer for you, so sorry that you had to go through all that.

What a bummer!

I very nearly missed the Glasgow gig, as i was getting off the rig that day but the chopper was delayed due to fog for three hours. i then had to battle through major roadworks, and what should have been a three hour drive rtook six hours.

I missed the first song, but got there at least....

Oh well, me and my girlfriend have decided to go and see Rush at least one time wherever they come on the next leg. A nice little vacation to see Rush. Just hope they release the tour dates soon, so we can get going with some planning. smile.gif

QUOTE (Tvk @ Oct 27 2007, 08:43 AM)
Oh well, me and my girlfriend have decided to go and see Rush at least one time wherever they come on the next leg. A nice little vacation to see Rush. Just hope they release the tour dates soon, so we can get going with some planning.  smile.gif

Sorry to hear about your bad luck !

But the best way is like you are doing now:

You can't help it anymore, so looking optimistic and planning ahead is the best way ! smile.gif

Someone I had got into RUSH from one song off R30 was supposed to go wth me, I had payed,planned and booked it all for us and when time came,h ewas refused at the airport for not havng valdid ID even thought it was a N.ireland voting card which should be secure enough, I was gutted I had to leave without him but didnt dampen my spirits on the concert night

Man, that bites. A friend I work with (Florida) flew with a friend to California to see Justin Timberlake (gasp!) a few days before the gig. Come to find out he partied too hard at the MTV music awards and canceled his show the next night due to "throat strain". They didn't know, drove from San Fran to Sac Town only to be told by the venue ... "Oh you didn't hear ...." It was a sad flight back to Fla. but she said they made the most of San Fran which is a great place. But, oh, the inhumanity !!

Archived