Temple of the Dog - first tour ever

HemiBeers

A 25th anniversary tour to celebrate an insignificant album? I had the album, nothing special at all.

Just my opinion...

In the summer of 91 two of my good friends died 3 months apart, one by suicide, one from cancer the summer of our high school graduation. I listened to this album many times and it made sense to me, told me it was okay to cry. Ok to yearn, ok to feel. So I wouldn't say this album is insignificant.

Oh man, I know what you went through. I lost my best friend to a car accident around the same time.

Well, I shouldn't say I know what you went through. We all deal with it differently, and the circumstances were certainly different.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

A 25th anniversary tour to celebrate an insignificant album? I had the album, nothing special at all.

Just my opinion...

Thanks for adding to the thread! :cheerleader:
  • Like 2

Just my opinion...

In the summer of 91 two of my good friends died 3 months apart, one by suicide, one from cancer the summer of our high school graduation. I listened to this album many times and it made sense to me, told me it was okay to cry. Ok to yearn, ok to feel. So I wouldn't say this album is insignificant.

Oh man, I know what you went through. I lost my best friend to a car accident around the same time.

Well, I shouldn't say I know what you went through. We all deal with it differently, and the circumstances were certainly different.

I get what you guys are saying. The album strikes me as very personal, and that's a big part of why I love it.
  • Like 2

Just my opinion...

It defnitely tore me apart for some time. The fragility of life. Sometimes you have a choice. Sometimes you dont. You just never ever know.

• Like 3

Just my opinion...

It defnitely tore me apart for some time. The fragility of life. Sometimes you have a choice. Sometimes you dont. You just never ever know.

For sure.
  • Like 1

HEADLINE: Temple of the Dog Announce 2016 U.S. Tour to Celebrate 25th Anniversary of Self-Titled Album

Technically, it's not wrong. It is a tour.

But 5 dates a tour does not make ...let me rewrite the headline

Temple of the Dog Announce 2016 select U.S. Concert dates to Celebrate 25th Anniversary of Self-Titled Album

That's barely a warm-up for a tour. Come on guys, give us at least 10 shows with stops in the midwest.

Given they only had one album, the set-list should be really interesting and creative. The non-TOTD songs will probably be Pearl Jam-ish since Kim Thayil is the driving force behind Soundgarden and he's not in the band. Or likely some Chris Cornell solo stuff in the mix.

Hopefully a little Mother Love Bone. Also, I always thought Cornell ruled Soundgarden by Superunknown.

• Like 2

Just my opinion...

Sorry guys, just my feeling on it. Glad it helped you both. That's the beauty of music.

• Like 2

Just my opinion...

My opinion isn't welcome? Ok...

Only said how I felt about it, not how others should.

Not sure I would call the album insignificant. It did go platinum and had a couple of big singles off it. I'm surprised they're playing shows so many years later though. It's a short tour so they're probably testing what the demand is.

I think booking MSG is a bit of a stretch. Of course, I didn't think GnR could still sell out stadiums this summer and I was proven wrong on that. That whole Seattle music scene from the 90s still has a huge fan base today, so who knows? Maybe they can fill arenas in the big cities.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

To be honest I don't know much about these guys.

Think Pearl Jam with Chris Cornell of Soundgarden instead of Eddie Vedder. They only had one album, but it was awesome. Brooding, dark, powerful, bluesy and, at times, uplifting.

The album was written for the death of Andrew Wood, roommate of Cornell and lead singer of Mother Love Bone which had future Pearl Jam members.

• Like 2

Just my opinion...

My opinion isn't welcome? Ok...

Only said how I felt about it, not how others should.

Your comments are always welcome, just not valued in this instance by me. Your post struck me as a simple "meh", which really added nothing to the conversation. You are free to do that, of course. I am also free to mock it.

:cheers:

• Like 2

I'm really bummed I decided not to attend the show when my friends and I couldn't get tickets. I'm hoping for a live album and blu-ray.

I'm really bummed I decided not to attend the show when my friends and I couldn't get tickets. I'm hoping for a live album and blu-ray.

My good buddy saw the Seattle show...I'm really glad he got to see it.