New rumor

Ron2112

Personally, I think it would be really interesting to see what kind of studio album they'd come up with if there was no intention to tour. They've always made albums knowing/visualizing playing the songs live. If that pressure was taken way, I wonder what the album would sound like?

Excellent question. I wish I could figure out a reason why they WOULD make an album if they can't monetize it. So much effort and time - and they have so many other interests outside the band. I just don't see it unless they can somehow feel satisfied AND get paid.

I could see them making an album and then playing a one-off that is filmed for DVD or broadcast live, or something unique like that to promote the album. Geddy has also talked about using Rush in the capacity of filmmaking. So maybe the new album would function as a new Rush album / soundtrack?

Albums do not sell anymore. What did CA sell 220,000 copies in the US??

CA was Neil's last labor of love writing, he is not doing that (spending that much time) again.

Geddy and Al will have a project here or there, but Neil's dedication is to his family now.

Unless he runs out of money...

How would he run out of money? Last I heard he was worth like 22 million or something. This is not a stupid man that will throw money away at the drop of a hat on stuff like gambling and drugs.

Back in 2000~ when he wait on his cross country bike ride, his accountant called him and told him he had to stop travelling, because he was spending more than what was coming in. It could happen again.

Yeah but in 2000 he was literally spending every single night in a hotel room, drinking, and eating expensive (ish) food for the better part of a year. That shit is expensive.

He's doing the same thing now, but at home

He also has the benefit of 10+ years of touring. He has cash

22 million folks. The man is a homebody now. No way in freakin h*** can he blow through 22 million. You guys are nuts. I could make ONE million last forever. Even if there was a chance he could run out of money, it won't happen before his stamina and drumming skills diminish to where it would be a challenge to perform up to his and the band's standards. The clock is ticking fast as it is. (CA themes are staring Neil in the face at this point) Only Neil himself knows whether he is done for good, but I seriously doubt the monetary side will play any kind of role in his decision. Edited by presto123
  • Like 1

I don't like making judgements on someone else's financial statements. I certainly wouldnt want anyone other than my accountant/advisor/finance manager judging mine.

That said, Neil seems like a financially prudent person who understands the importance of looking after the financial needs of his families lives and I suspect that any potential future work with Rush won't be as a result of a need for incremental income.

I don't like making judgements on someone else's financial statements. I certainly wouldnt want anyone other than my accountant/advisor/finance manager judging mine.

That said, Neil seems like a financially prudent person who understands the importance of looking after the financial needs of his families lives and I suspect that any potential future work with Rush won't be as a result of a need for incremental income.

Neil will take up photography and start selling hand signed prints of penguins.He won't go hungry.