New rumor

Ron2112

I guess I don't understand why there's so much Neil hate? Has the guy not worked hard enough? Is it selfish for him to want to retire in his old age? Maybe I'm missing something he said?

People think Neil owes them something, and when he doesn't do what they want they get mad.

Well, he owes me another two studio albums, at least one more tour, and a personal ride on his motorcycle. :sarcastic:

Don't forget the private drum lessons.

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand why there's so much Neil hate? Has the guy not worked hard enough? Is it selfish for him to want to retire in his old age? Maybe I'm missing something he said?

:goodone:

He only was part of a team that made 18 studio albums together, and a tour to support each one (and a couple extra tours to boot) over a 40+ year period.

I know if I had millions of dollars and tendinitis in my shoulders, I probably would stop touring too.

And ending a career at the top of one's game is a rare opportunity. It's the right move, I think.
  • Like 3

First album will have golf related themes and be called: Shanks & Drivers

Putts & Slices

Power Golfcarts

Putt By Night

Hold Your Iron

A Fairway To Kings

Witch Hunt for my ball

Par Under Pressure

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 6

The new band will be called "Flush"...because when you hit a golf ball solidly you are said to have hit he ball "flush". Just different enough to set the new music apart from the past.

New album cover of a toilet. Awesome.
  • Like 1

If true that is a good sign. We need somebody on the inside of this "fundraiser". Someone check JohnnyBlaze's calendar.

Mainly it's nothing but hookers and beer on that bum's schedule! I do see a slight opening late next month but it'd have to be crammed between the soul implant and fraroc vivisection. :blaze:

I probably shouldn't speak for everyone, but I think much of the stuff written here about Neil is said with tongue firmly in cheek - sort of sarcastic fun ..

In my book, Neil is not only one of the greatest drummers in one of my all time favorite bands, but he was a completely unique figure in rock music back in the 70s, venturing out on that limb and writing from a point of view no one else was writing from in music - this was esp intriguing considering the time - the post hippy, communal mindset that was so palatable back then ..

Some people like to poke fun = myself included - esp at his eye rolling blog entries ( which I hope he NEVER stops - they are highly entertaining, intentional or not )

I love the guy, I take issue to some of the things he has written, and he owes nothing to anyone

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 5

I probably shouldn't speak for everyone, but I think much of the stuff written here about Neil is said with tongue firmly in cheek - sort of sarcastic fun ..

In my book, Neil is not only one of the greatest drummers in one of my all time favorite bands, but he was a completely unique figure in rock music back in the 70s, venturing out on that limb and writing from a point of view no one else was writing from in music - this was esp intriguing considering the time - the post hippy, communal mindset that was so palatable back then ..

Some people like to poke fun = myself included - esp at his eye rolling blog entries ( which I hope he NEVER stops - they are highly entertaining, intentional or not )

I love the guy, I take issue to some of the things he has written, and he owes nothing to anyone

I agree. Recently, I've approached The Vatican requesting his possible canonization.

I agree. Recently, I've approached The Vatican requesting his possible canonization.

Neil and The Pope could start a biker gang - The Cannonballers

It could happen! :yes:

So yeah, I don't think there's a "Saint Neil" BUT I'm hoping, IF canonized, they go with "Saint Ellwood", patron saint of drum solos

• Like 2

So yeah, I don't think there's a "Saint Neil" BUT I'm hoping, IF canonized, they go with "Saint Ellwood", patron saint of drum solos

No canonization gonna be a-happenin' without two miracles. :angel:

• Like 2

But, hey. I just remembered we're dealing with Francis on the throne who will be more than happy to pencil Neil right in on the ecclesiastical calendar without any miracles.

Would playing Tears and The Necromacer at the fundraiser qualify as two miracles ?

• Like 1

Would playing Tears and The Necromacer at the fundraiser qualify as two miracles ?

St. Neil of Santa Monica, ora pro nobis!