Brazil 2016: Olympiad XXXI

goose

PHELPS WINS ANOTHER GOLD!!!!

US won the 4x100 free relay, due largely to a wicked perfect turn by Phelps.

At first I thought Phelps has been taking laps in the bay but then these were explained away:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/Screen-Shot-2016-08-07-at-9.32.37-PM_zpsszqxt5m9.png

Cupping pressure points-

• Like 2

Ugh, this climate change crap is so hypocritical... letting people rape your rain forests and you force feed this world this?

Hypocrisy is normal for governments though...I know of a country that boasts about freedom while sending troops to bomb the Middle East...

• Like 2

PHELPS WINS ANOTHER GOLD!!!!

US won the 4x100 free relay, due largely to a wicked perfect turn by Phelps.

At first I thought Phelps has been taking laps in the bay but then these were explained away:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/Screen-Shot-2016-08-07-at-9.32.37-PM_zpsszqxt5m9.png

Cupping pressure points-

Funny how this procedure is legal, but other artificial muscle recovery enhancements aren't.
  • Like 1

Ugh, this climate change crap is so hypocritical... letting people rape your rain forests and you force feed this world this?

Hypocrisy is normal for governments though...I know of a country that boasts about freedom while sending troops to bomb the Middle East...

Its voters must be morons to allow this to happen.
  • Like 1

This pic was all over the press here - beach volleyball, Egypt vs Germany. Guess who´s who?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k210/RodrigoAltaf/volei_zpsrexati7i.jpg

Hopefully those tight pants don't result in her beheading on returning home
  • Like 1

Got tickets to Women´s Handball - quarter finals. Will take my dad to see it - I don´t think he was expecting to see anything, and I´m more excited for him than anything!

women's handball is something completely different in Las Vegas
  • Like 1

Got tickets to Women´s Handball - quarter finals. Will take my dad to see it - I don´t think he was expecting to see anything, and I´m more excited for him than anything!

women's handball is something completely different in Las Vegas

I can imagine!!!

What do you guys think, especially you Rod, about golf being added?

I love golf, but think this was a stretch. Watching the course get built from nothing, in a place that doesn't really play golf, seems like a tremendous waste of resources to me.

Does anyone think the course will be used after the games? Will that land even be a golf course in 2 years?

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

That golf couse will be useless once the olympics are over. It's a VERY exclusive sport around these parts, and those who play it have smaller courses closer to the upper class suburbs. They'll NEVER drive that far just to play golf.

That golf couse will be useless once the olympics are over. It's a VERY exclusive sport around these parts, and those who play it have smaller courses closer to the upper class suburbs. They'll NEVER drive that far just to play golf.

That's kinda the impression I got too......

That's kinda the impression I got too......

I saw a cool thing on Golf Channel about the burrowing owls that have taken up residence on the course. Nature is already taking the course back.

Got tickets for two female volleyball games: Italy vs Puerto Rico and USA vs China.

indoor or beach?

Indoor.

The beach volleyball arena is across the road from where we live, so I thought about experiencing another venue. We´ve seen beach volleyball games in the same place, but with a smaller arena.