Euro 2016 France

English and Russian fans are creating lots of mayhem in the streets the last couple of days. They're even taunting the terrorists by chanting "ISIS, where are you?" Could be a hot Saturday night in Marseille...

A rough town as it is... Great song, though! :dweez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIIZhWCtKHw

Sounds like a combo of Tom Petty and Bob Dylan doing an AC/DC song. ;)
  • Like 1

Watching Copa América, Arg v. Panamá. 1-0 Porteños, so far, off a free kick. Messi on the bench.

I'm rooting for Chile, because of their political system. :haz:

English and Russian fans are creating lots of mayhem in the streets the last couple of days. They're even taunting the terrorists by chanting "ISIS, where are you?" Could be a hot Saturday night in Marseille...

Oi! :blah: The Angels (aka Angel City) are an iconic Aussie band. I dig 'em.
  • Like 1

I got one out of three. That ain't bad. Kinda like what Romania did today. :blink:

I got one out of three. That ain't bad. Kinda like what Romania did today. :blink:

Thanks for getting us back on track!

WALES!!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for getting us back on track!

WALES!!!!!

I watched the last friendly between Slovakia and Northern Ireland, because I wanted to see what my first opponents, the Irish have to offer ( I thought they were still ice cream salesmen and policemen. I guess that time has passed ) Anyway, the Slovaks play as a team, they're tough to handle, but I'll be pullin' for you.
  • Like 1

Wow, Switzerland has maybe three German-sounding names in their starting eleven. They weren't kidding when talking about that country losing its identity.

Wow, Switzerland has maybe three German-sounding names in their starting eleven. They weren't kidding when talking about that country losing its identity.

1-0 Switzerland, red card for Albania, game over. :zzz:

Great game between Wales and Slovakia. Bale was lucky that the goalkeeper misjudged the flight of the ball on the free kick. Then the two substitutes score. I thought Stoch was going to get one as well, when he came in for the last 15. 2-1 Wales. There will be some Goose Island drinking tonight. :cheers:

England 1 Russia 1 Exciting finish but overall quite an ugly match. Not much flow to it. Payet's goal still leads as the best so far, imo, but Dier's must be a close second. Now the big question is, will Marseille survive the night. :unsure: Edited by blackhawkrush

OMG,

Fu***** pathetic!! Over a game? :facepalm:

http://www.dailymail...g-tear-gas.html

It's disgusting. At least it seems as though a number of the main culprits have been caught on camera, so we should see a number of arrests in the not too distant future. People like this shame the vast majority of real football fans who just want to watch the game and have a good time. Some of these people will have just been looking for a fight from minute one, and I can't understand that mentality.

• Like 1

OMG,

Fu***** pathetic!! Over a game? :facepalm:

http://www.dailymail...g-tear-gas.html

It's disgusting. At least it seems as though a number of the main culprits have been caught on camera, so we should see a number of arrests in the not too distant future. People like this shame the vast majority of real football fans who just want to watch the game and have a good time. Some of these people will have just been looking for a fight from minute one, and I can't understand that mentality.

It blows me away,

That people would act this way over a game. Plus the children that are in the middle of it all. It's really sad too me. The images make me sick.

• Like 1

The French have to start separating these "fans" during games with riot police, the way it's done in many countries at league matches. 15 or 20 stewards have absolutely no chance against these savages. They were totally unprepared for what happened tonight. And it's not like they didn't have any warning signs. My team is playing Northern Ireland tomorrow, and both sets of "supporters" already clashed in the streets of Nice. If Poles are fighting the Irish, you can imagine what will take place when Poland plays Germany next week. :facepalm:
  • Like 1

The French have to start separating these "fans" during games with riot police, the way it's done in many countries at league matches. 15 or 20 stewards have absolutely no chance against these savages. They were totally unprepared for what happened tonight. And it's not like they didn't have any warning signs. My team is playing Northern Ireland tomorrow, and both sets of "supporters" already clashed in the streets of Nice. If Poles are fighting the Irish, you can imagine what will take place when Poland plays Germany next week. :facepalm:

Exactly,

I was thinking the same thing. They know it is going to develop. Where is the mass security. I don't follow soccer. But it seems to happen all the time.

• Like 1

Exactly,

I was thinking the same thing. They know it is going to develop. Where is the mass security. I don't follow soccer. But it seems to happen all the time.

I think this goes beyond soccer. Throughout history, just as an example, the Dutch hated the Germans, the Germans hated the Poles, the Poles hated the Russians, the Russians...football is a perfect tool for these a-holes to live out their fantasies stemming back from the middle ages. If these primitives fight among themselves in their own leagues, bashing a head of someone of a different nationality is a no-brainer for them.
  • Like 2

Someone said fans of Russia and England after they were fighting each other were chanting 'WE WANT ISIS' in unison?

Is that true???

Those are some 2nd level fans right there...

Someone said fans of Russia and England after they were fighting each other were chanting 'WE WANT ISIS' in unison?

Is that true???

Not sure,

But this is insane. it's a fu***** soccer game go and enjoy like any sport. Win or Lose. The intent is to start trouble at this point. It's complete BS!!

• Like 2

Is that true???

Not sure,

But this is insane. it's a fu***** soccer game go and enjoy like any sport. Win or Lose. The intent is to start trouble at this point. It's complete BS!!

Yeah, I posted about these chants earlier. They've been making them for a few days now. It made me smile at the time, but now things are getting out of hand. The French authorities have to get a grip of themselves or these championships will go down as a complete disaster.
  • Like 2

Is that true???

Not sure,

Yeah, I posted about these chants earlier. They've been making them for a few days now. It made me smile at the time, but now things are getting out of hand. The French authorities have to get a grip of themselves or these championships will go down as a complete disaster.

It's hard to get a grip once it's underway....and the World Cup in 2018 is in Russia....??

I'll never understand the lunacy around soccer and the fans....even the civilized countries lose their minds

• Like 1

Is that true???

Not sure,

You know,

And this is JMO. Overall, I don't think they take security seriously at all. It just seems obvious to me.

Is that true???

Not sure,

It's hard to get a grip once it's underway....and the World Cup in 2018 is in Russia....??

I'll never understand the lunacy around soccer and the fans....even the civilized countries lose their minds

Soccer is a religion in some of these countries. There were stories about Italian fans, after their team was eliminated by Poland at the group stage of the 1974 World Cup, cutting their wrists and throwing TV sets out the window. And when they lost in the final in 1970, the fans met the returning Italian players with rocks being thrown at them. There are countless examples of such behavior in the history of the sport.
  • Like 1

Is that true???

Not sure,

Soccer is a religion in some of these countries. There were stories about Italian fans, after their team was eliminated by Poland at the group stage of the 1974 World Cup, cutting their wrists and throwing TV sets out the window. And when they lost in the final in 1970, the fans met the returning Italian players with rocks being thrown at them. There are countless examples of such behavior in the history of the sport.

Wow!,

And I get upset about the Raiders. That is unbelievable!!

• Like 1