The people who thought that they would do five or six new songs must be disappointed.

They're all worthy to be played though, maybe they'll rotate them out each night.

Nope.

Priest isn't a rotate songs around every show band. Maybe one or two get swapped out in favor of something else as the tour progresses. But their set largely remains the same.

Not changes every show certainly, but I wouldn't be surprised if they either added one more FP slot eventually or swapped in a different selection from it once or twice. The album hasn't even been out a week yet. Surely they won't go the entire tour playing only the same few that they did tonight. Rob is totally in charge now, so the set may not stay as rigid as in the past.

I'm actually impressed how much they spread the love among their catalog!

I just watched a vid of the opener and I just realized how weird it is not to see Glenn or KK up there. I mean, yeah, I'm just a kid and I've never seen them live and I've barely been into them for a year... but I see Rob, I see Ian, and I see three younger dudes doing a lot of the work up there. I realize Scott's been with them for decades now, but he still wasn't there for most of their biggest years. Mainly though having Richie and Andy out there instead of KK and Glenn, that just doesn't look quite like Priest.

Fucck kid.

I may sell my tickets.

Why don't we all get excited to see IRON MAIDEN do their last tour. All the classics and old b sides. No new album BUT!!

Maiden is not touring with Murray or Smith!

Just Janick The Panic Pusher and some no name.

Would you go?

FUKK NO!

The people who thought that they would do five or six new songs must be disappointed.

They're all worthy to be played though, maybe they'll rotate them out each night.

Nope.

Priest isn't a rotate songs around every show band. Maybe one or two get swapped out in favor of something else as the tour progresses. But their set largely remains the same.

Not changes every show certainly, but I wouldn't be surprised if they either added one more FP slot eventually or swapped in a different selection from it once or twice. The album hasn't even been out a week yet. Surely they won't go the entire tour playing only the same few that they did tonight. Rob is totally in charge now, so the set may not stay as rigid as in the past.

I just watched a vid of the opener and I just realized how weird it is not to see Glenn or KK up there. I mean, yeah, I'm just a kid and I've never seen them live and I've barely been into them for a year... but I see Rob, I see Ian, and I see three younger dudes doing a lot of the work up there. I realize Scott's been with them for decades now, but he still wasn't there for most of their biggest years. Mainly though having Richie and Andy out there instead of KK and Glenn, that just doesn't look quite like Priest.

Fucck kid.

I may sell my tickets.

Woah Earl, I would still go see them in a heartbeat. I mean hey, you don't get much more original Priest than Ian Hill, and that dude is still up there rocking his bass off. They sounded great, and I don't think you would want to miss this setlist. I know you said no spoilers, but one look and you might reconsider.

• Like 1

Nope.

Fucck kid.

I may sell my tickets.

Woah Earl, I would still go see them in a heartbeat. I mean hey, you don't get much more original Priest than Ian Hill, and that dude is still up there rocking his bass off. They sounded great, and I don't think you would want to miss this setlist. I know you said no spoilers, but one look and you might reconsider.

I know I jump the gun and say things that sometimes I just shouldn't post but I do.

I'm just flat out sad.

My ERA OF MUSIC IS ENDING!

I HATE IT!

I'm a big baby.

Oh well.

Live By The Sword Die By The Sword! ACCEPT My FATE!

My stupid self wants to sell the tickets but I can't. I have second row balcony.

I could make some serious cash but yes you are right. I will NOT look at the set but this could be it for Priest.

Sadly I don't agree with Pat on a new record in the near future. I mean I hope so but nothing in life is guaranteed except death, taxes and heartbreak.

SAY WHAT YOU WILL!

Love,

FASTWAY

Alas tonight I am sad.

If I make it to 60 my young friend then what?

That's ten years away!

Will this Forum be in existence?

Where will all of the bands I grew up and loved be?

GONE!

What will I do when I am 60?

Am I selfish?

I certainly am not going to put my time, effort and money into a woman at that age.

What will I do?

Yes, I am selfish tonight. You are young my friend.

What the hell will I do when I am alone?

When my parents are gone? When my 9 year old pug is gone?

When my daughters who are already grown and gone get married and have their own family?

What will I do?

Sell everything and tour the world?

"The Man Who Sold The World."

Sorry to be a downer but I am at this point in my life.

Things will change for us all. Some good. Some bad.

I wish you well my friend.

I had it made. Yet now I do not.

IN ROCK WE TRUST!

Y&T

• Like 2

Nope.

Fucck kid.

I may sell my tickets.

I know I jump the gun and say things that sometimes I just shouldn't post but I do.

I'm just flat out sad.

My ERA OF MUSIC IS ENDING!

I HATE IT!

I'm a big baby.

Oh well.

Live By The Sword Die By The Sword! ACCEPT My FATE!

My stupid self wants to sell the tickets but I can't. I have second row balcony.

I could make some serious cash but yes you are right. I will NOT look at the set but this could be it for Priest.

Sadly I don't agree with Pat on a new record in the near future. I mean I hope so but nothing in life is guaranteed except death, taxes and heartbreak.

SAY WHAT YOU WILL!

Love,

FASTWAY

Alas tonight I am sad.

If I make it to 60 my young friend then what?

That's ten years away!

Will this Forum be in existence?

Where will all of the bands I grew up and loved be?

GONE!

What will I do when I am 60?

Am I selfish?

I certainly am not going to put my time, effort and money into a woman at that age.

What will I do?

Yes, I am selfish tonight. You are young my friend.

What the hell will I do when I am alone?

When my parents are gone? When my 9 year old pug is gone?

When my daughters who are already grown and gone get married and have their own family?

What will I do?

Sell everything and tour the world?

"The Man Who Sold The World."

Sorry to be a downer but I am at this point in my life.

Things will change for us all. Some good. Some bad.

I wish you well my friend.

I had it made. Yet now I do not.

IN ROCK WE TRUST!

Y&T

This forum will still be here, I'll keep it going! ;)

Don't worry Earl, it is sad to see one whole generation of music really start to go in the past few years, but there are many more like me who are young and still wave the flag for the greats of our parents' youth and carry the torch of metal and rock and roll. The music will never die, even if the heroes themselves must meet their ends.

And when you're 60 and your daughters are grown and married, then you'll be the most metal grandfather ever to walk the earth! :haz: You'll have the chance to inspire yet another new generation of die hard Rushheads like yourself and teach them the ways of metal!

I believe in you Earl, I know you'll always be true to your fantastic self and make the most of every day. :)

Yeah it's different, kinda more like a "Judas Priest featuring Rob Halford" at the moment.

But Faulkner's been in the band like seven years now, so it's not as if KK and Glenn were both gone at once. I'm over KK myself, never was the biggest fan of his style. Losing Glenn on the other hand really sucks. Hard to judge Sneap after one clip. He didn't do much in that song and looked kinda freaked out, which he probably was. Tough job to step in and replace a 40-year fan favorite.

Not sure yet if I'll be catching this tour. I'd have to drive a couple hours and I've already seen Priest 8 times. Might be depressing without Glenn. But Rob is still there, the setlist is appealing and I've not seen Richie play in person. He's an awesome talent and contributed a lot to the best Priest album in a while. So I might decide it's still worth it.

• Like 1

Yeah it's different, kinda more like a "Judas Priest featuring Rob Halford" at the moment.

But Faulkner's been in the band like seven years now, so it's not as if KK and Glenn were both gone at once. I'm over KK myself, never was the biggest fan of his style. Losing Glenn on the other hand really sucks. Hard to judge Sneap after one clip. He didn't do much in that song and looked kinda freaked out, which he probably was. Tough job to step in and replace a 40-year fan favorite.

Not sure yet if I'll be catching this tour. I'd have to drive a couple hours and I've already seen Priest 8 times. Might be depressing without Glenn. But Rob is still there, the setlist is appealing and I've not seen Richie play in person. He's an awesome talent and contributed a lot to the best Priest album in a while. So I might decide it's still worth it.

Yeah you're right. I mean, I love KK too, but Richie brought an incredible amount of life into this band and this record, and he's been an official member for some time now. I hope Glenn does come out for Breaking The Law and such a few times. Andy is really doing an incredible service to the band by stepping into Tipton's shoes, I think that's the way to look at it. At worst, I see two original members, and only one who's been in the band the whole time. At best, I see one actual replacement who's there due to truly unfortunate and unforeseeable circumstances, and four awesome rocking members of the greatest metal band to walk the earth. True Metal Gods, even Richie.

Oh for fuckk sakes. I hate this.

I know only like three of you on here give a shite about Y&T but my GOD they are my local Bay Area Band and I was friends with all of them!!!!!

BUT THEN!

Phil Kennemore passed away.

Joey Alves passed away.

Leonard Haze one of the greatest fuckking drummers on the Earth passed away! Haze could easily be right up there with BONZO.

So then what?

Dave Meniketti. Still alive and well THANK GOD! But really? It's not the fuckking same? I am friends with the current guys in the line up too but it's just not the same.

But the Spirit Of Y&T goes on.

So I guess now it's the Halford Hill Show.

The Show Must Go On right? So said Freddie Mercury! After all Adam is in QUEEN now. FUckk me.

It's all coming to an end.

Enjoy whatever you can.

It's all going to be over in 10 years.

Mark my words.

Faulkner is amazing.

Not sold on Sneap.

Meh

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I know only like three of you on here give a shite about Y&T but my GOD they are my local Bay Area Band and I was friends with all of them!!!!!

BUT THEN!

Joey Alves passed away.

Leonard Haze one of the greatest fuckking drummers on the Earth passed away! Haze could easily be right up there with BONZO.

So then what?

Dave Meniketti. Still alive and well THANK GOD! But really? It's not the fuckking same? I am friends with the current guys in the line up too but it's just not the same.

The Show Must Go On right? So said Freddie Mercury! After all Adam is in QUEEN now. FUckk me.

Enjoy whatever you can.

Mark my words.

Faulkner is amazing.

Not sold on Sneap.

Meh

Never before has such a big blessing been given by a rockstar to have his band go on without him than by Freddie to Queen. My dad and I saw Adam and Queen in Nashville last year, and I don't think I'll ever witness a greater concert. No one else there knew any of the words to Love Of My Life when Brian came out and played it alone on acoustic and sang it a bit, and asked the audience to sing along. I was singing every word (well, I forgot a couple of them, no one noticed though). To my ears, it was just me and Brian singing one of the most beautiful songs ever written, and then they put some footage of Freddie singing it live up on the screen and he sang the last verse and they used a bit of video trickery to make it look like he was right there next to Brian again on screen, and then Brian reached out to him as he walked away at the end of the song. I about cried, but I was too happy. That concert gave me the chance to sing with my heroes and I will never forget that. Oh, also Adam absolutely slayed every performance and balanced himself perfectly between the roles of frontman and lead singer and "just a fan" and stand-in. What an incredible show. Thank goodness for Queen. I don't begrudge Roger and Brian for a millisecond, they brought me joy. Nor do I begrudge John. He couldn't go on without Freddie, and he was getting tired of being a rockstar, he'd planned on being an electrician or something in the first place. He leads a quite (and presumably happy) life now in Britain, living off of his life's work and enjoying life. I may make my pilgrimage to Lake Geneva in Switzerland as soon as next year so I can visit Freddie's statue and Queen's studios. We shall see.

Oh...whoops, this is the Judas Priest thread. Rob loves Queen, lol. :haz: Stone Cold Crazy

• Like 1

BUT THEN!

Joey Alves passed away.

So then what?

Enjoy whatever you can.

Mark my words.

Faulkner is amazing.

Not sold on Sneap.

Meh

Never before has such a big blessing been given by a rockstar to have his band go on without him than by Freddie to Queen. My dad and I saw Adam and Queen in Nashville last year, and I don't think I'll ever witness a greater concert. No one else there knew any of the words to Love Of My Life when Brian came out and played it alone on acoustic and sang it a bit, and asked the audience to sing along. I was singing every word (well, I forgot a couple of them, no one noticed though). To my ears, it was just me and Brian singing one of the most beautiful songs ever written, and then they put some footage of Freddie singing it live up on the screen and he sang the last verse and they used a bit of video trickery to make it look like he was right there next to Brian again on screen, and then Brian reached out to him as he walked away at the end of the song. I about cried, but I was too happy. That concert gave me the chance to sing with my heroes and I will never forget that. Oh, also Adam absolutely slayed every performance and balanced himself perfectly between the roles of frontman and lead singer and "just a fan" and stand-in. What an incredible show. Thank goodness for Queen. I don't begrudge Roger and Brian for a millisecond, they brought me joy. Nor do I begrudge John. He couldn't go on without Freddie, and he was getting tired of being a rockstar, he'd planned on being an electrician or something in the first place. He leads a quite (and presumably happy) life now in Britain, living off of his life's work and enjoying life. I may make my pilgrimage to Lake Geneva in Switzerland as soon as next year so I can visit Freddie's statue and Queen's studios. We shall see.

Oh...whoops, this is the Judas Priest thread. Rob loves Queen, lol. :haz: Stone Cold Crazy

Amazing post.

I know my young friend.

I took my parents and a great female friend to see Queen with Adam last year in San Jose.

It was an amazing concert.

My conservative father had a few issues with Adam. For instance when he moved his asshole back and forth on the bald head or the flower bicycle trick.

But hey it is what it is.

I thought Lambert pulled it off. She shrugged near the end of the show but he did a great job.

I'm just happy that I saw Rodger sing I'm In Love With My Car and seeing a Brian May guitar solo.

All good.

We need to see what we can see and hear live before it's all gone.

I'm doing my best.

I have everything to live for. My daughters. My parents. My pug.

But after that I'm living for ME!

No time for a woman. You younger cats can have a go at love. I did my shot.

I'm going for the music.

Living for me.

Good luck to all of you.

I have my girls.

I had my love.

It failed.

Now I will work hard and pursue music.

Cheers!

FUKK IT

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

The Ripper, Grinder, Some Heads Are Gonna Roll, Painkiller all sound great. This line-up is killing it! It's much better than I could have anticipated. Rob is singing better than he has for decades, Richie is a beast, he's better than ever, Sneap is solid, Travis sounds energized! Hill seems more enthusiastic too.

• Like 1