Are there any Nektar fans here?

New_World_Man

Nektar are a band who were a fairly well known underground band in the seventies with some degree of brief commercial success as well. They are mostly known as a prog rock band but also had more rock elements and sometimes psych elements as well. They are sometimes considered Krautrock probably because they had some of that sound but also because they lived in Germany(the members were all originally from the UK though). They are still together to this day. They also used to have a good light show/visual show as well. If you are a fan of Yes or Pink Floyd there's a good chance you would like them. They didn't rock as hard as Rush but they weren't exactly easy listening all the time either and did have their moments when they could rock out. I really think more folks on here would enjoy them. While I don't know all their albums I think Tab in the Ocean, Remember the Future and Recycled in particular are classics and well worth looking into. Recycled is probably my favorite though and has some really cool moments. Turn off the lights and crank it up. Edited by New_World_Man

Been meaning to check these guys out forever!

Listened to a little last nite. Kind of interesting sound. Dl a bunch of albums to listen next week or 2

... just ordered A Tab In The Ocean

What format? Vinyl, cd or mp3? Just wondering. I can definitely see them being a band that vinyl people would like but not only vinyl people of course.

• Like 1

... just ordered A Tab In The Ocean

What format? Vinyl, cd or mp3? Just wondering. I can definitely see them being a band that vinyl people would like but not only vinyl people of course.

I'd love to get my turntable back up and running, but it's still in the attic

I ordered the Japanese SHM CD from a seller on eBay

• Like 1

Yes, great band.

They just did a covers record a few years ago. One of the songs was SOR. Allright....

• Like 1