Official The Tea Party Thread

J2112YYZ

I've heard two albums now. I really like the production on The Edges of Twilight and its more exotic sound. I'm on my second listen. I'll be listening to the third/fourth album tomorrow once I get home from school.

Thanks for encouraging me to take the plunge, bean and Cy. :)

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 3

I've heard two albums now. I really like the production on The Edges of Twilight and its more exotic sound. I'm on my second listen. I'll be listening to the third album tomorrow once I get home from school.

Thank them but not the person who started this thread? Lol.

Their third album, Transmission, is a departure from the other two. More electronic stuff and it's a bit dark and angry. The band was going through some stuff when they wrote it.

I've heard two albums now. I really like the production on The Edges of Twilight and its more exotic sound. I'm on my second listen. I'll be listening to the third album tomorrow once I get home from school.

Thank them but not the person who started this thread? Lol.

Their third album, Transmission, is a departure from the other two. More electronic stuff and it's a bit dark and angry. The band was going through some stuff when they wrote it.

:LOL: Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to exclude. It's just that they were talking to me about it in the TRF chat a while back.

I like electronic darkness and edginess. I might like it. I'll report back to you!

• Like 2

I've heard two albums now. I really like the production on The Edges of Twilight and its more exotic sound. I'm on my second listen. I'll be listening to the third/fourth album tomorrow once I get home from school.

You're welcome, DoL; I'm glad that you're finding things to enjoy in their catalogue! The Edges of Twilight is my personal favourite, but that's certainly not to detract from any of their other brilliant albums :)

Now you'll just have to get Segue on board :LOL:

• Like 2

I am so hooked on books I can't find the time for new stuff!

Books? What the hell is that?

Its a collective accumulation of dead tree skin with marks all over it that give me hallucinations for hours at a time

• Like 3

Its a collective accumulation of dead tree skin with marks all over it that give me hallucinations for hours at a time

So the dead tree skin is laced with drugs then?

Well it would explain the look on sloths faces...

• Like 1

My brother's nickname back in high school was sloth.

They are one of my favourite animals haha

They are interesting animals.

My brother got the nickname because back in the day when we played street hockey on the weekends, he wasn't very athletic and moved slow. My friend called him that one day and it stuck for a few years. He always stayed back and played defense since he couldn't move too fast.

They are interesting animals.

My brother got the nickname because back in the day when we played street hockey on the weekends, he wasn't very athletic and moved slow. My friend called him that one day and it stuck for a few years. He always stayed back and played defense since he couldn't move too fast.

I wasn't allowed to ay sports as I was anorexic. Sucked.

I was called many names haha

Follow-up as planned: I can really appreciate the energy and anger in Transmission. I like every track--especially the title track. There's a piano and electronica bit at the end of Babylon that I instantly fell in love with. Very good music for getting stuff done to.
  • Like 3

Wow, Tea Party topic on the forum! Where I live, most think that means you are probably supporting an orange candidate for president.

Seriously, so many awesome Canadian bands that almost nobody in Metro NY knows. Been a fan of TTP since the 90s. Wish they would tour here!

• Like 2

Wow, Tea Party topic on the forum! Where I live, most think that means you are probably supporting an orange candidate for president.

Seriously, so many awesome Canadian bands that almost nobody in Metro NY knows. Been a fan of TTP since the 90s. Wish they would tour here!

They don't even play in NYC, wow!

I guess I was right when I thought that only the border cities in the US, like here in Buffalo are the only US places they play then. I'm guessing they play Detroit since where they're from in Windsor, Ontario is right over the border from that. Then maybe they play Seattle as well and that's it?

It's a shame they never got proper distribution/record label support in the US. The band could really have developed a great following from the start if more people outside of Canada and Australia (where Jeff Martin lives now) knew about them. I've always felt in the 20 years i've been a fan, they may very well be the best kept secret in rock.

It seems like this thread has introduced a couple people on this board to the band and made them fans which was one of my main reasons for starting it. Still waiting on Segue to fully immerse himself in this band though.

• Like 2

I guess I was right when I thought that only the border cities in the US, like here in Buffalo are the only US places they play then. I'm guessing they play Detroit since where they're from in Windsor, Ontario is right over the border from that. Then maybe they play Seattle as well and that's it?

It's a shame they never got proper distribution/record label support in the US. The band could really have developed a great following from the start if more people outside of Canada and Australia (where Jeff Martin lives now) knew about them. I've always felt in the 20 years i've been a fan, they may very well be the best kept secret in rock.

It seems like this thread has introduced a couple people on this board to the band and made them fans which was one of my main reasons for starting it. Still waiting on Segue to fully immerse himself in this band though.

Let me grab my laptop now and dig into them...

• Like 1

Let me grab my laptop now and dig into them...

Just start with their first album Splendor Solis if you can and work your way forward. There honestly isn't a bad album from them, so you really can't go wrong with whatever you try first though.

• Like 2

I don't recall TTP playing in or near NYC, unlike The Hip and OLP that seem to swing by every tour.

Another Canadian gem, Matthew Good played here once (that I can recall) when the US version of Beautiful Midnight came out. He almost toured here again a few years ago, but the promoter pulled the plug. So I got to see him...once. Beats never.

Been listening to TTP again since finding this thread, really liking Temptation right now.

• Like 1

Hey J (and anyone else who's interested)--they're touring for the 20th anniversary of Transmission!! I'm thrilled! :yay:

Awesome! Transmission is my second favorite album from them after Interzone.

I looked up the dates and they're playing two nights here. They're offering a two day pass for $58, so I think I might go with that.

• Like 1

Hey J (and anyone else who's interested)--they're touring for the 20th anniversary of Transmission!! I'm thrilled! :yay:

Awesome! Transmission is my second favorite album from them after Interzone.

I looked up the dates and they're playing two nights here. They're offering a two day pass for $58, so I think I might go with that.

I saw the two dates and was immediately excited for you! I didn't know about the two-day passes, though--that sounds like a great deal! I think we're in for a treat :)

• Like 1