Official The Tea Party Thread

J2112YYZ

Funny how a band of this talent never really got big here in the US. Maybe because it's such a weird and fickle market. Apparently Seattle has a liking for them. KISW started playing their music early on. Lucky us.

Nice guys, polite. Jeff Martin even seemed slightly surprised and shy when my wife told him how great they have been all these years. Awesome show. Glad they included The Ocean At The End... wouldn't have minded The Black Sea. :cool: Hope they record a new album.

• Like 2

They got good radio play here in Buffalo for a long time. We're so close to the Canadian border that this city became a second home to them. Besides the border cities they don't seem to have much love or album distribution in the US.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa90/ozzy85/teaparty_zps5zz5bwhx.jpg

The Wifey and I at last nights show... We did the meet and greet and were pretty much front and center for the whole show. Pretty fantastic! What is it about Canadian power trios? Wife took a good shot of Jeff Martin playing a twin-neck Epiphone. I'll find it and post it later. As powerful as the albums are, they are bombastic live. Powerhouse drumming by Jeff Burrows.

Cooool. :haz: Great that you enjoyed the show.

I hope that I'm able to see, at least one show of them, one day.

greyfriar, I sincerely hope that you will get to see them live, too! I've been fortunate to see them several times over the years and they've never disappointed. They're just phenomenal live--a new level from the albums as ozzy said!

ozzy, I see that I was just a bit too early in asking my question :LOL: I blame my excitement for you! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great experience!

I had a few chances to see them in the late nineties and to this day, I fing don't understand why I didn't go.

When I was in Toronto (1997) to see Rush, I saw placards, showing they were in town, but the dates were outside my schedule. :(

Aww :(

If it's any consolation, to me it seems like they're even more on fire live since their reformation than they were back in the '90s, not that they ever seemed lacking! (Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was a kid when I started seeing them live, but hey, I'm looking for a silver lining for you :) ).

I really do hope that you'll get to see them...even if that ends up meaning a trip to Canada, sort of like your R40 adventure though admittedly on a smaller scale :LOL:

• Like 1

The Wifey and I at last nights show... We did the meet and greet and were pretty much front and center for the whole show. Pretty fantastic! What is it about Canadian power trios? Wife took a good shot of Jeff Martin playing a twin-neck Epiphone. I'll find it and post it later. As powerful as the albums are, they are bombastic live. Powerhouse drumming by Jeff Burrows.

greyfriar, I sincerely hope that you will get to see them live, too! I've been fortunate to see them several times over the years and they've never disappointed. They're just phenomenal live--a new level from the albums as ozzy said!

ozzy, I see that I was just a bit too early in asking my question :LOL: I blame my excitement for you! I'm glad to hear that you had such a great experience!

I had a few chances to see them in the late nineties and to this day, I fing don't understand why I didn't go.

When I was in Toronto (1997) to see Rush, I saw placards, showing they were in town, but the dates were outside my schedule. :(

If it's any consolation, to me it seems like they're even more on fire live since their reformation than they were back in the '90s, not that they ever seemed lacking! (Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was a kid when I started seeing them live, but hey, I'm looking for a silver lining for you :) ).

I really do hope that you'll get to see them...even if that ends up meaning a trip to Canada, sort of like your R40 adventure though admittedly on a smaller scale :LOL:

That would be a dangerous endeavour. I fear that I would stay!!! :hail: :LOL:

• Like 1

Would that be such a bad thing? :LOL: :cheers:

• Like 1

Would that be such a bad thing? :LOL: :cheers:

Not really. I'm a daydreamer anyway. :cheers:

• Like 1