"Under The Milky Way:" The Church Vs Echo And The Bunnymen! "Lips Like Sugar"

RUSHHEAD666

The Church Has A Very Strange Echo......  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Band Do You Dig The Most?

• Echo And The Bunnymen
    • The Church

Looks like your car has stopped. "WELCOME TO HELL!"

Love,

VENOM

If you remember the story, my car roled 1-666-666 on the way to the GHOST concert.

Now where's a link to that B-52s Wild Planet classic...?

• Like 1

@ Goose, "Rutlefan leaving the debut off was a shocker. And the follow-up The Blurred Crusade. :huh: "

First four are great (four if you count Remote Luxury/Persia EPs as an LP, as they were outside of Australia), have always loved those, but I think they came in to their own with Heyday, just as Rush came into their own with 2112; that's where I'd start a Rush virgin, even though their first three are great as well. The problem is with naming the highlights of a thirty-five year career, which is why I said that if I were going to dive into their history for the first time, I'd start at the beginning. But if someone isn't that interested, I'd start with Heyday. JMHO.

Funny though that you mentioned the debut and Blurred Crusade, as of their first four, I always liked Seance and Remote Luxury the most, with them having a weirder, moodier vibe than the first two (though I love those too). A good one from Marty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yu7UDxigiM

p.s., good post with "Sisters"; has always been my favorite from their first album. Interesting to compare it to my favorite from their latest, thirty-three years later. I love the out-of-nowhere diversion at 3:18; pure Church, even without Marty doing the strumming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iG_Jq3lKxs&list=PL-qEUtaM16u77w1fCVpCYEpKNd0pMEZMm

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

You guys like IT BITES? New Wave Pop Prog. I love them.

I saw these guys open for Jethro Tull in 1990. I forgot about them. I'll have to dig them up.

/\ You should really check out their first four albums then. Really fantastic stuff. My favorite is Porcupine but their acknowledged classic is Ocean Rain. It's all good though. Early U2 with a bit of Doors vibe. Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

I heard the song I Ran by Flock this morning and thought beyond all the 80's sheen and stupid haircuts there is a really good "song" there. Shame we can't see past image and hear the songs sometimes.

The image was fun. The songs are great. I love this band!

http://www.songkick....ic-amphitheatre

^^^ The Church, Psych Furs and the Fixx, in Costa Mesa CA, July 17. Tix $20-$52.00 US.

Gah, I live on the wrong coast (as usual). I can see The Church in VA on April 14 though!

Ouch, just checked the ticket prices. $65 to $450. Wow, what's up with that. I'll go, but man, when I go to see Wire or The Wedding Present at The Black Cat in DC, it's like $20 at most. Capitalism is strange sometimes; hard to figure. I'll go, but I'll donate less $ to beer I guess. (Unless I buy at least one beer, which I certainly will, and then I won't care after that -- take my money! Why not.)