Rush Word Scramble

RushRevisited

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 20 2005, 09:24 AM)
This is the revelation that the refusal of the band to do a certain Moving Pictures favourite live is actually because they've been ordered not to do so by the National Union of Musicians, because it was showing other people up.

Don't do Camera Eye - N.U.M. Plot! 

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Uh...no.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 19 2005, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 18 2005, 06:11 PM)
OK, just to keep the seat warm for Schro, here's a reasonably handy one -

Live Net Lotto, I Cry

feels like ONE LITTLE VICTORY

edited to add new puzzle...its only Sat am & a long way from Schro's return. i figure my answer has to be right...i mean, what're the odds? confused13.gif

So while Feedback was fun and Vapor Trails was fantastical...i'm anxious for the boyzh to get back into the studio

TU CREATE MONEY AND MOOD LP

Schro...i'm guessing your back, now. Please don't wait for this silly thing to be solved to pack us off like good little campers on our next adventure.

I'm embarrassed now to have an unsolved puzzle loitering in your thread. http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/notworthy.gif

I was sure Sneacht would have solved it by now...he's prolly hearing it in the background as he works on it This week's specials rofl3.gif

(5,6,2,5,4)

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 21 2005, 01:34 PM)

edited to add new puzzle...its only Sat am & a long way from Schro's return.  i figure my answer has to be right...i mean, what're the odds?  confused13.gif

So while Feedback was fun and Vapor Trails was fantastical...i'm anxious for the boyzh to get back into the studio

Schro...i'm guessing your back, now. Please don't wait for this silly thing to be solved to pack us off like good little campers on our next adventure.

I'm embarrassed now to have an unsolved puzzle loitering in your thread. http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/notworthy.gif

I was sure Sneacht would have solved it by now...he's prolly hearing it in the background as he works on it This week's specials rofl3.gif

(5,6,2,5,4)

and I'm back! boarder.gif

Wild weekend. Helped a friend move which is always a delight and a chore at the same time. Not sure what happened yesterday, it just flew by. I want a doover!

I see while I was gone you were all busy little creatures. Thanks go out to Rolinda and Madra to keep the engine humming in my absense, you are all worthy of your Anagram medals (what? you haven't got them in the mail yet?)

Let's see.. anything I missed?

Oh yes, Rolinda's little conundrum. Well, we can't have an unsolved anagram floating around here. The visitors to this thread will think noone's at the wheel! (or is it the bridge?)

Nice trifle, Rolinda but lest I dance around the subject too long, I'm thinking the answer has to be:

Dance around my totem pole

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 21 2005, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 21 2005, 06:34 PM)
I was sure Sneacht would have solved it by now...he's prolly hearing it in the background as he works on it 

On a normal weekend I'd have done much more, but the white pooch has been a bit distracted

The Further Adventures of a Thespian

Woohoo! Great picture, Sneacht. You sure make a handsome Nazi. wink.gif unsure.gif

guess you weren't just stallin after all tongue.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 22 2005, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Mar 21 2005, 01:34 PM)

edited to add new puzzle...its only Sat am & a long way from Schro's return.  i figure my answer has to be right...i mean, what're the odds?  confused13.gif

(5,6,2,5,4)

and I'm back! boarder.gif

Wild weekend. Helped a friend move which is always a delight and a chore at the same time. Not sure what happened yesterday, it just flew by. I want a doover!

I see while I was gone you were all busy little creatures. Thanks go out to Rolinda and Madra to keep the engine humming in my absense, you are all worthy of your Anagram medals (what? you haven't got them in the mail yet?)

Let's see.. anything I missed?

Oh yes, Rolinda's little conundrum. Well, we can't have an unsolved anagram floating around here. The visitors to this thread will think noone's at the wheel! (or is it the bridge?)

Nice trifle, Rolinda but lest I dance around the subject too long, I'm thinking the answer has to be:

Dance around my totem pole

cool.gif

Schro

653.gif "....to-tem po-ole" 653.gif That's it!

Way to go, Schro. cheer.gif Now your turn is twice earned. trink39.gif

I was going to wait a bit on the next one, seeing as Slaine has a new monster scramble for us to work on.

However, that leviathan may take weeks to crack, so I thought I might give you guys something a bit smaller to chew on in the meantime. I even managed to wrap a small yarn around it (amazing if you knew how much sleep I got last night).

Here ya go:

"Ahh, finally working on the new album.."

In the studio somewhere in Canada, Geddy was knee-deep in working on composing his first new song after a long break. He and Alex had a long jam last night, and now he was going through the tedious task of reviewing the entire recording, searching for the elusive gold nuggets.

He really wanted to make something special this time. Heck, this could be the last album - the boys certainly weren't getting any younger.

It was starting from scratch that was always the hardest part. Sometimes the blank page felt like a prison, but other times it felt like a new beginning. Geddy loved his followers, but even though they were still a "tidepool" band, the fans' expectations seemed overwhelming at times.

Still, there was no questioning that when they created a song they were proud of, the hard work was worth it. Geddy rewinded the tape a minute, thinking he might have heard something that stood out.

3 hours later, Geddy thought maybe he had something, a nucleus that might get things started. He had passed Alex and Neil in the other room in the morning. Alex was working out a solo on his acoustic and Neil said he would work on lyrics.

Ged got up and decided it was time to stop a moment to get some feedback from the other guys on what he had started. He walked over to the room where Neil and Alex were "working".

Alex was on the couch. He had his guitar, but it was resting on his lap and he was fast asleep. Neil was on a reclining chair, and was also counting sheep, still holding onto his notebook whilst his pen was on the floor.

Geddy sighed to himself. "Why does it always seem like I'm the only one who.." But he stopped short. He loved these guys - sometimes they just needed to be "prodded" a bit.

He had an idea. He crept over to Neil's drum room and scanned the equipment. Then he found it. "Perfect," Geddy thought.

He wheeled his Trojan Horse out and over to where his companions were slumbering. Finding the perfect spot next to both Alex and Neil, he pulled out his weapon of choice and prepared to fire.

"They'll never know what hit them," Geddy thought smugly.

Poised and ready to unleash his assault on his two cronies, he paused for a second, wondering if this might be a bit harsh.

"Nahhhh."

And with that, Geddy pulled the trigger with all his might.

The blast reverberated all throughout the studio. Alex and Neil both hit the ceiling, Alex scrambling to keep his guitar from dropping on the floor and Neil's notebook going flying across the room.

They looked quizzically over at Geddy, who was standing over Neil's gong holding a mallet high in hand and wearing a gnarled face, like a warrior who had just killed his last foe in an epic battle.

Cracking a smile, Geddy said:

"Snide necs! Ged ta work ya bums!!"

Good luck!

cool.gif

Schro

Oh dear, this reminds me of the gig at Birmingham N.E.C. last summer, when a strange smell wafted through the arena. I could just make out a red tinge to Geddy's face, and realised what had happened.

I immediately sent a text message to my tabloid journalist friend Mustapha in case he wanted a Rush exclusive -

Mussy, Ged Breaks Wind At NEC!

This got me wondering, what causes flatulence?.

Gas builds up within the digestive system and travels through the body, where normally it is absorbed, treated and dissipated before causing a problem. Sometimes though, it gets redirected, and embarressingly makes it way out before we get a chance to control it.

I suppose we could say that, basically,

Guidance Systems Break Down

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 23 2005, 08:01 PM)
Oh dear, this reminds me of the gig at Birmingham N.E.C. last summer, when a strange smell wafted through the arena. I could just make out a red tinge to Geddy's face, and realised what had happened.

I immediately sent a text message to my tabloid journalist friend Mustapha in case he wanted a Rush exclusive -

Mussy, Ged Breaks Wind At NEC!

This got me wondering, what causes flatulence?.

Gas builds up within the digestive system and travels through the body, where normally it is absorbed, treated and dissipated before causing a problem. Sometimes though, it gets redirected, and embarressingly makes it way out before we get a chance to control it.

I suppose we could say that, basically,

Guidance Systems Break Down

We have a winner!!!

cheer.gif yes.gif yes.gif cheer.gif

Good grief, that was a bit fast. Not too many letters but I thought it would stump you, er, all the fans of this thread, a bit more.

Good show, Madra. Carry on, my good man.

cool.gif

Schro

Edited by Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 24 2005, 11:32 PM)
Following on from Schro's last scene, the album was almost complete. The band, having monitored The Rush Forum daily (using the name "Dweezil"), decided to succomb to the clear wishes expressed on ther forum, and decided to make Side 2 (sorry, I still think in terms of vinyl) an epic!!!!.

Indeed, they went one step further, and made it the next five parts of "Fear", using the names of classic computer games.

The listing went

Fear 5 - Quake
Fear 6 - The Getaway
Fear 7 - Space Invaders (The Dweezil connection coming through)
Fear 8 - Lords of Midnight
Fear 9 - .............

Disaster....writers block, the likes of which had never hit them before. Subtle requests were made for help through the TRF, and suddenly, like a knight in shining armour, a young composer....let's call him.....BEN, came up with an idea to finish the piece, and the day was saved. For the first time ever, a different writer was responsible for a Rush song.

Later, at Moe's Tavern in Springfield, the owner was chatting to his best customer, a certain Mr Simpson, who, being a Rush fan, enquired as to how the new album was going. Moe replied -

Homeh, Steel Rat Is Hero, Writes “Doom” (Fear Nine)

bumper.gif

If a hint is required, it's an 80s lyric

Darn Rat, I was hoping you had a solution, because I've been banging my head into a wall all weekend trying to figure this one out.

Surprising how many lines of lyrics had a 'w' in them, but none that fit so far.

My first possible solution was

I feel the wrench of hard realities

until I realized, there's no 'c' in the original puzzle phrase. Then, I considered

Took and shook the world

but no dice there either (too many 'o's and not using all the letters).

Oh well, I'm sure Slaine, sfuentes, or one of the other master anagramists will have the solution before I ever figure it out. confused13.gif

Welcome to the fray Andrake, we could use some sense and sensibility around here.

Excellent puzzle, Madra. Had me in fits for a couple hours this morning, until I was slumped over my keyboard, dreaming of a happy place.

Wait a second..

Dreamer - one "D"!!

Then the solution came rushing to me like a rollorcoaster going down it's first plunge.

A favorite phrase of mine, to be sure. I'm pretty sure the key, the end, the answer is:

Nowhere is the dreamer

Or the misfit so alone

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 28 2005, 04:22 PM)
Welcome to the fray Andrake, we could use some sense and sensibility around here.

Excellent puzzle, Madra. Had me in fits for a couple hours this morning, until I was slumped over my keyboard, dreaming of a happy place.

Wait a second..

Dreamer - one "D"!!

Then the solution came rushing to me like a rollorcoaster going down it's first plunge.

A favorite phrase of mine, to be sure. I'm pretty sure the key, the end, the answer is:

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

cool.gif

Schro

I thought for a while you'd jilted us for Slaine's Special (which is seriously doing my head in as well).

Congratulations my friend, my brain eagerly awaits your response..

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Thanks for the kudos Madra. I'm going to give this thread a day or two to breath so y'all can tackle Slaine's puzzle.

Unless you're so sick and depraved you want two to work on at once. In which case I will recommend you check into the nearest mental ward. (I'll check in right after you don't worry)

If anyone is desperate for something sooner let me know.

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 28 2005, 08:33 PM)
I'm going to give this thread a day or two to breath so y'all can tackle Slaine's puzzle.

Unless you're so sick and depraved you want two to work on at once. In which case I will recommend you check into the nearest mental ward. (I'll check in right after you don't worry)

If anyone is desperate for something sooner let me know.

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

A day or two????

It's been four days already - Schro, the withdrawl symptoms are setting in. Get to it my friend!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Sorry bud, this has been a very hard week and my brain is fried.

I won't be able to create another til Monday as the weekend is packed. I relinquish the torch to anyone who wants to give it a go.

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 4 2005, 01:20 PM)
This is harder than it looks at first glance -

Best I have so far is the answer Alex gave when asked why Geddy was pulling the van apart in Rio -

"To get shoes there"

no.gif

but you'd probably realised that.

I'm surprised, I thought it was quite an easy one (they always are when you know the answer)