Rush Word Scramble

RushRevisited

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume I got the last one right, we don't want all two fans of this thread (is it three now?) to be kept endlessly waiting (or is it endlessly rocking?)

I'm going to go a bit easier on you and make this one a bit shorter than some recent entries. At 20 letters, this should be a piece of cake!

For those of you who bought Rush in Rio and watched the accompanying documentary, you know that Geddy, Alex, and Neil have different pre-show routines.

Neil likes to go into a practice room and goes crazy for 20 minutes on his small kit.

Geddy likes to throw on his Fender and go through a couple licks.

And Alex.. well, Alex likes to tell jokes. And eat cheese. Ok, we're not sure what he does.

One day of a show, Alex felt bad that the other two had their special pre-show routine and he didn't have one. So he decided he needed to do something special before the show. He went into his dressing room and asked not to be disturbed.

Meanwhile, Neil was getting his chops warmed up in his practice room. Satisfied he was ready, he got up and entered the main backstage area. Eyeing Geddy, he went over to chat.

Neil: Sup Ged.

Ged.: Hey man.

Neil: Where's Alex?

Ged.: I don't know - I thought he was with you.

Slip: Hey guys, we need your help.

Neil: What's up?

Slip: Alex is locked in his dressing room. We keep knocking on his door telling him it's time to go and he refuses to come out.

Ged.: You're kidding.

Neil: What's he say?

Slip: He's not saying anything. I don't know what to do.

Ged.: Alright, let's go.

(minute later, in front of Alex's dressing room)

Ged.: Hey dude, it's us. It's time to go man!

(no response)

Slip: I told ya man, the fans are waiting! Let's do it!

(no response)

Neil: Look, whatever it is, we'll help you through it! Just let us in!

(no response)

Ged.: How much time do we have, Slip?

Slip: None. It's go-time right now.

Ged.: Cripes! Alright, here's my plan. On the count of three, we rush forward and break the door down.

Neil: Ya gotta be kiddin' me.

Ged.: You got a better plan?

Neil: (pauses a second) Sadly, no.

Ged.: Then we're goin' with my plan. Ok, on three. Ready?

Ged.: ONE..

Neil: I can't believe we're doing this.

Ged.: TWO..

Neil: Can't we get some crew members to do this?

Ged.: THREE!

(Neil, Ged. and Slip go barreling into the door and bust through)

The room is dark, save for a few lit candles. Incense is burning on either side. Alex is on the floor, sitting in a yoga position with eyes closed.

Ged.: What the heck are you doing Lerxst? C'mon - they're waitin' for us!

Alex slowly opens his eyes, looks at the three of them and says,

"IF MAN SIT LO, 'E QUIETS FOE"

Good luck!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Feb 28 2005, 07:52 PM)
Earlier this week
I had Tears in my eyes
but A Lifetime Of Questions
may win me the prize

Woohoo! We have a winner!!

applaudit.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif applaudit.gif

I'd also like to welcome a new member to our Scramble fold: Madra!!!

(handed smalled note)

And now.. er, wait. Apparently Madra has won before! It's just been so long we forgot who he was!

Welcome back Madra! The Golden Anagram Baton is all yours!!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 1 2005, 03:14 PM)
I'd also like to welcome a new member to our Scramble fold: Madra!!!

(handed smalled note)

And now.. er, wait. Apparently Madra has won before! It's just been so long we forgot who he was!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

OK, it's a little known fact that the motif of the vice, which later showed up on Counterparts was originally planned for Caress of Steel, but Neil went off the weekend before a decision was due on the artwork, and met a musician who was also a designer who suggested a different cover which better encapsulated the them of the album.

Neil sent a telegram back to Geddy and Alex which read -

Throw Vice, Have Syme

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 1 2005, 10:54 AM)

rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

OK, it's a little known fact that the motif of the vice, which later showed up on Counterparts was originally planned for Caress of Steel, but Neil went off the weekend before a decision was due on the artwork, and met a musician who was also a designer who suggested a different cover which better encapsulated the them of the album.

Neil sent a telegram back to Geddy and Alex which read -

Throw Vice, Have Syme

Well, leave it to Madra to throw a little entertainment our way. However, I must say he's been known to get a bit out of hand now and then, and while I think we should encourage him to push his artistic license, we'd also probably be wise to

Watch His Every Move

Good one, Madra.

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 2 2005, 02:33 PM)
Well done Big Brother

yes.gif  yes.gif

I would have thought that y, w and two v's would suit your system down to the ground.

Let's be having you!!

Yes, I must admit the two v's were quite helpful. I put them each in seperate rooms and tortured them til one spilled the beans. They were let loose this morning and appear to be recovering ok.

My next challenge will be forthcoming, but alas, I've a meeting to attend posthaste. Someday I will get my priorities straight..

cool.gif

Schro

So Geddy is asked to do a safety video on tobagganing. It'd been awhile, but he figures hey what the heck - I'll give it a go. It's for the kids, right?

boarder.gif boarder.gif boarder.gif

After he finishes the shoot, a bunch of kids ask him if he'd be willing to go down the biggest hill there, called Devil's Dugout. "Sure," he says. "Anything for the kids," he thought. He gets up to the top and starts to regret his decision. It's bit longer and steeper than it looked like from the bottom.

But, he couldn't let the kids down. So he grabbed his tobaggan, secured the rope in his hands, and with a big smile at the youngin's yelled, "Here I goooooooo"!!

The kids watched in amazement. Nobody had gone down Devil's Dugout for years - it was banned for being too dangerous. But there went their hero, Geddy, barrelling down. "Man - is he brave," said one of the kids.

"Man, am I stupid," thought Geddy. By this time he was going way too fast and has completely lost control of his vehicle. Spinning, whirling, yet still descending, he neared his deadly goal with sound and fury.

"Oh my g-d. Wha.. what is that?"

The kids above could still see Geddy, though by this time it was getting hard to make him out so far away. But they saw him hit something, as man and alloyed air car were clearly separated and flung into the air. In a white blur and cloud of snow, the trek was over.

"Oh no! We gotta save him!" cried the kids. They immediately ran down the hill without concern for their safety. They could have used their tobaggons but for some reason were having second thoughts about using that method of travel.

They finally got there. They found Geddy's tobaggon, but no Geddy.

They searched frantically. At last someone came upon a heap of fresh snow and saw some movement. He was trapped under some snow! All the kids quickly started digging and uncovered a nose.

"It's him!! We found him!!"

In short order they were able to dig out the snow around him and get him out. Is he alive? Is he gonna be ok?

Geddy finally started moving his head and blinking his snow-crusted eyes. With a huge shudder, he thundered out a behemoth sneeze.

The kids started smiling, knowing Geddy was gonna be alright. One of the kids grinned and said,

"Aw boy! Ah Think 'e Blew Frost Out!!"

Good luck!!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 4 2005, 07:58 PM)
Started on this tonight, already had boy, then quickly found alone, far and home. Thought I was on to something for a minute!!

Then I came up with "Why Solo With Abe? Toke fart Bun!" , but that's probably wrong!!

You're right!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

About being wrong, that is.

Nice go, though.

cool.gif

Schro

I'm starting to panic now

For a while, I though it was about the time a disgruntled fan of the band's first drummer took out his frustration on Neil while Mr Peart was starring in Peter Pan during his seldom publicised stint as a pantomime star

Rutsey Fan Beat Hook With Blow

Then again, it could refer to the 'round the world trip commemerated in A passage To Bangkok when they ran out of cool10.gif in the Himalayas, and management sent a telegram back to SRO HQ which read

They Wish For Blow In Butan, O.K.?

I'm almost about to ask for a hint!!!!

Edited by madra sneachta

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 7 2005, 02:08 PM)
I'm starting to panic now

For a while, I though it was about the time a disgruntled fan of the band's first drummer took out his frustration on Neil while Mr Peart was starring in Peter Pan during his seldom publicised stint as a pantomime star

Rutsey Fan Beat Hook With Blow

Then again, it could refer to the 'round the world trip commemerated in A passage To Bangkok when they ran out of cool10.gif in the Himalayas, and management sent a telegram back to SRO HQ which read

They Wish For Blow In Butan, O.K.?

I'm almost about to ask for a hint!!!!

laugh.gif LOL Brilliant Madra!! You're getting there but you've not quite nailed it yet. Keep trying!

A small hint: It is a line from a Rush song. A line that no respectable Rush fan would not be familiar with.

Good luck!!

cool.gif

Schro

That last quirky guess should read "They Wish For Blow AT Butan, OK" by the way.

I was just wondering if geddy's experience in the snow was similar to the fate of a rather chubby bunny becoming stuck in its burrow, because if it was, one of the kids could have quipped

"You know how that rabbit feels"

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 7 2005, 06:21 PM)
That last quirky guess should read "They Wish For Blow AT Butan, OK" by the way.

I was just wondering if geddy's experience in the snow was similar to the fate of a rather chubby bunny becoming stuck in its burrow, because if it was, one of the kids could have quipped

"You know how that rabbit feels"

laugh.gif laugh.gif Hurray!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

By Joe, I think he's got it! Excellent work, my friend. A tough opponent, but you refused to yield.

You're up!!

cool.gif

Schro

Back in the '70s when the boys were recording Hemispheres, Alex was experimenting with a zither, which he intended playing live and fitting on to the omega concern.

Neil was given the job of making a special bracket so the instrument would fit neatly. However, the others' admiration was tempered by the fact that neil was wearing the most hideous belt buckle imaginable, which he said he was taking on tour. "No you're not", said Alex and Geddy together when he told them.

The others went out, and after a while, they decided they had to get tough, so they sent a very forthright message back to base -

Neil, If Zither On Omega Rest, Melt Belt!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 8 2005, 03:48 AM)
Back in the '70s when the boys were recording Hemispheres, Alex was experimenting with a zither, which he intended playing live and fitting on to the omega concern.

Neil was given the job of making a special bracket so the instrument would fit neatly. However, the others' admiration was tempered by the fact that neil was wearing the most hideous belt buckle imaginable, which he said he was taking on tour. "No you're not", said Alex and Geddy together when he told them.

The others went out, and after a while, they decided they had to get tough, so they sent a very forthright message back to base -

Neil, If Zither On Omega Rest, Melt Belt!

It appears you decided to keep with the Arctic theme, as I believe you must be referring to

Freeze This Moment A Little Bit Longer

boarder.gif boarder.gif boarder.gif

(however, if I'm right, I think you missed a "t" in there - needs to be 5 of them)

Good one, Madra!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 8 2005, 04:40 PM)
(however, if I'm right, I think you missed a "t" in there - needs to be 5 of them)

Good one, Madra!

cool.gif

Schro

Rice, it was supposed to be "FIT" zither on omega rest!!

The moral, don't post scrambles at work early in the morning!!

That was disgustingly quick!!!

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Well done sir!!

New scramble forthcoming, but they're makin' me work again today. Slavedrivers!

If only they knew the pain and suffering they were causing the Rush Games forum by making me do my job. I mean, good grief!

Today is shot. Tomorrow is a possibility..

Must work Must work Must work Must work Must not browse TRF all day Must work Must work

cool.gif

Schro

Alright, I dub thee "the most aggravating game ever"!!!

First, I'm stumped for numerous days on Shro's last clue, only to find out that it was from the same song that I submitted as a clue quite recently.

Then, I triumphantly solved Madra's puzzle and came to the board to post my answer........only to find out that Schro had beat me to the punch by a good hour. mad.gif

And now....I stand here tapping my foot, awaiting the next challenge (which I'll probably miss as I sleep or work or change my daughter's diaper (that would be nappy in your tongue Madra, I think!!))

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: BRING IT ON !!!!!

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 11 2005, 05:55 AM)
nd now....I stand here tapping my foot, awaiting the next challenge (which I'll probably miss as I sleep or work or change my daughter's diaper (that would be nappy in your tongue Madra, I think!!))

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: BRING IT ON !!!!!

Diapers are indeed nappies in these parts - Maybe we should write a song called

"Diapers and Nappies", with the lines

"What a pong,

smelly song.

Bang the drum,

Baby's bum.

What a farce,

fetid arse.

SMELLIT"

I don't know, it seems kind of familiar, somehow..........

Come on Schro, look what you're doing to us!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sorry guy, had this done this afternoon, then the forum got sick and threw up.

Now that you have that lovely image dancing in your head, let me proceed with the next challenge..

As you all know, Alex is dealing with his court case this week. One of the TRF crack staff was able to get close to this precarious scenario to bring you the following almost but not quite live report.

Alex and his attorny are walking to the courtroom. Alex is clearly nervous and is chatting to his attorney John trying to get some last minute advice.

Alex: What's our plan?

John: Plan? Uh, compliment the judge alot.

Alex: That's the plan?

John: You have a better idea?

Alex: No, not really.

John: Look, I've been preparing for this case for 5 months. I'm ready. Just let me do the talking, ok?

Alex: Ok, ok. I won't say a word, I promise.

(They get into the courtroom and an imposing black female judge comes in and sits down.)

Alex: This is perfect, I'm great with girls.

John: Uh, Alex, that's not going to work here, don't even think about..

(Alex stands up)

Alex: Good morning Judge. I just want to say one thing before we start.

Judge: Which is..

Alex: Well, I really like your choice of shoes today.

Judge: Is that all?

Alex: Oh yeah, and also, is there any chance you could just dimiss the case?

Judge: About the same chance as you being able to pull a rabbit out of your ass.

Alex: Really? Well I just did that yesterday for some kids at the hospital but it takes a couple days before I can do it again..

Judge: That's enough Mr. Zivojinovich, would you please sit down so we can get started?

Alex: Could you call me Mr. Lifeson?

Judge: I'll call you whatever the heck I want, I think I've earned it.

Alex: Well if it's all the same I would prefer to be called Alex or Mr. Lifeson or Bo, I think I've earned it.

Judge: Bo?

Alex: Yeah, you know, from Bo knows Bo? Played football and baseball?

Judge: Why would anyone call you Bo?

Alex: Well, you see Bo was a famous athlete known to play all these sports, and I'm a famous musician that can play all these different guitars..

John: Alex..

(pause)

Judge: Mr. Lifeson, would you please sit down?

Alex: Sure, did I mention how nice your shoes look?

Judge: Attorney, can you please control your client.

John: (mumbles) Not really, no..

John: (louder) I mean, of course I will. (to Alex) Alex, please..

Alex: Stop the shoe compliments..?

John: That'd be a start.

Alex: But they go with her gown so well!

John: I know that but..

Alex: I mean, she coulda chose brown shoes, those woulda been terrible with a black robe! I'm just sayin'..

John: I think she gets that by now but I really don't think it's helping our case..

Alex: And not only do they look good, but they look comfy too, which shows she's practical..

At this, the judge bangs her gavel against the podium and says..

"Bo Liffeson, sim' yo liv' ass don!"

Good luck!

cool.gif

Schro

Edited by Schro

This is a nightmarish look into the future -

Alex is convicted, and sent to prison, by coincidence on the same day that George Lucas is sent to prison for crimes against Sci-Fi perpetrated when he created Jar Jar Binx.

They end up in the same cell, but Alex realises to his horror that Lucas snores.

Loudly.

Eventually, he covers his ears with three blankets and a pillow, and curls up in the foetal position in the far corner of the cell.

The headlines the next day in the prison newspaper read

Felon Avoids Noisy Film Boss

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 11 2005, 08:55 PM)

Alex is convicted, and sent to prison, by coincidence on the same day that George Lucas is sent to prison for crimes against Sci-Fi perpetrated when he created Jar Jar Binx.

They end up in the same cell, but Alex realises to his horror that Lucas snores.

Loudly.

Eventually, he covers his ears with three blankets and a pillow, and curls up in the foetal position in the far corner of the cell.

Not quite Madra, good try!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 11 2005, 08:55 PM)

Loudly.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif That's BRILLIANT!!!

Grrrrrr.....stumped again so far. Unless of course you actually did pay a psychic who gave you some information regarding a particular board member and a techno artist:

SOLD VISION. SLAINE OFFS MOBY !!

I guess I should probably try again, eh!?!