Rush Word Scramble

RushRevisited

ok, first one so forgive me if it's bad.

perhaps something the boys may have said during writing a passage to bangkok

k let share lit splifs

clue: from behind vapour trails

Edited by R.G

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Oct 23 2005, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (R.G @ Oct 23 2005, 01:25 PM)
ok, first one so forgive me if it's bad.

perhaps something the boys may have said during writing a passage to bangkok

k let share lit splifs

clue: from behind vapour trails

cheer.gif R.G, you rock!!! trink36.gif

blush4.gif thanks very much! trink36.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 24 2005, 11:44 AM)
Always good to see new blood - prepare fo the most frustrating addiction you've ever suffered R.G.!!!!

My initial guess is this is from Neil's Klingon phase -

"Kill Starship Fleets"

but as ever, I'll keep working at it just in case wink.gif

laugh.gif not quite madra, keep trying wink.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 26 2005, 04:34 PM)
Unless the answer is

Lift Shell, Kiss Peart

...yes please

laugh.gif close but no cigar madra

its a lyric from the 80's

(ask if you need another clue, i don't want to give too much away though)

They thought they lost the plane forever. A plane that flies so fast, everyone called it the Spark because of how brief it lasts in the skies. It was lost in the Andies back in sixty-three. But thanks to a man by the name of Philip Harley, the plane was foundly, primarily intact in a cave located in the Eastern face of the mountain range. A benchmark in aerodynamics, the British government were eager to find their most beloved accomplishment still in good shape. They vowed to get back in working condition and use it to base their new jet airliners on it's prototype. The news of the find got England excited. In the London Daily Press, the headline read: The Spark Still Flies. Alas, it was hard to contain the glee the Brits had. This was something worth celebrating. A return to the triumph of industry.

QUOTE (Roger Clemente @ Oct 29 2005, 01:35 AM)
They thought they lost the plane forever.  A plane that flies so fast, everyone called it the Spark because of how brief it lasts in the skies.  It was lost in the Andies back in sixty-three.  But thanks to a man by the name of Philip Harley, the plane was foundly, primarily intact in a cave located in the Eastern face of the mountain range.  A benchmark in aerodynamics, the British government were eager to find their most beloved accomplishment still in good shape.  They vowed to get back in working condition and use it to base their new jet airliners on it's prototype.  The news of the find got England excited.  In the London Daily Press, the headline read:  The Spark Still Flies.  Alas, it was hard to contain the glee the Brits had.  This was something worth celebrating.  A return to the triumph of industry.

excellent! well done yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

you're up Roger Clemente

(wow just realised that was your first post too, welcome to TRF 2.gif )

Edited by R.G

QUOTE (R.G @ Oct 29 2005, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (Roger Clemente @ Oct 29 2005, 01:35 AM)
They thought they lost the plane forever.  A plane that flies so fast, everyone called it the Spark because of how brief it lasts in the skies.  It was lost in the Andies back in sixty-three.  But thanks to a man by the name of Philip Harley, the plane was foundly, primarily intact in a cave located in the Eastern face of the mountain range.  A benchmark in aerodynamics, the British government were eager to find their most beloved accomplishment still in good shape.  They vowed to get back in working condition and use it to base their new jet airliners on it's prototype.  The news of the find got England excited.  In the London Daily Press, the headline read:  The Spark Still Flies.  Alas, it was hard to contain the glee the Brits had.  This was something worth celebrating.  A return to the triumph of industry.

excellent! well done yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

you're up Roger Clemente

(wow just realised that was your first post too, welcome to TRF 2.gif )

Roger, I doff my cap to you sir.

The glory of victory is your's to savour.

I look forward to calling you every name under the sun when you post your's!!!!.

Welcome to the Scramble - Remember in the words of the Eagles, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!!!!!.

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 29 2005, 10:49 AM)

Welcome to the Scramble - Remember in the words of the Eagles, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!!!!!.

Don't I bloody well know it. My anagram brain has gone totally to pot but I can't keep away.

Thank you everyone. I pounced upon these boards a few days ago and found this game. I think it's a very clever game. I intend on posting a lot more.

And now, my inaugural scramble. I took me an hour to come up with this one (but only two minutes to come up with the story to accompany it. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.):

One day, before a show, the famous Geddrow S. Lee was sitting down to his regular pre-show meal of soup. Today it was tomato. However, it was gone. At first Geddrow thought it was eaten by his new friend, the immortal Fred Penner. But Geddrow didn't think he was capable to doing something so fiendish. He examined the bowl and saw little drops of soup in a perfect pattern leading from the bowl to the edge of the table. Then Geddrow remember's Fred's pet spider. A big mother of a tarantula. Geddrow alerts his bandmate Sandy J. Lifeson about the possible theft of the soup by the spider, but Sandy confessed that he took the soup and ate it. This puzzled Geddrow. He couldn't believe it. He said to Sandy "I was sure Penner's tarantula ate my soup!" Sandy proved it was him, by showing Geddrow his soup-stained fingertips. Geddrow was convinced. He gave Sandy a Dutch rub and told him to never eat his soup again. The end.

Enjoy!

QUOTE (Roger Clemente @ Oct 29 2005, 03:36 PM)
Geddrow alerts his bandmate Sandy J. Lifeson about the possible theft of the soup by the spider, but Sandy confessed that he took the soup and ate it. This puzzled Geddrow. He couldn't believe it. He said to Sandy "I was sure Penner's tarantula ate my soup!" Sandy proved it was him, by showing Geddrow his soup-stained fingertips. Geddrow was convinced. He gave Sandy a Dutch rub and told him to never eat his soup again. The end.

Enjoy!

While all this was going on, the two boys' bandmate Alphonsus Wrigley Peart found his ears were beginning to throb from the sound of the recriminatory arguements in the room, and as Geddrow's high pitched whining began to resemble an airliner taking off, Alphonsus realised the only was to sooth him would be to ply him with his favourite alcoholic beverage.

He jumped to his feet, exclaimning

"An aural pressure, must open tasty wine"

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 30 2005, 07:22 AM)
QUOTE (Roger Clemente @ Oct 29 2005, 03:36 PM)
Geddrow alerts his bandmate Sandy J. Lifeson about the possible theft of the soup by the spider, but Sandy confessed that he took the soup and ate it.  This puzzled Geddrow.  He couldn't believe it.  He said to Sandy "I was sure Penner's tarantula ate my soup!"  Sandy proved it was him, by showing Geddrow his soup-stained fingertips.  Geddrow was convinced.  He gave Sandy a Dutch rub and told him to never eat his soup again.  The end.

Enjoy!

While all this was going on, the two boys' bandmate Alphonsus Wrigley Peart found his ears were beginning to throb from the sound of the recriminatory arguements in the room, and as Geddrow's high pitched whining began to resemble an airliner taking off, Alphonsus realised the only was to sooth him would be to ply him with his favourite alcoholic beverage.

He jumped to his feet, exclaimning

"An aural pressure, must open tasty wine"

rofl3.gif Sneacht! trink38.gif

btw...great puzzle, Roger. Welcome to the board! trink39.gif

Seeing as it's Halloween, it seems a suitably macabre guess is called for. Imagine if you will, somewhere in England, a bass playing quiz compiler is walking along and he suddeny sees a lovely puppy.

As he walks over to take a closer look, a horrible evil looking creature jumps out from behind a hedge and devours the pup. Our hero does his best Sir Robin impression.......

True - Monster Eats Pup, Slaine Runs Away

I dare say these are some damn funny answers you are giving. I enjoy it very much.

Perhaps a hint or two are in order...

Two versions of the same word appear in the real answer. Also, in one of the hilarious guesses provides, one of them has three letters in the correct order in the correct place in the answer.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 2 2005, 08:57 AM)
Roger,

In your puzzle I have found mystery. I felt elation when I discovered two presents. I've uncovered answers, but I'm at a loss as to what the real answer is.

I implore you, have pity on us mortals and please point the way.

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

Yeah....you're way off. tongue.gif

Not true...though, of all the bold words you've written, one of them is correct.

Another clue eh? Seven words the puzzle be...

Another clue? By the end of the month, the song this puzzle is from will have been on two live albums.

Looking for another clue? You may want to look back in retrospect...

Roger, I suspected you were as convuluted as I am.

I was wrong.

You're worse!!!!!. wink.gif

Are you sure you're not Schro in disguise???.

The reason I ask is that it's in my nature. It seems to me that as we spin the verbose threads of this scrambled web we weave, a sense of ethereal, almost supernatural synchronicity settles in our collective unconscious, and we forge the way ahead as one.

Nice one my friend!!!!!!!!

Edited by madra sneachta

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Nov 2 2005, 08:00 PM)
Roger, I suspected you were as convuluted as I am.

I was wrong.

You're worse!!!!!. wink.gif

Are you sure you're not Schro in disguise???.

The reason I ask is that it's in my nature. It seems to me that as we spin the verbose threads of this scrambled web we weave, a sense of ethereal, almost supernatural synchronicity settles in our collective unconscious, and we forge the way ahead as one.

Nice one my friend!!!!!!!!

Convolution is my specialty! biggrin.gif Thank you very much!

yes.gif Congrats, you have solved my very first scramble. You have won the traditional prize of.....creating one of your own for us to solve! biggrin.gif

I look forward to many more scramblings.

The year is 2111. Unknown to the Temple Priests who control the Red Star Federation, the Elder Race is already planning it's return, and to prepare the way, it has sent an advance party of cunningly disguised spies.

Cunning, because they are not human, they are in fact female sheep.

One day, as one of the specially trained ovine operatives is carefully tracking the signals from a farm beside Temple City's main communications base, a Red Star flag is raised in the farmyard by a group of visiting priests, and the other animals prostrate themselves before it.

Our interpid agent sends a coded mission to an Elder Race ship, and receives the following nugget of advice -

Recon Ewe - Bow To The Flag ; Priests Are Venomous

There's no pretty way of saying this. I've just realised I've been singing the wrong words to this song for over 20 years.

The amended puzzle reads -

Ready Recon Ewe? - No, Heat, Venomous Priest, Bow To Flag

80s lyric, much loved song with lyrics written by a literate and intelligent man from Canada as distinct from......

Edited by madra sneachta