Rush Word Scramble

RushRevisited

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 14 2005, 01:22 PM)
Grrrrrr.....stumped again so far.  Unless of course you actually did pay a psychic who gave you some information regarding a particular board member and a techno artist:

SOLD VISION. SLAINE OFFS MOBY !!

I guess I should probably try again, eh!?!

Glad you're throwing your hat into the fray, Bastille. It's great to have you in our small group here that works on these.

I'll give a small hint. Again, it is a Rush lyric, though it's one that is a bit more obscure than some.

Also, your last guess had a word in it that was mighty close to one that's in the solution.

Keep trying!

cool.gif

Schro

Edited by Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 24 2005, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Feb 24 2005, 04:40 PM)
Alright, maybe this one is a bit ridiculous so I'll add an easy hint

Original puzzle:
SANE SCHRO NOT FIRST !!  AND BASTILE THE RUDE DUNCE WON !! SHEESH.

Hint puzzle:
NONE  CATCH  ME  ERR.

Gotta get both of them!!  I won't be around to confirm the answer tonight, so carry on once you get it. trink39.gif

Regardless, here is the solution to your Loch Rush Monster

SANE SCHRO NOT FIRST !! AND BASTILE THE RUDE DUNCE WON !! SHEESH is

Silence shrouds the forest

As the birds announce the dawn

NONE CATCH ME ERR is

The Necromancer

Now I need some aspirin.

cool.gif

Schro

A small note to Bastille Night.

Again, thanks for joining the fun in here - we like having you. However, if I may submit a wee complaint.

A few weeks ago, you gave this thread it's biggest challenge yet. A 48 letter behemoth (the "sane Schro not first" one) that had my brain in knots trying to solve it.

Then, when I finally did, you, uh, neglected the fine tradition of this thread to give the obligatory response saying I had got it. Perhaps it was obvious, but still it would have been nice. Plus we waited a few days because normally we wait for the poster to verify an answer before we start the next one. Which left Steel Rat anagramless for days.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 27 2005, 04:44 PM )

...Waiting...  sad.gif 

If i'm giving you the impression that i'm bitter and pouting that my solution was never acknowledged, let me put that to rest. I finished my week long bout of being bitter and pouting a full two days ago. And I'm over it. Really, I am. I can go several consecutive minutes without thinking about it.

But perhaps a quick note from you on the subject might be nice, if you have a moment.

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro (Edit: shortened a bit)

Edited by Schro

Huge apologies. There couldn't have possibly another correct answer so I assumed you would go ahead. I guess I shouldn't have dove in without understanding the formalities of the thread.

So Belated Congrats on very quickly solving that ridiculous puzzle that I submitted. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 27 2005, 04:16 AM)
Schro, as one of those who regularly plays this game, I doff my cap and say well done. I suspect our horns will lock sooner rather than later.

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Your words here are so prophetic I wonder if you have some psyhic powers that even you are not aware of.

But seriously, regardless of who gets it right first, I have fun here. I hope the rest of y'all do too.

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 14 2005, 02:43 PM)
Huge apologies. There couldn't have possibly another correct answer so I assumed you would go ahead. I guess I shouldn't have dove in without understanding the formalities of the thread.

So Belated Congrats on very quickly solving that ridiculous puzzle that I submitted. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink39.gif

No worries Bastille. I'm glad you dove in and it's really not a big deal. I'm just bored and had to post something <grin>. Otherwise I might have to (gasp) work!

cool.gif

Schro

Schro,

At this stage, there are o's and i's swimming around in my head and I'm starting to come up with answers about wrongly spelled muppets with rabies guesting on Pink Floyd albums -

"Fossy foam on Division Bell"

Might an itsy, bitsy teeny, weeny hint be in order?

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 14 2005, 08:05 PM)
Yes....a hint, a hint, my kingdom for a hint!!!!

Then again, my kingdom wouldn't warrant a very good hint. So hopefully this is correct:

Symbols on a field of visions

signs015.gif

trink39.gif Well done trink39.gif

Thanks Bastille...now I can stop tearing my hair out and start kicking my own ass.

Ahem, I already gave today's hint.

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 14 2005, 02:13 PM)

I'll give a small hint.  Again, it is a Rush lyric, though it's one that is a bit more obscure than some.

Also, your last guess had a word in it that was mighty close to one that's in the solution.

Keep trying!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 14 2005, 10:05 PM)
Yes....a hint, a hint, my kingdom for a hint!!!!

Then again, my kingdom wouldn't warrant a very good hint.  So hopefully this is correct:

Symbols on a field of visions

signs015.gif

.. And it would appear that our very own Bastille Night put that hint to good use.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Bravo, Sir Bastille, Bravo!!

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

You have the con, my good man.

cool.gif

Schro

Good one Schro!! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who got a headache from that one. Now let's see if I can inflict a bit of pain:

It is a little known fact that the original singer of Pink Floyd did not in fact have a nervous breakdown due to excessive drug use. This is actually a story that was developed to cover up the fact that he decided to pursue his lifelong ambition to be a shepherd. To this day, one can often see his friends shaking their heads and exclaiming:

SYD, THAT POOR DULL HERDER !!

Edited by Bastille Night

That was solved on a sheet of paper in the dresing room of our local theatre during a dress rehearsal for The Sound of Music this evening. I rang my beloved wife, gave her details on how to access the forum and the thread and talked her through posting the answer on a mobile phone.

Her verdict - I'm sad!!!!!

Anyway, to business -

Alex's current problems are not the first of a legal nature to be encountered by Rush. Some time back, Ray Danniels was accused of damaging a sculpture which was located in the backstage area of an arena they were playing.

Security guards accosted Geddy, and loudly protested t this wanton act of vandalism. Geddy denied the claim, of course. pointing out that Ray would never stoop so low. Eventually, he proclaimed -

Ray Hit Art By Stage? Oh Be Quiet!!!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 15 2005, 07:51 PM)
That was solved on a sheet of paper in the dresing room of our local theatre during a dress rehearsal for The Sound of Music this evening. I rang my beloved wife, gave her details on how to access the forum and the thread and talked her through posting the answer on a mobile phone.

Anyway, to business -

Alex's current problems are not the first of a legal nature to be encountered by Rush. Some time back, Ray Danniels was accused of damaging a sculpture which was located in the backstage area of an arena they were playing.

Security guards accosted Geddy, and loudly protested t this wanton act of vandalism. Geddy denied the claim, of course. pointing out that Ray would never stoop so low. Eventually, he proclaimed -

wacko.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 15 2005, 07:51 PM)

Anyway, to business -

Forgot to tell you Madra, your dress rehearsal story where you solved the last anagram in the dressing room and called your wife had me in stitches. Too funny!

To your beloved wife, Madra is not sad, he's one of us! (a distinct, even if subtle, difference).

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

Oh, by the way, I believe the answer to your riddle is..

"Hey baby, it's a quarter to eight."

I'm gonna be busy this weekend and therefore won't be able to tackle creating a new anagram until Monday. If somenoe would else would like to take my turn to start one before then, they are more than welcome.

Cheers,

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 18 2005, 06:11 PM)
OK, just to keep the seat warm for Schro, here's a reasonably handy one -

Live Net Lotto, I Cry

feels like ONE LITTLE VICTORY

edited to add new puzzle...its only Sat am & a long way from Schro's return. i figure my answer has to be right...i mean, what're the odds? confused13.gif

So while Feedback was fun and Vapor Trails was fantastical...i'm anxious for the boyzh to get back into the studio

TU CREATE MONEY AND MOOD LP

Edited by Rolinda Bonz

This is the revelation that the refusal of the band to do a certain Moving Pictures favourite live is actually because they've been ordered not to do so by the National Union of Musicians, because it was showing other people up.

Don't do Camera Eye - N.U.M. Plot!