My Observations on...

OldRUSHfan

Here we goooooooooooo.

I was watching what I'd recorded last night, and was watching "Hawaii 5-0" after having watched "GRIMM". The first shot on 5-0 had,after an opening stream of 'old time movies' of a woman in a chiffon dress, and the arm had wrinkles in it that looked like claw lines, and I immediately thought of some MONSTER from the "GRIMM" show. That made me laught SOOOOOOO hard!!! Oh. (SPOILER) The plot was the "Strangers On A Train" Hitchcock plot, which has now been used soooo many times, it's a cliche!

Next up: A commercial about a new Subaru car that has a couple with a choice in 'where to go', a 'fork in the road' type thing, and the wife starts 'day dreaming' about camping outdoors (wild animals) and at the end of her dream she's about to do her 'bathroom business' when two 'ol' boys'show up, and it hits me that "Deliverance" is STILL being worked into this type of thing these days...

A 'perp' on a show I was watching lately used the word "Macabre" (in a SENTENCE, yet!). The person in question was being presented as a 'low-life' messy, non-sophisticated person, and I haven't even heard a 'sophisticated' person use that term in OVER a decade.....wow. Writers are getting really un-realistic recently.

Another show, the 'good guys' were trying to apply U.S. Law to a case over in Europe. I was wondering if that eventually worked. It did, so I guess U.S. law works 'over there'...or are we being lied to by the writers?

Just wondering'....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Thinking-AHA/Thinking.gif

Here we goooooooooooo.

I was watching what I'd recorded last night, and was watching "Hawaii 5-0" after having watched "GRIMM". The first shot on 5-0 had,after an opening stream of 'old time movies' of a woman in a chiffon dress, and the arm had wrinkles in it that looked like claw lines, and I immediately thought of some MONSTER from the "GRIMM" show. That made me laught SOOOOOOO hard!!! Oh. (SPOILER) The plot was the "Strangers On A Train" Hitchcock plot, which has now been used soooo many times, it's a cliche!

Next up: A commercial about a new Subaru car that has a couple with a choice in 'where to go', a 'fork in the road' type thing, and the wife starts 'day dreaming' about camping outdoors (wild animals) and at the end of her dream she's about to do her 'bathroom business' when two 'ol' boys'show up, and it hits me that "Deliverance" is STILL being worked into this type of thing these days...

A 'perp' on a show I was watching lately used the word "Macabre" (in a SENTENCE, yet!). The person in question was being presented as a 'low-life' messy, non-sophisticated person, and I haven't even heard a 'sophisticated' person use that term in OVER a decade.....wow. Writers are getting really un-realistic recently.

Another show, the 'good guys' were trying to apply U.S. Law to a case over in Europe. I was wondering if that eventually worked. It did, so I guess U.S. law works 'over there'...or are we being lied to by the writers?

Just wondering'....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Thinking-AHA/Thinking.gif

Ohhh, now I get the Subaru commercial. I only saw it once, kind of half watching it, and I didn't get why the people were fleeing the outdoors after they wanted to go camping or whatever. They heard banjos!!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/01920e4.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I'm a low-life, messy, non-sophisticated person, but I get my thesaurus online for free, and as it turns out, I have a lot of free time and I am very bored for most of that free time, so my vocabulary ends up not reflecting my class, lifestyle, or even how many books I read, because I have no attention span. I just like pretty words.

They might be unrealistic, or they might be overly realistic depending on the angle you wish to take. :eyeroll:

• Like 1

I'm a low-life, messy, non-sophisticated person, but I get my thesaurus online for free, and as it turns out, I have a lot of free time and I am very bored for most of that free time, so my vocabulary ends up not reflecting my class, lifestyle, or even how many books I read, because I have no attention span. I just like pretty words.

They might be unrealistic, or they might be overly realistic depending on the angle you wish to take. :eyeroll:

All I'm saying is describing what the writers are trying to sell. I see I need to add a few more lines to my signature....

• Like 1

All I'm saying is describing what the writers are trying to sell. I see I need to add a few more lines to my signature....

Bruh, I didn't get offended, I was offering an explanation. ;)

My explanation is that if the show is fairly recent, it might just be a representation of the blurring between class vocabularies that comes with the Internet, and globalization, and...

oh who am I kidding, it's a tv show and the writers are probably just lazy

• Like 1

Bruh, I didn't get offended, I was offering an explanation. ;)

My explanation is that if the show is fairly recent, it might just be a representation of the blurring between class vocabularies that comes with the Internet, and globalization, and...

oh who am I kidding, it's a tv show and the writers are probably just lazy

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! EXACTLY! (thanks, DoL!)

• Like 1

I hope we haven't reached the level of deterioration of language that the use of the word macabre is viewed as being a sign of high intellect.

• Like 1

I hope we haven't reached the level of deterioration of language that the use of the word macabre is viewed as being a sign of high intellect.

In the world of video media that time was lost LONG ago....(imo)

Ok, this one is about the "NOT AN ACTOR" disclaimer being used all the time now.

Just because the person in the ad is NOT AN ACTOR, does that mean they can't be told what to say, or read a prepared statement to be read on cue? This disclaimer is just plain STUPID, and means NOTHING! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Laughing/laugh3-smiley.gif