Steve Harris loves Nightwish!!! YAY!!!

Segue Myles

From December's issue of Metal Hammer UK:

MAIDEN FINLAND

The legendary Steve Harris reveals his deep and ongoing passion for the symphonic metallers.

“When I heard [2007’s] Dark Passion Play, I couldn’t believe it. I thought, ‘Now, this is a proper effing album.' It's got everything bar the kitchen sink in there. It was controversial because of the new singer [Anette Olzon], but she was brilliant. No disrespect to Tarja, but Anette’s voice suited them a lot better. There’s heavy stuff, classical, even a bit of Disney – all kinds of shit in there. I think it’s one of the best-sounding albums I’ve ever heard in my life.

“Then I got the next one, [2011’s] Imaginaerum. Storytime is a fantastic, instant song. The rest of the album took me a while to get into. Dark Passion Play was so good, I thought there was no way they could ever come up with an album that’s anywhere near that, but the more I got into Imaginaerum, the more I loved it.

“I haven’t heard the new one with Floor Jansen yet, but those two albums for me – I don’t think there’s anything else that I’ve heard out there that’s even close.”

• Like 1

So?

How is this worth making a thread for? You could have just posted it in the Nightwish thread.

Coz why not?!

I saw that :LOL: . The only reason why I got that magazine was to read the Nightwish article.

I didn't buy it, I regret it now!

• Like 1

MAIDEN FINLAND

The legendary Steve Harris reveals his deep and ongoing passion for the symphonic metallers.

“When I heard [2007’s] Dark Passion Play, I couldn’t believe it. I thought, ‘Now, this is a proper effing album.' It's got everything bar the kitchen sink in there. It was controversial because of the new singer [Anette Olzon], but she was brilliant. No disrespect to Tarja, but Anette’s voice suited them a lot better. There’s heavy stuff, classical, even a bit of Disney – all kinds of shit in there. I think it’s one of the best-sounding albums I’ve ever heard in my life.

“Then I got the next one, [2011’s] Imaginaerum. Storytime is a fantastic, instant song. The rest of the album took me a while to get into. Dark Passion Play was so good, I thought there was no way they could ever come up with an album that’s anywhere near that, but the more I got into Imaginaerum, the more I loved it.

“I haven’t heard the new one with Floor Jansen yet, but those two albums for me – I don’t think there’s anything else that I’ve heard out there that’s even close.”

:ebert:

• Like 1

MAIDEN FINLAND

:ebert:

I love it when the old guard openly acknowledge the younger bands!