NFL Super Bowl matchups - add your picks

HemiBeers

Final score:

Carolina: 35

Denver 12

That's too close. I'd like to see Peyton let Elway off the hook and get something in a size 55-10.

Put a minus in front of the Broncos score above and you'd get the number of yards Eason and Grogan led the Pats to 30 years ago.

How many times have the "Fins" appeared in the Super Bowl since then?

How many times have the "Fins" appeared in the AFC Championship since then?

Contraction. It needs to be done.

Start your own league. No rules, anything goes. No? Don't want to give up your advantages?

Shula chimes in!! :LOL:

Still waiting to hear how the league appointing him to the rules committee resulted in him getting an advantage.

Because you've got nothing and never will.

I already told you,

Shula, the league regardless. No active coach should be allowed on the rules committee. It's BS!! and you know it.

BTW even my sister has a Dolphins helmet from the 70's. :cool:

I know, that's why I said you had nothing. There's not one specific advantage you can come up with. If there was a problem with the arrangement you'd be able to come up with a reason why.

An active coach has no influence on the rules? :facepalm:

And Brady cheated? :laughing guy:

Why is having evidence so far past the limit of your understanding?

They don't care about evidence and base their opinions solely on who it helps or hurts.

What evidence?

Hahahahahaha! You do have a sense of humor!

Yeah,

You like that? Thanks. :chickendance: Brady is the Man :D-13: You guys just can't handle the truth.

It's called sour grapes. Brady has more skins on the wall than any quarterback in the history of the game. And it ain't even close.
  • Like 1

Head to head in conference championship games, Manning 3, Brady 2.

They haven't played 5 times in conference championships.

So what's Brady's record vs Manning in the biggest game they can play against each other?

1-3. It really should be 2-2, but the Patriots' defense collapsed in January 2007.

You're not going to argue Manning is better are you?

No, it's self-evident.

You can scare Manning. After a couple of hits, he unravels. He always has. I did't like him in college because of it.

Interesting, as Brady has often been described in the same way to a larger degree.

Brady performs better than Manning in the playoffs. To a larger degree? Not from my eyeball test. Manning gets happy feet after one good hit.

Not head to head he doesn't. Or if you normalize statistics for the situation. Brady turns into a poor man's Trent Dilfer when he's hit. Fortunately for him, he's had a great coach, system, defense, and the offense hasn't depended on him when he's been able to win.

• Like 1

Final score:

Denver 12

That's too close. I'd like to see Peyton let Elway off the hook and get something in a size 55-10.

Put a minus in front of the Broncos score above and you'd get the number of yards Eason and Grogan led the Pats to 30 years ago.

Start your own league. No rules, anything goes. No? Don't want to give up your advantages?

Still waiting to hear how the league appointing him to the rules committee resulted in him getting an advantage.

I already told you,

Shula, the league regardless. No active coach should be allowed on the rules committee. It's BS!! and you know it.

I know, that's why I said you had nothing. There's not one specific advantage you can come up with. If there was a problem with the arrangement you'd be able to come up with a reason why.

They don't care about evidence and base their opinions solely on who it helps or hurts.

What evidence?

Yeah,

You like that? Thanks. :chickendance: Brady is the Man :D-13: You guys just can't handle the truth.

It's called sour grapes. Brady has more skins on the wall than any quarterback in the history of the game. And it ain't even close.

I cheered for Brady's underdog story in 2001. But the reverence in which many hold him is just absurd.

So what's Brady's record vs Manning in the biggest game they can play against each other?

1-3. It really should be 2-2, but the Patriots' defense collapsed in January 2007.

No, it's self-evident.

You can scare Manning. After a couple of hits, he unravels. He always has. I did't like him in college because of it.

Interesting, as Brady has often been described in the same way to a larger degree.

Brady performs better than Manning in the playoffs. To a larger degree? Not from my eyeball test. Manning gets happy feet after one good hit.

Not head to head he doesn't. Or if you normalize statistics for the situation. Brady turns into a poor man's Trent Dilfer when he's hit. Fortunately for him, he's had a great coach, system, defense, and the offense hasn't depended on him when he's been able to win.

Bottom line. Manning plays below his best in the playoffs. He has an extremely long track record of that. I can easily name QBs in the history of the game that I'd take over Manning in a Super Bowl game.

Brady is the only player from his first Super Bowl to his last. He's done it with average (at best) receivers and average running back. Manning, on the other hand, has had multiple pro bowl recievers and a hall of fame caliber running back.

• Like 1

No, it's self-evident.

Bottom line. Manning plays below his best in the playoffs. He has an extremely long track record of that. I can easily name QBs in the history of the game that I'd take over Manning in a Super Bowl game.

Brady is the only player from his first Super Bowl to his last. He's done it with average (at best) receivers and average running back. Manning, on the other hand, has had multiple pro bowl recievers and a hall of fame caliber running back.

When the Pats had to rely on Brady to win, rather than on their defense and running game, Brady missed wide open receivers and looked outclassed in virtually every respect. When he's relied on to manage a game and not lose it, he's very good in the system.

Manning was his teams. Take him off and they're the worst in the league. It's like getting on Lebron for not winning it all last year.

• Like 1

No, it's self-evident.

Who has a better passer rating in the playoffs?

No, it's self-evident.

When the Pats had to rely on Brady to win, rather than on their defense and running game, Brady missed wide open receivers and looked outclassed in virtually every respect. When he's relied on to manage a game and not lose it, he's very good in the system.

Manning was his teams. Take him off and they're the worst in the league. It's like getting on Lebron for not winning it all last year.

Hey, now, Brady can get 145 yards passing and get an MVP. Who knew Judge Berman was on the voting committee.

• Like 1

Final score:

Denver 12

I already told you,

What evidence?

Yeah,

I cheered for Brady's underdog story in 2001. But the reverence in which many hold him is just absurd.

Yep, bailed out by the Tuck Rule in their first game of the playoffs this year. In the second game the offense scored zero points with him on the field. 89 yards passing prior to the final drive of the game and 145 total. You can't write something like that in Hollywood. Because in most sports stories, the protagonist actually plays well for more than a series.

• Like 1

No, it's self-evident.

Jim Plunkett,

Kicks his **!! :codger:

Final score:

Denver 12

I already told you,

What evidence?

Yeah,

Yep, bailed out by the Tuck Rule in their first game of the playoffs this year. In the second game the offense scored zero points with him on the field. 89 yards passing prior to the final drive of the game and 145 total. You can't write something like that in Hollywood. Because in most sports stories, the protagonist actually plays well for more than a series.

The refs. were :pussy: when that Raider/Patriot game was played. They knew it was a fumble. :madra:

Edited by troutman

No, it's self-evident.

I'm not sure but Brady has had more timely throws in big games than Manning. Crowd Manning, and he's neutered. That's what will happen on Sunday.
  • Like 1

No, it's self-evident.

I'm not sure but Brady has had more timely throws in big games than Manning. Crowd Manning, and he's neutered. That's what will happen on Sunday.

The answer is Manning. Better in big games.

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

http://www.pro-footb...0/gamelog/post/

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Who has the better passer rating?

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Please tell me you're kidding.

Nine "one and dones."

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Manning has more untainted playoff victories.

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Phew. I thought you were basing your view on some authentic analysis. I feel better now.

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Phew. I thought you were basing your view on some authentic analysis. I feel better now.

Who's got the better postseason playoff record? Even without cheating. Simple question.

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Who's got the better postseason playoff record? Even without cheating. Simple question.

13-13 vs. 22-9?

Truthfully I'd love it if Manning could pick up his third in what could be the end of the line.

Third what?

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Brady. By a hundred miles. With different receivers and running backs to boot.
  • Like 1

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Coaches under whom Manning has reached the Super Bowl: Caldwell, Dungy, Fox, and Kubiak.

Coaches who got Brady to the Super Bowl...Belichick.

• Like 1

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

13-13 vs. 22-9?

Those are team records.

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Coaches under whom Manning has reached the Super Bowl: Caldwell, Dungy, Fox, and Kubiak.

Coaches who got Brady to the Super Bowl...Belichick.

And? He's about to go 1-3 in Super Bowls with the best defense in the league this time.