New Neil Interview in Modern Drummer

ChrisUK

We don't have any songs that we hate, and there's none that we get sick of. They all have their charm to us, because they were all written from the heart, so there's none we feel reluctant to play.

#flybynight

Playing is one thing, singing is another.

What do you mean?

Implying Geddy can't sing those songs as well as before?

I thought she was talking about him singing them from the heart. I remember him saying that if he can't make Neil's lyrics his own, he won't sing them, because Geddy being able to sing them with emotion and believably necessitates that.

Maybe, I'm not EagleMoon.

We don't have any songs that we hate, and there's none that we get sick of. They all have their charm to us, because they were all written from the heart, so there's none we feel reluctant to play.

#flybynight

What do you mean?

I thought she was talking about him singing them from the heart. I remember him saying that if he can't make Neil's lyrics his own, he won't sing them, because Geddy being able to sing them with emotion and believably necessitates that.

I love how people jump in to answer the question even though it wasn't aimed at them. :LOL:

What I meant was, Alex and Neil can look through the old catalog and pick songs, but they wouldn't be able to do them in concert if Geddy couldn't sing them anymore.

#flybynight

What do you mean?

I love how people jump in to answer the question even though it wasn't aimed at them. :LOL:

What I meant was, Alex and Neil can look through the old catalog and pick songs, but they wouldn't be able to do them in concert if Geddy couldn't sing them anymore.

:LOL: so I "jumped in" and answered correctly anyway :LOL:

#flybynight

What do you mean?

Well it 'wasn't just you, and it just meant at random. It's funny. :)

#flybynight

What do you mean?

Well it 'wasn't just you, and it just meant at random. It's funny. :)

Yeah I know. It's a board anyway so we can expect our sentences to be poked, prodded, analyzed, criticized, circumcised and whatnot by those willing to type

• Like 2

MD: What's in the future? If Rush isn't touring, will you still record? Write prose? Be a dad?

Neil: You just answered it. There's no strict answer, but those possibilities are all there.

Yay, they're planning the second leg of the R40 tour!

Actually it sounds like he's equivocating. In other articles he's flat-out said he's retired.

This good interview/article definitively proves to me he's not retired. When asked about the future, he says, "There's no strict answer." In other words, "Anything can happen."

This band is a living organism. They will create music till the day they croak. Geddy, Alex, and Neil, aren't done yet...bank on it! For example, take the hidden message from this lyric from the upcoming Moist album. Indeed cryptic, but pointing to something in the future:

When you climb the hill to arrive on top,

You forget the journey never stops.

Spindled by the weavers hands,

I was twice a boy and once a man.

Play in dirt

make castles of sand.

Build a fortress of stone

with cold chapped hands.

Time has now

worked it's plan

I was twice a boy,

and once a man.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/MOIST_zpsv5j05ey9.jpg

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/MOIST%20back_zpsksjedkqx.jpg

:clap:

Did he say anything aboot new music and a tour?

Yes, a new double album by January. A 100 date tour this spring. It's all in the article.

Bless you sir. :)