Pete Townshend

custom55

Actually, it was easier taking my car to MSG. I used to park in a place on 32nd Street a couple doors down from St. John the Baptist Church.

I'm thinking aboot packing up the wife, ditching Oklahoma and going home for good.

Actually, it was easier taking my car to MSG. I used to park in a place on 32nd Street a couple doors down from St. John the Baptist Church.

I'm thinking aboot packing up the wife, ditching Oklahoma and going home for good.

Is your wife from the metro area like you?

If I were still single, I'd go back home too. It's very hard when you've been raised there to get used to another area. I miss the type of people back there more than anything.

If I were still single, I'd go back home too. It's very hard when you've been raised there to get used to another area. I miss the type of people back there more than anything.

It's changed. Not for the better or for the worse. It's just different.

She's a Jersey Girl, I'm a City Boy. My parents aren't getting any younger and the cigar lounge is not the huge success I thought it would be.

Of course it's changed - it's been 25 years so I would expect that.

Are the people different? Do you still know where you stand with a New Yorker? When you ask a question, do you still get a straight answer?

Are the people different? Do you still know where you stand with a New Yorker? When you ask a question, do you still get a straight answer?

When you left it was still a dumpster fire.

She's a Jersey Girl, I'm a City Boy. My parents aren't getting any younger and the cigar lounge is not the huge success I thought it would be.

I'm a Jersey Girl too but Jersey City is a big city.

Sorry that the cigar lounge isn't working out. :( Maybe you can find yourself an affordable suburb in NJ so both you and Mrs. Rogers will be happy. One where you would be close enough to go into the City whenever you wanted to.

Move in with Dr. ReGor Suess and his wife. :laughing guy:

Everything is different. It's probably just me, but people seem to keep to themselves more.

Everything is different. It's probably just me, but people seem to keep to themselves more.

That reminds me. I know I've mentioned Gildersleeves to you before - the place that was a block or two from CBGB's. Do you remember a band by the name of Moonbeam that used to play there?

Edited by Lorraine

On 7/4/2016 at 12:26 PM, custom55 said:

On 6/29/2016 at 4:34 PM, ReRushed said:

Back on topic...

The Scoop albums are fantastic.

The first Scoop was the moment for me of realizing that The Who were not a “normal” band who jammed stuff out to come up with songs. The were a hard rock band with a singer/songwriter at the centre of it all…who really really worked it all out. I adore a bunch of the Scoop songs that didn’t end up anywhere else. 

I love, and am very familiar with the live Deep End version of this cover…but this version, which only seems to be available on YouTube, tops it for me. It’s magical…and I think recorded at the height of his singing abilities…