What is your favorite non-chemical headache remedy?

toymaker

When I have a nagging headache, I pinch the skin between my right thumb and index finger. I was shown that technique by someone when I was a kid and I think it works wonders.

Just the skin, or the muscle?

- also - do you mean pinch it hard enough to hurt? Is this one of those pain distraction techniques? Willing to give it a go for some relief...

Edited by toymaker

Since I already take what amounts to 1300 mg's of Tylenol every day that comes with the Hydrocodon I won't take anything else orally for a headache. My mother suggested some essential oil stuff when she visited last because I do get terrible headaches daily. She got me some and I rub some on each temple area and put a little under my nose. It seems to work ok. I guess it would be considered a chemical solution though...

I've massaged my forehead and/or my temples - that kind of works.

I do the temple rubbing thing sometimes. If somebody rubbed them for me it would probably work better. If my headache is just awful I will jump in the shower and hold my head under the warm water for a while. Back when I drank it would work well for a morning hangover...

I do the temple rubbing thing sometimes. If somebody rubbed them for me it would probably work better. If my headache is just awful I will jump in the shower and hold my head under the warm water for a while. Back when I drank it would work well for a morning hangover...

Will a :hug2: help..? :)

• Like 1

Will a :hug2: help..? :)

For sure... :)

My melon has malaise. My coconut is cantankerous. It won't go away.

It might be depression. I know how disappointed you are that you didn't think of applying for a grant to do the study. If you want, I can add your name to my "Dedicated to..." list.

How's this?

"... and Toymaker who, when the goose laid the golden egg, was snoozing instead of capitalizing on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

:)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

When I have a nagging headache, I pinch the skin between my right thumb and index finger. I was shown that technique by someone when I was a kid and I think it works wonders.

Just the skin, or the muscle?

- also - do you mean pinch it hard enough to hurt? Is this one of those pain distraction techniques? Willing to give it a go for some relief...

Just the fleshy part between the fingers (I grab about 3/4 of an inch). You should squeeze enough that you can feel it, but you don't need to squeeze so hard that it hurts.

• Like 1

I don't know if you are serious, but there is nothing that I know about aside from pills that work for me.

Two aspirins usually do it.

tried Tylenol - didn't touch it. Tried caffeine, too.

Who's kiddin' who, I always try caffeine.

• Like 1

Since I already take what amounts to 1300 mg's of Tylenol every day that comes with the Hydrocodon I won't take anything else orally for a headache. My mother suggested some essential oil stuff when she visited last because I do get terrible headaches daily. She got me some and I rub some on each temple area and put a little under my nose. It seems to work ok. I guess it would be considered a chemical solution though...

Is it peppermint, or something?

Doctors in WI recommend eating cheese to help with a headache. They also advise, soaking your feet in milk (whole, not 2%) and rubbing butter on your temples.

And if that doesn't work to cure your headache, at least you'll have a delightful entree...

• Like 1