Unpopular opinion - The original VT is better than the remix

DadRockGirl

The original is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. The remix stinks. Sounds like drum machine. Terrible.

The remix of Peaceable Kingdom is maybe the worst of it all. Freeze suffered pretty bad. Ceiling Unlimited as well.

PIECEOFSHITABLE KINGDOM

FREEZE?

I would rather freeze to death on the top of Mount Everest than listen to that tripe.

"Vapor Trails" is the "St. Anger" of Rush albums. it's absolutely one of the worst albums on the planet. Every great band writes a stinker. "The way out is the way in?" Vapor Trails should be the soundtrack to "The Human Centipede."

Somewhere in Heaven, angels weep.

Hahaha! "COCKWORK ANGELS!" Them mouths and wings are working overtime.....................

• Like 1

The original is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. The remix stinks. Sounds like drum machine. Terrible.

The remix of Peaceable Kingdom is maybe the worst of it all. Freeze suffered pretty bad. Ceiling Unlimited as well.

PIECEOFSHITABLE KINGDOM

FREEZE?

I would rather freeze to death on the top of Mount Everest than listen to that tripe.

"Vapor Trails" is the "St. Anger" of Rush albums. it's absolutely one of the worst albums on the planet. Every great band writes a stinker. "The way out is the way in?" Vapor Trails should be the soundtrack to "The Human Centipede."

Hahaha! "COCKWORK ANGELS!" Them mouths and wings are working overtime.....................

:fury: I'll keep a light on for you.
  • Like 1

PIECEOFSHITABLE KINGDOM

FREEZE?

:fury: I'll keep a light on for you.

Hahaha! I'm gonna check in at the MOTEL 666

• Like 1

You can check in but you can never leave....................

"Hotel Californication"

http://www.loverofsadness.net/LOS/images/gallery/main/ff/541_8316c14c4d21d1563cf9788f52ac5343.jpg

Heartache tonight...

"Hotel Californication"

http://www.loverofsadness.net/LOS/images/gallery/main/ff/541_8316c14c4d21d1563cf9788f52ac5343.jpg

Heartache tonight...

That looks like a terrible Nightwish album cover.

Signed,

"Tequila Sunrise"

• Like 2

"Hotel Californication"

Heartache tonight...

Signed,

"Tequila Sunrise"

http://www.williesimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/drunken_angel.jpg

Angels drink JD.

• Like 1

"Hotel Californication"

Heartache tonight...

Signed,

"Tequila Sunrise"

http://www.williesimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/drunken_angel.jpg

Angels drink JD.

That's the hottest angel I have ever seen in my life.

She's "HOT HOT HOTTER THAN HELL!"

If I could only just give her one KISS and taste that JD on her red ruby wet lips...........................

• Like 1

I went there. I can't listen to the remixed version.

It isn't engrossing, is it? They improved the sound but lost the caustic anger in the process. Something went wrong with VT to make it sound so...right!

To me, the remix is emotionless and without the raw intensity of the original, the songs maintain their strength but not the soul.

Anger, hurt and pain sets the original on fire, and those who dislike it quite honestly have reason to feel that way. But it is the most ballsy, dangerous and vicious sounding Rush album and the remix creates an Illusion of fire, but merely singes the edges of the listeners emotions.

WOW, I mean wow! Extremely well written & I love your descriptions of its rawness! I have seriously got to listen to the old one, I've never heard it & you're the 1st person that's made me want to!

I love the remix, LOVE it, so it sounds as though I'll love the original even more.

Edited by gypsy muse
  • Like 4

I went there. I can't listen to the remixed version.

It isn't engrossing, is it? They improved the sound but lost the caustic anger in the process. Something went wrong with VT to make it sound so...right!

To me, the remix is emotionless and without the raw intensity of the original, the songs maintain their strength but not the soul.

Anger, hurt and pain sets the original on fire, and those who dislike it quite honestly have reason to feel that way. But it is the most ballsy, dangerous and vicious sounding Rush album and the remix creates an Illusion of fire, but merely singes the edges of the listeners emotions.

My God, I couldn't agree more with all of this!. I just think the way the harmonies sounded in the original was so much better, it's like they kinda disappeared in the remix.

• Like 1

Freeze and Out Of The Cradle were dreadful on the remix. I thought they were bad songs until I heard the original!

I've never really listened to the remix except on Spotify :blush:

This is the only reason I ever had to hear it. The original isn't on there so when I want to jam out with my phone in the shower, it's remix or nothing :facepalm:

Oh, and some of Geddy's vocals just sound pretty poor on the remix tbh AND I don't like the way the main vocal is really at the front of the mix in the "something stirs behind me" part of Freeze for example...I hope that made at least a bit of sense!
  • Like 1

Oh, and some of Geddy's vocals just sound pretty poor on the remix tbh AND I don't like the way the main vocal is really at the front of the mix in the "something stirs behind me" part of Freeze for example...I hope that made at least a bit of sense!

So true! I really, really am glad at long last more enthusiastic VT fans are coming out the woodwork. I was getting so bored of defending it! And I am sick of every time someone does praise it they have to immediately say "but CA is better!". I mean, come one! Each and every modern Rush album can stand on its own, for good or bad, without being compared to Ticktock Borefest.

I agree. I'm so used to listening to the original that the remixed one sounds weird.

THIS.

I thought it sounded weird before ever even hearing the original. It's a really ugly sounding album!

PIECEOFSHITABLE KINGDOM

FREEZE?

This is depressing. I can't believe Freeze gets so much hate, it's possibly my favourite song off Vapor Trails!.