Random Rush Photos

Self-Indulgence

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202015%20The%20Fabulous%20Forum%20Aug%201/IMG_0165_zpsgvoqbhre.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202015%20The%20Fabulous%20Forum%20Aug%201/IMG_0164_zpsujkdanmq.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 3

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/146369738-guitarist-alex-lifeson-from-canadian-band-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYItfu67bTMs9RfhcdA9SBZSt%2BT1wXlfSykG9NSdofxSihVvO%2Bhpjb3HYZc%2Fib0V0w%3D%3D

What in the flying f**k is going on here?

I've seen a bigger photo of this. Maybe Lorraine can weigh in on whether I'm right, but to my 1970's trained eye, it looks exactly like he's putting Max Factor Erace cover up on a pimple! :P It came in a little tube exactly like that.

I can't really tell what he has in his hands. My eyes are still on his rear. :codger: ;) :cool:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/146369738-guitarist-alex-lifeson-from-canadian-band-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYItfu67bTMs9RfhcdA9SBZSt%2BT1wXlfSykG9NSdofxSihVvO%2Bhpjb3HYZc%2Fib0V0w%3D%3D

I've seen a bigger photo of this. Maybe Lorraine can weigh in on whether I'm right, but to my 1970's trained eye, it looks exactly like he's putting Max Factor Erace cover up on a pimple! :P It came in a little tube exactly like that.

I can't really tell what he has in his hands. My eyes are still on his rear. :codger: ;) :cool:

:LOL: Same here.

• Like 2

:LOL: Same here.

I know, right? Those shorts are ummm, a good look for him! :drool:

• Like 2

tumblr_m2g82fuCeu1r1ii1ao1_500.jpg

I had forgotten about this brief Siegfried and Roy era

:LOL: Boy when you look back on this you really realize how little fashion sense they had.

• Like 3

tumblr_m2g82fuCeu1r1ii1ao1_500.jpg

I had forgotten about this brief Siegfried and Roy era

:LOL: Boy when you look back on this you really realize how little fashion sense they had.

.. and that makes them all the more lovable

Yes it does because most of us can identify with it. :)

• Like 5

Who cares if they had little fashion sense? :huh:

Apparently we did.

It never mattered to me. Still doesn't. So I wouldn't have noticed whether they did or didn't dress "cool."

But you weren't really a fan back then, were you? I don't think you're getting my point. My point is that at the time it was still considered bad fashion but we loved them more because of it.

• Like 2

They admitted in the documentary that they didn't have a clue about "style" - at least Lee claims they all would rather have just worn jeans and t-shirts. If so, who was pressuring them to wear the glammy stuff in the 70s and the shoulder pads and goofy haircuts in the 80s? Their wives? Ray? Someone in the management office? Or did they feel some impulse to look like other artists? Were they self-conscious or unself-conscious about fashion?

Sorry, once again I have interrupted.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

They admitted in the documentary that they didn't have a clue about "style" - at least Lee claims they all would rather have just worn jeans and t-shirts. If so, who was pressuring them to wear the glammy stuff in the 70s and the shoulder pads and goofy haircuts in the 80s? Their wives? Ray? Someone in the management office? Or did they feel some impulse to look like other artists? Were they self-conscious or unself-conscious about fashion?

Sorry, once again I have interrupted.

I got the impression they picked out their own clothes, unlike today where everything is managed for you. When they talked about getting the kimonos in Chinatown and it seemed like a good idea at the time, and it was. Made them stand out.

• Like 1

Apparently we did.

It never mattered to me. Still doesn't. So I wouldn't have noticed whether they did or didn't dress "cool."

But you weren't really a fan back then, were you? I don't think you're getting my point. My point is that at the time it was still considered bad fashion but we loved them more because of it.

My point was that I never cared how anyone dressed at any point in my life. Even if I had been a fan back then, it still wouldn't have mattered to me. :)

Apparently we did.

My point was that I never cared how anyone dressed at any point in my life. Even if I had been a fan back then, it still wouldn't have mattered to me. :)

Right. That's what I'm saying as well. We knew they had no fashion sense but that was what made them more appealing. It was hard not to notice back when bands had a certain look they stood out as not conforming.

• Like 1

Apparently we did.

Right. That's what I'm saying as well. We knew they had no fashion sense but that was what made them more appealing. It was hard not to notice back when bands had a certain look they stood out as not conforming.

I understand what you are saying now.

I'm sorry. :)

Apparently we did.

I understand what you are saying now.

I'm sorry. :)

That's OK. I always thought their awkwardness was cute.

• Like 1