Listening to rush with final major tour over

madrushian

It feels A LITTLE different listening now and knowing they probably won't tour again. But they're all still alive and young enough that a few more shows or a new album is conceivable. It's when an artist dies that I really feel weird listening to them for a while. Hopefully we are a LONG way from losing any Rush members.

and before anyone jumps on the foo fighters thing, I think CA's pretty killer but the production and some of the playing really does remind me of foo fighters, or at least that "average modern rock band" sound that they have. no disrespect to grohl cause he's a metalhead when he's not at the grammys but hopefully someone gets what I'm saying

I do get it- but I think the modern-rock band sound was more on display over the three or four Rush albums that preceded it. I hear a lot of completely different stuff going on in Clockwork Angels.

I agree with this. obviously foo fighters would never do a song like headlong flight. I was referring more to the production style on CA. CA's got some high quality songs but I wish it had production closer to maybe CP or T4E

If you listen to the pre-album singles release of Caravan and BU2B, it DOES have better and cleaner production. Why they didn't make the rest of the album sound that good is what frustrates me.

Biggest things I noticed first off is that the bass is cranked too high on the album release and the drums are muffled. Such a shame too because Neil's drum work on both songs is fantastic.

It feels A LITTLE different listening now and knowing they probably won't tour again. But they're all still alive and young enough that a few more shows or a new album is conceivable. It's when an artist dies that I really feel weird listening to them for a while. Hopefully we are a LONG way from losing any Rush members.

We've got to keep Alex and Neil from smoking themselves into the grave.

• Like 1

We've got to keep Alex and Neil from smoking themselves into the grave.

Smoking or drinking.

I guess for those fortunate to have witnessed their concerts live over the decades, can console themselves into thinking "Well at least I was there!" as an abiding "feel good" memory.

Ironically, I was listening to one of my favourite, albeit under-rated songs from their Signals album. In context, the lyrics for "Losing It" seem strangely ironic: not that I'm overly suggesting the guys have lost anything, apart from perhaps the raw energy & enthusiasm from years gone by.

All good things must come to an end some day.

I listen to the songs that they played on this tour and think "God I'm so glad I heard this song live." or "I'm so glad i got to see them again." It's a little sad but I'm thankful that I got to experience it.
  • Like 1

Nothing has changed for me.

I wish I could pry the original Vapor Trails out of the car CD player. Every time I try another song starts and I need to hear it. It's been in there since last week.

Hopefully I won't forget to hit eject before I turn it on tomorrow. I can usually manage that.

Forgot to do it on the way to work, but I managed to pry it out of there for the trip home in favor of Liquid Tension Experiment 2. Wonder how long it will take to get that one out of there. Been a few days already.