Do I qualify as a Rush fan?

AnEggplant

Don't be confused by the title, I love Rush. I would go as far as to call them my favorite band. However, after browsing around these forums for a while, I found out that I have opinions about the band that almost nobody else seems to share. Namely:

1) Despite the fact that it seems like a national past time on here to poop on it, Clockwork Angels is my favorite album. I love every single song on it. The production doesn't bother me, in fact I like it, and every song is amazing to me.

2) I love Test for Echo, and yet everybody on here seems to think it's TERRIBLE, their worst even. I can't understand how they can find Test for Echo worse than Roll the Bones or Hold Your Fire (That's another thing, I think HYF is a giant snore fest of lame). I really like every song on here. I love the title song, Totem Pole, heck I even love Dog Years. Sure Virtuality's lyrics are a bit dated and Limbo isn't as good as their other instrumentals, but I still like them both.

3) I find Signals to be very overrated. I love the first two songs and New World Man, but to me the rest are filler at best. Also, I HATE "The Weapon", even though so many people on here seem to think it's amazing. I just find it boring, repetitive, and really weird.

4) I love every song on Counterparts EXCEPT "Speed of Love". Even though more people seem to agree with me on this than on my other weird opinions there's still a shocking amount that would even go so far as to call this the best song on the album. I have no clue how you could think that. It's so cheesy and corny and mushy.

Anyway, this isn't meant to offend anyone. We all are entitled to our own opinions. I just wanted to know if mine were so strange that I shouldn't even be considered a "Rush fan". Anyhow, sorry for the dumb post.

• Like 5

Sometimes people will pretend on here that they like something when they don't really. It becomes a joke. So sometimes it's hard for new people to tell when people here are joking or are being serious.

Don't be confused by the title, I love Rush. I would go as far as to call them my favorite band. However, after browsing around these forums for a while, I found out that I have opinions about the band that almost nobody else seems to share. Namely:

1) Despite the fact that it seems like a national past time on here to poop on it, Clockwork Angels is my favorite album. I love every single song on it. The production doesn't bother me, in fact I like it, and every song is amazing to me.

2) I love Test for Echo, and yet everybody on here seems to think it's TERRIBLE, their worst even. I can't understand how they can find Test for Echo worse than Roll the Bones or Hold Your Fire (That's another thing, I think HYF is a giant snore fest of lame). I really like every song on here. I love the title song, Totem Pole, heck I even love Dog Years. Sure Virtuality's lyrics are a bit dated and Limbo isn't as good as their other instrumentals, but I still like them both.

3) I find Signals to be very overrated. I love the first two songs and New World Man, but to me the rest are filler at best. Also, I HATE "The Weapon", even though so many people on here seem to think it's amazing. I just find it boring, repetitive, and really weird.

4) I love every song on Counterparts EXCEPT "Speed of Love". Even though more people seem to agree with me on this than on my other weird opinions there's still a shocking amount that would even go so far as to call this the best song on the album. I have no clue how you could think that. It's so cheesy and corny and mushy.

Anyway, this isn't meant to offend anyone. We all are entitled to our own opinions. I just wanted to know if mine were so strange that I shouldn't even be considered a "Rush fan". Anyhow, sorry for the dumb post.

You hate,

The Weapon? Lorraine is going to kill you! :laughing guy:

• Like 5

You might be surprised to find that all 4 of your points are shared by others on this board (except for hating The Weapon...that's a new one)

CA is in my top 5 for sure, but others have said it's their absolute favorite.

Test For Echo > HYF, Presto, and RTB without a doubt in my mind.

I disagree with your opinion on Signals, but you'll find that others here aren't too big on the album. I don't like Chemistry or the overall mixing.

Counterparts kicks ass.

And welcome to TRF :haz:

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 3

You hate,

Uh oh, should I be scared? :o

We're you a participant of chess club or AV club in school?

Ha ha, nope.

If you only like tai Shan, dog years, and superconductor you're still a rush fan. Don't worry about everyone else is the first rule of being a rush fan.

I like Dog Years and Superconductor, but not Tai Shan.

You might be surprised to find that all 4 of your points are shared by others on this board (except for hating The Weapon...that's a new one)

I disagree with your opinion on Signals, but you'll find that others here aren't too big on the album. I don't like Chemistry or the overall mixing.

Counterparts kicks ass.

Thanks! At least I'm not totally insane then.

Counterparts kicks ass.

Thanks! At least I'm not totally insane then.

Just mostly. You are posting on a RUSH forum, after all

Welcome!

Do you read the Yukon Blade Grinder?

Nope. To be honest I'm too noob to even know what that is.

Oh yeah,

Now we have some one to try out the tub! :LOL: :7up:

Any way welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Thanks! I'm scared as to what you mean by "try out the tub" but thanks. XD

Well, you like what you like. Nothing wrong with that...

Still, i am afraid i will have to request a perma ban from this site for yOu

������

:o

• Like 1

Oh yeah,

Oh...in order to be a "true" member of the forum, you have to take a bath in this...it's not too bad. Everybody goes through it

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, AnEggplant. Enjoy the Rush music you like and never feel like going against the grain on your tastes/opinion is a bad thing. It can take some time to get used to the forum and strong voices of others...but I'm sure you'll find your way....enjoy.

You hate,

Uh oh, should I be scared? :o

We're you a participant of chess club or AV club in school?

Ha ha, nope.

If you only like tai Shan, dog years, and superconductor you're still a rush fan. Don't worry about everyone else is the first rule of being a rush fan.

I like Dog Years and Superconductor, but not Tai Shan.

Never piss off a woman from NY! :P

• Like 2

Oh yeah,

Oh...in order to be a "true" member of the forum, you have to take a bath in this...it's not too bad. Everybody goes through it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fDc_--Ype5A

:laughing guy: :dweez:

Oh yeah,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fDc_--Ype5A

Quite a fascinating video. I feel enlightened.

• Like 2