Not Good

troutman

Sorry to hear this. Hope you can manage the situation and fly to Portland with a clear conscience. :cheers:

If not, sell the stuff from that guy and come to L.A. :smoke: :o

Oh,

I will be there. I ain't missing this for any thing. I feel bad but I don't know the guy. She just brought more stuff. An old Kenwood amp from the 70's. She will look for him at the parks near by. She won't let me go. She wants to deal with it her self. I am not really worried. She is a pro at self defense. The drunks wouldn't stand a chance. I couldn't sell it. At least not any time soon. It would be the wrong thing to do.

It would be okay if you traded the stuff for alcohol, wouldn't it? :huh:

Sorry to hear this. Hope you can manage the situation and fly to Portland with a clear conscience. :cheers:

If not, sell the stuff from that guy and come to L.A. :smoke: :o

Oh,

I will be there. I ain't missing this for any thing. I feel bad but I don't know the guy. She just brought more stuff. An old Kenwood amp from the 70's. She will look for him at the parks near by. She won't let me go. She wants to deal with it her self. I am not really worried. She is a pro at self defense. The drunks wouldn't stand a chance. I couldn't sell it. At least not any time soon. It would be the wrong thing to do.

It would be okay if you traded the stuff for alcohol, wouldn't it? :huh:

I don't know,

You tell me. He ain't getting it as long as he is here. ;)

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

When I hear about someone like your girlfriend's friend, I always wonder what it was that happened to trigger the alcoholism. It truly always makes me very sad. Was it lost dreams? Failure? Inability to face reality? Too many bad breaks and rotten luck?

A lot of times it's pressure, and the booze is an easy escape. Then you find yourself escaping all the time. Viscious cycle.

I'm lucky i think. I've been through rough times 2x in my adult life, and both I turned to drink. Fortunately the first time I saw it for what it was and woke myself up. The second time... well earlier this year my very patient wife got me to realize. All she said was "As smart as you are, don't you see how easy it is to lose control"?

I never used to have sympathy for alcoholics, but now from my own experience I see how it mainfests itself. You think.. just a little more, just a little more. ......

I don't know any of you guys. I'm still the new guy... but whoever this person is with the problem, I hope he finds his help. And for the host and his lady.... you 2 are saints. I don't know if I'd take some dude in, with such a problem. Even understanding the nature of it.

Good luck to the 3 of you.... from NYC.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

When I hear about someone like your girlfriend's friend, I always wonder what it was that happened to trigger the alcoholism. It truly always makes me very sad. Was it lost dreams? Failure? Inability to face reality? Too many bad breaks and rotten luck?

A lot of times it's pressure, and the booze is an easy escape. Then you find yourself escaping all the time. Viscious cycle.

I'm lucky i think. I've been through rough times 2x in my adult life, and both I turned to drink. Fortunately the first time I saw it for what it was and woke myself up. The second time... well earlier this year my very patient wife got me to realize. All she said was "As smart as you are, don't you see how easy it is to lose control"?

I never used to have sympathy for alcoholics, but now from my own experience I see how it mainfests itself. You think.. just a little more, just a little more. ......

I don't know any of you guys. I'm still the new guy... but whoever this person is with the problem, I hope he finds his help. And for the host and his lady.... you 2 are saints. I don't know if I'd take some dude in, with such a problem. Even understanding the nature of it.

You don't say?

I know you are the "new guy" so you wouldn't know that I AM an alcoholic. It's just that I've been sober since 1987.

• Like 1

You don't say?

I know you are the "new guy" so you wouldn't know that I AM an alcoholic. It's just that I've been sober since 1987.

Not sure how you took my comment. But no offense intended to anyone.

• Like 2

He is doing really well at this point,

He knows that we are trying to help him out. He is actually a really nice guy. He is trying really hard to stay sober and find a place to live. If I did not like him he would not be here at this point. Hopefully it works out for him soon.

• Like 2

The guy is doing really well,

Started moving his drum set out today. Hasn't touched any booze that we know of. He is working odd jobs and has helped out around here a lot. I have been really patient up to this point. Can't say that about some people that we have tried to help out.

• Like 2

Started moving his drum set out today. Hasn't touched any booze that we know of. He is working odd jobs and has helped out around here a lot. I have been really patient up to this point. Can't say that about some people that we have tried to help out.

If you don't mind telling me, what is his first name?

Very glad to hear he is doing well. :)

• Like 1

Jerry

• Like 1

You don't say?

Right on, Sister!