Calgary Periscope Thread - July 15, 2015

Lorraine

I'm watching the Snakes and Arrows Tour while reading this thread. During the Main Monkey Business Alex started out with an acoustic guitar. Does he use the acoustic this tour?

PRS with piezzo pick-up, I think

It's a Les Paul, but with some kind of acoustic effect. He uses a 6-string acoustic for Natural Science, and a 12-string acoustic for Closer to the Heart, though.

• Like 1

Looks like those are actually Geddy's dogs. Norwich terriers that he calls the Wassermans. I think I see a new shirt on my horizon..."Unleash the Wassermans"!

Right, that's what we've been talking about. They missed a great opportunity to sell those shirts. They would have sold like crazy.

• Like 1

Alex swapped his guitar during TSOR. Wasn't listening too close. Was it out of tune or did he break a string?

I Missed the switch, but I did see hiim looking over at his tech a few times at the beginning of the song... Great view, terrible lag here, tonight....

Now during the keyboard solo in Jacob's Ladder, he's stepped down the stairs on the side of the stage and is having words with his tech.

Yeah... He did that in Montreal too... Probably steps aside cos he's got nothing to do during the clouds are parted part...

That's a good point. It was probably something like "Check out the nose on that loser behind the keyboards."

Or "I think we have a winner for most vocal drunk of the tour."

Would have been better, had he had a drunk girlfriend, à la Bob.... :)

I missed Bob, but he seems to be a legend here. What show was he at and what happened there?

It was my first scope... The Lincoln, Nebraska show, second show of the tour!

I'm watching the Snakes and Arrows Tour while reading this thread. During the Main Monkey Business Alex started out with an acoustic guitar. Does he use the acoustic this tour?

PRS with piezzo pick-up, I think

It's a Les Paul, but with some kind of acoustic effect. He uses a 6-string acoustic for Natural Science, and a 12-string acoustic for Closer to the Heart, though.

Yeah, you're right... Les Paul with Piezzo pick-up. Glad he used an acoustic for Closer to the heart, this time! :)

Looks like those are actually Geddy's dogs. Norwich terriers that he calls the Wassermans. I think I see a new shirt on my horizon..."Unleash the Wassermans"!

Right, that's what we've been talking about. They missed a great opportunity to sell those shirts. They would have sold like crazy.

They could have done a nice tie-in with a rescue organization, donate portion of the profits.

• Like 2

WTF? Pete picking the worst possible time to pass out?

I bet that's what happened. His feed was all over the place.