Chris Squire has passed away.

ReRushed

Chris Squire was the archetype of revolutionary musician: as bass players, both John Entwistle and Jack Bruce pushed the instrument boundaries before, but he went much further, maybe out of reach.

Does Jon Anderson know what he is singing about?Sure he does.Try Olias of Sunwillow or whatever that nonsense was.And critics call our man Neil pretentious.

In defense of Jon Anderson's gobbledygook lyrics, at least he admits the words are more about how they sound within the melody. For example, the majority of Sigur Rós lyrics are a made up language.

Although they can contribute to a song being great, lyrics are overrated. Melody is the key and Jon Anderson usually knocked his melodies out of the park.

Yeah, obviously I am a huge Yes fan and it always seemed to me that the silly nonsensical lyrics didn't hold them back at all. I'd rather hear him at the helm singing his weird blend of psychobabble and mysticism.

Yeah Tales is mostly crap. Ritual is awesome and there are some decent moments but no. Its not very good.

Rick Wakeman has a knack for being right about certain things.

Ritual and The Revealing Science of God are both very good. The climaxes in both are pretty great.

The Remembering has its moments, but never really climaxes, making it a monster tease. It's like you are waiting for it to really kick in and get really good, and it never really does.

The opening section of The Ancient annoys the crap out of me (I love Steve Howe's playing most of the time, but that intro is not good), but the Leaves of Green section at the end is great.

It's no Close to the Edge, Relayer, Fragile or Yes Album, but Tales is still a very good record. It's good to just turn on and let play, so the incoherence of some of it doesn't seem so obvious.

Edited by The K Man

Squire/White are only just edged out by Lee/Peart as my favourite rhythm sections ever.

Fantastic musicians who blend so well together to create music that touches me like no other.

Chris Squire will leave a massive hole in music, as nobody else could, or be allowed to, make music like he and the other members of Yes did.

R.I.P to an amazing man.