Awesome night in Chicago!

Great show. Al was very solid...only a couple mistakes that I caught which is no worse than any time before. Being on the floor, it was refreshingly chilly with the hockey ice still underneath the floor. I was hoping to see the Stewie video appear during 2112.
  • Like 1

I've gone over this show so many times since my dad and I saw it, so let me just say that was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Without. A. Doubt.

:D

• Like 1

My wife and I made the trip from Windsor to Chicago for this show. Was a great experience. The concert was one of the best Rush shows I've seen (seen at least one from every tour since Power Windows). For a band that's talking about the need to slow down they certainly don't show it live. Went to Detroit on Sunday night, another great show, and am taking my 12 year old son to Toronto for Wednesday's show. If they keep the set rotation for Toronto I'll have got to see all three sets. If I don't get the oppertunity to ever see them live again, these shows will leave me quite satisfied.
  • Like 4

Positive: It was a fantastic show, my favorite setlist of the four Rush shows I've seen in my life. The fact that I got to hear Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Hemispheres, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1 all in one show was incredible. :notworthy:

Negative: I'm from the Milwaukee area and I hate going to Chicago for shows. I hate driving there, especially. Rush is one of the few acts that is worth it for me. There was absolutely nobody directing people or cars in the (official United Center) parking lot on the way out. You had to be a jerk and force your way in if you wanted to get anywhere. I tried my best to let some folks in front of me. People were walking right in front of moving cars, it was a bad situation.

• Like 2

Positive: It was a fantastic show, my favorite setlist of the four Rush shows I've seen in my life. The fact that I got to hear Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Hemispheres, Xanadu, and Cygnus X-1 all in one show was incredible. :notworthy:

Negative: I'm from the Milwaukee area and I hate going to Chicago for shows. I hate driving there, especially. Rush is one of the few acts that is worth it for me. There was absolutely nobody directing people or cars in the (official United Center) parking lot on the way out. You had to be a jerk and force your way in if you wanted to get anywhere. I tried my best to let some folks in front of me. People were walking right in front of moving cars, it was a bad situation.

I feel you, I hate going to Chicago as well, but Rush was totally worth it. 3 hours to get down there, and 1.5 to get back... Stupid traffic.

The show was so good I went and saw them in Detroit too.

• Like 1

I feel you, I hate going to Chicago as well, but Rush was totally worth it. 3 hours to get down there, and 1.5 to get back... Stupid traffic.

The traffic around Chicago must be what hell is like.

• Like 4

That's the nicest way of putting it. I was warning out-of-towners on Facebook, but I really think some of them didn't believe me. Maybe you can't appreciate it until you're stuck in it. :P

• Like 2

That's the nicest way of putting it. I was warning out-of-towners on Facebook, but I really think some of them didn't believe me. Maybe you can't appreciate it until you're stuck in it. :P

Gotta love the parking lot folks. $25 on parkwhiz to park across the street from United. What? you don't want your car to be blocked in by 5 other cars? Well then that's an extra $10 or so to 'upgrade'.

:bang bang:

I guess I shouldn't complain. I made some bucks on Stubhub so my ticket was paid for. Best of all, I got paid from some stupid chicago people that didn't want to drive to Detroit for half the cost. You can keep your Chicago pizza too..it's just a gigantic dough bomb. :P

All I know is that driving the toll roads around town is pretty frightening.

Edited by EagleMoon

especially when half the damn exits are under construction.

my detour starting taking me towards iowa. I knew something was wrong when I started seeing corn.

gotta love chicago freeways...make a snap decision on your exit based on 7 different signs.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

especially when half the damn exits are under construction.

my detour starting taking me towards iowa. I knew something was wrong when I started seeing corn.

:LOL:

Gotta love the parking lot folks. $25 on parkwhiz to park across the street from United. What? you don't want your car to be blocked in by 5 other cars? Well then that's an extra $10 or so to 'upgrade'.

:bang bang:

I guess I shouldn't complain. I made some bucks on Stubhub so my ticket was paid for. Best of all, I got paid from some stupid chicago people that didn't want to drive to Detroit for half the cost. You can keep your Chicago pizza too..it's just a gigantic dough bomb. :P

If it was $25, you got off easy. I thought for Rush it was going to be closer to $50.

Edited by Xanadu