One Set List change I wish they would make...

rtrushfan

They could drop Far Cry as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather hear Mal Nar or Workin' Them Angels or The Way The Wind Blows, i.e. instead.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they played nada from that album and dropped something in later from power windows.

Emotion Detector - I think that's the only PoW track that hasn't been played live. And I love that solo.

I like the song, and I'm generally a fan of getting as many unplayed songs as possible on an official live album, but I'm not sure that it would fit in the setlist.

• Like 1

I still enjoy "Far Cry". That heavy riff with strobe lights, the creepy video, and yes, I love the bang! :)

I'd rather they drop "The Wreckers"/"Clockwork Angels" and add something from either HYF or PoW (or both, one each night). Going from RTB to GUP was too big a jump in the timeline IMO, and 2 from CA is still plenty.

The biggest shocker to me so far though is the complete omission of "Limelight". Three different sets, and it's not in any of them. Being one of their biggest (and arguably, best) songs and this being a quasi-farewell, it's hard to believe it won't come in at some point. Although I dunno, maybe all 3 guys really ARE sick of playing it.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

I gotta agree. I really wish they had played nothing but "Headlong Flight" IF ANYTHING AT ALL from Clockwork Angels. They just played that stuff.

That would have freed up enough room for another cut from VT and another cut from Counterparts or "Red Tide" from Presto. I definitely wish they'd have played Ghost Rider.

I think they play Far Cry because you get that explosion in there and it gets the crowd fired up.

Edited by Ayn Rand

I honestly thought I would hate RTB on this tour but I think it works well with the new video and kind of fits in with the set idea. There really isn't anything else from that album that would work this tour. Dreamline/Bravado have been done to death so I can see why they picked that song.

As for far cry yeah its probably the most overplayed song now… the explosion has been done enough you would think they would be tired of it. I felt like it really made no sense last tour after all the PW stuff. If they were going to pick anything from SnA I would have gone with Spindrift. I like the lights on it from that tour… Armor/Sword is a little too long I think and probably wouldn't fit into the set and Im sure they are trying to please a lot of the casual fans for the first set to keep their interest. The first hour is clearly greatest hits from their later decades.

EDIT: I had another random question and didn't know where to post it and felt like starting a new thread for it would be a waste. From that tour book spoiler that came weeks ago where we learned the setlist I noticed that a lot of the videos are clearly there in the show. But for Hemispheres Prelude they had it listed but from what I can tell there is no rear screen footage for that song just a lot of lights. Am I wrong about this and did they just skip whatever visuals they had planned for that song?

Edited by mrfriendly

You're sick of Far Cry but not Roll The Bones? They've been playing that since 1991. Enough already.

Yeah, but before this tour they had not played it since 2004, so that's roughly an 11 year break that song got.

"Far Cry" was played during all of the last 6 years that they were actively touring.

Plus at least with "Roll the Bones", they gave it a new twist with that celebrity video. As a matter of fact, that's what really makes it THE highlight of the first half for me (along with "Animate")

• Like 1

You're sick of Far Cry but not Roll The Bones? They've been playing that since 1991. Enough already.

Yeah, take out the song that gets the biggest cheers and reaction from the first set :eyeroll:

Yeah, take out the song that gets the biggest cheers and reaction from the first set :eyeroll:

I think the celebrity rap video made the crowd really excited, I know the Trailer Park Boys got a hoot out of me each time they appear.