Tampa OMG wOw

Some towns have been so lucky to get Natural Science. Has anyone figured out the rhyme or reason? Are they just responding when the crowd shows them the appropriate love?

Isn't there 3 setlists?

lip synching to what, exactly?

http://www.shootersloft.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif

IDK you're gonna have to ask her?? But in her defense we were a bit far away in the nose bleeds but we were in there Hell Yeah!!

Sometimes the video feed on the big screen might not be in sync with the audio... that sort of thing does happen on occassion.

No other way to describe that show but epic. I've seen every tour over the past 35 years and that was the icing. Just the best. My 19 old son was in awe, and this kid knows his sh1t. The set list, the playing, Alex's guitars. THE LIGHTS! The first couple songs Alex and played what looks like his new signature LP in flame maple and cherry red, we just looked at each other and said " Look at that guitar!" He's not a player but I am.

And seeing him play a strat and then an old Tele" for the debut album cuts, and then that gorgeous Gibson for the working man was insane. The laser were UFneleivable!!

• Like 2

No other way to describe that show but epic. I've seen every tour over the past 35 years and that was the icing. Just the best. My 19 old son was in awe, and this kid knows his sh1t. The set list, the playing, Alex's guitars. THE LIGHTS! The first couple songs Alex and played what looks like his new signature LP in flame maple and cherry red, we just looked at each other and said " Look at that guitar!" He's not a player but I am.

And seeing him play a strat and then an old Tele" for the debut album cuts, and then that gorgeous Gibson for the working man was insane. The laser were UFneleivable!!

They both went deep into their collection for guitars. So many changes and so cool to see. Really one of the coolest stage concepts I've ever seen.

Got lucky with some tickets in a suite and the guy next to us knew none of the new music and he was floored by Headlong Flight which sounded amazing.

The sound mix was too loud and distorted where we were but we had good ear protection so that made it better. It seems they're playing louder than they did early 2000's. Maybe it's just me but the last couple shows were extra loud. He'd sounded so good though. He was on! Although Alex is having some difficulties I forgive him! Hahaha.

Best show ever. Amazing.

Got lucky with some tickets in a suite and the guy next to us knew none of the new music and he was floored by Headlong Flight which sounded amazing.

The sound mix was too loud and distorted where we were but we had good ear protection so that made it better. It seems they're playing louder than they did early 2000's. Maybe it's just me but the last couple shows were extra loud. He'd sounded so good though. He was on! Although Alex is having some difficulties I forgive him! Hahaha.

Best show ever. Amazing.

The suites are really nice. It's great to have a bathroom without a line for starters. I was in one of the sections just below the suites on geddys side.

Edit; I bought ear plugs from guitar center for this show and they made a huge difference. The sound was still excellent and no ear ringing after the show or today.

Edited by Ancient Ways

Best show ever. Amazing.

Did some bloke say Animate was a set killer?? Surely you jest mate!

I thought the same, one bad ass Les Paul after the other, and he shredded on every one of them!

Best show ever. Amazing.

The suites are really nice. It's great to have a bathroom without a line for starters. I was in one of the sections just below the suites on geddys side.

Edit; I bought ear plugs from guitar center for this show and they made a huge difference. The sound was still excellent and no ear ringing after the show or today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnVrlY30tkY

Mess up starts at 2:09. f***ing hilarious Neil's face.

Ya know, I'm not so sure Alex actually messed that up. He's toyed with that part in the past to be a goofball. Who really knows with him, he's a funny duck :)

That doesn't sound as bad it people made it out to be. Although Neil does have major grumpy face!

I somehow (luck) got this shot from sec.117 row T; second section from stage right Alex side with a Cannon 170IS....

eta...The show ROCKED!!! FLA Rush fans always deliver!!! :haz:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/rushon1/Rush%20R40%20Tampa%205_2015%20082_zpslopmmqna.jpg

Edited by RushIslander
  • Like 3

I somehow (luck) got this shot from sec.117 row T; second section from stage right Alex side with a Cannon 170IS....

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/rushon1/Rush%20R40%20Tampa%205_2015%20082_zpslopmmqna.jpg

Wow, that's an awesome picture!

• Like 3

You know I have one complaint with the setlist. After reflecting.

Animate and Roll The Bones flat out killed the momentum for me in the set. Like this would've been the perfect time to play cut to the chase and Neurotica. Both are pretty heavy rocking.

That's odd...at the show I went to and on PEriscope, it seems that RTB is getting the crowd up and moving and cheering more than just about any other song in the first set.

Edited by LedRush
  • Like 2

Nice Shot! ;-) I still have the feeling of awe from an excellent show. I am very thankfill that they always seem to want to play Gigs in the Tampa Bay area. I remember when me better 1/2 and I went to the Presto show at the old Bayfront center in St. Petersburg (before Amalie areana existed)and Ged made several complements on how loud we were. I have been attending Rush concerts here for as long as I have resided here (27 yrs) and all the crowds were in it 110% +.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Some towns have been so lucky to get Natural Science. Has anyone figured out the rhyme or reason? Are they just responding when the crowd shows them the appropriate love?

They have a rotating setlist, A, B, and C. Natural Science is in setlist C and I'm excited because if the rotation continues I'll get setlist C in Portland. But who knows with the break in the middle if this will hold out.