possible set list switching (obvious spoilers)

RUSHandOSU

Posted by someone over at RIAB who was on the side of the stage in Austin last night.

I had a working pass for the show and was able to watch half the set from the side of thr stage. I was able to see a bunch of various set lists and lighting cue spreads on a few screens and some printed out near the soundboard. It had one showing the month of June on it and Big Money was there but Clockwork Angels the song wasn't and Kid Gloves was A/B with Distant Early Warning and Between The Wheels and Losing It was slotted with no Big Money.

Second set had La Villa Strangiato alternating with Natural Science and Camera Eye. YYZ and Barchetta had a C and D * next to them.

Everything else was the same from The Wreckers to How It Is remaining rotated.

Im not buying it yet but Ill be in columbus for the first show of June so kinda adds more anticipation.

• Like 2

I think they will play Big Money in June since that song was listed in the tour book. I also keep my fingers crossed for the band to play the title track from Test for Echo Edited by Hemispheres4Echo
  • Like 1

Seems like I'm going to have to get tickets to some June shows!

Does give the guy who gave the setlist rumours months ago some credibility. To randomly say they rehearsed Kid Gloves would have been a shot in the dark… and the fact FOH got pissed at him makes me think he must have been true.

Maybe they worked through Red Lenses giving it a shot but it didn't work out.

I'm still wondering what the Ask Al video is for…maybe it won't surface until June/July.

Edited by mrfriendly

Xanadu is a keeper for sure definitely no subs on that… looks like the majority of the subs will be in the first set.

Having said that to pull out a rarity like Kid Gloves and have it be a sub sucks for hardcore fans… you can always be 100% they will play it on a night you think they are playing it… same goes for Losing It.

Actually...the more I think about this tour.. I'm actually more surprised that they haven't built more instrumentals into the set list to save Geddy's voice for some of the older stuff (that's a tad higher)

La Villa would be a fan favorite every night!

• Like 1

It would suck for those whose show is later in the tour, but I could see Xanadu takings its toll on their backs with those double necks and being removed for some shows. Yeah, it's only one song, an 11-minute one, but you never know.

I really don't want to hear YYZ in Chicago vs any other choices on the list, seriously. I am YYZ'd out.

And I want Far Cry, not that abortion, How it Is from last night last night. It's one of very few Rush songs I'll actually skip.

Other than that I am a peeing puppy over the setlists. Set A is awesome in my book,

• Like 1

I really don't want to hear YYZ in Chicago vs any other choices on the list, seriously. I am YYZ'd out.

And I want Far Cry, not that abortion, How it Is from last night last night. It's one of very few Rush songs I'll actually skip.

Other than that I am a peeing puppy over the setlists. Set A is awesome in my book,

Agreed, I still can understand why they chose "How it is". There are much better unplayed songs on VT like Vapor Trails and Sweet Miracle. "How it is" is just meh. I nearly skip that every time. I would Honestly rather hear OLV, Secret Touch, Ceiling Unlimited, even Earth Shine or Freeze would have been a better choice. They Could even Skip VT all together and keep the slot open for unplayed songs like Cut to the Chase or Alien Shore. Both are much better songs than "Ho It Is". Even 80's tunes like Open Secret and Chain Lightning would be better, I really don't understand that choice.

Edited by losingit2k

Is anyone still buying all this Kid Gloves/La Villa talk? I'm really starting to doubt it, I mean I don't know if this guy made this up just to say something which would seem like a waste of time and theres no other source confirming this. He might have said Kid Gloves based on the early made up rumour months ago by that one guy. Sounds wrong that they would rehearse all this stuff and not let the first 3 weeks of shows get them.

The main reason I am not buying this is why are they constantly rehearsing Losing It but not all these other supposed subs. La Villa I could understand but if they were seriously considering Kid Gloves which they haven't played in forever would make sense they would want to practice it. On top some of these songs don't fit the best of nature of the first set.

Is anyone still buying all this Kid Gloves/La Villa talk? I'm really starting to doubt it, I mean I don't know if this guy made this up just to say something which would seem like a waste of time and theres no other source confirming this. He might have said Kid Gloves based on the early made up rumour months ago by that one guy. Sounds wrong that they would rehearse all this stuff and not let the first 3 weeks of shows get them.

The main reason I am not buying this is why are they constantly rehearsing Losing It but not all these other supposed subs. La Villa I could understand but if they were seriously considering Kid Gloves which they haven't played in forever would make sense they would want to practice it. On top some of these songs don't fit the best of nature of the first set.

Yeah I agree with you...hell even though they've played La villa a lot on past tours its still so difficult Im sure theyd have to rehearse that at least every other show..but yeah we will soon find out the validity of these rumors (99% that their false though IMO)

I notice you are seeing them in Columbus so you'll be the first to know but yeah I really do not buy multiple set list changes for different months. If you notice their general pattern for all tours they like to stick to what they are doing and not make drastic changes. Losing It will pop up for sure at I guess some select dates which is why they are actively practicing it every soundcheck because I'd imagine that is their only time to practice stuff.. I doubt they hang out on off days and play even more music I would imagine Ged needs the rest.

But Kid Gloves, Big Money, La Villa all suddenly making appearances? I doubt it.. they've got enough to worry about with this type of show and they are doing plenty of decent swaps. The show is tight enough as it is I doubt they wanna make things more complex. It does beg the question why someone would want to start a false rumour lol.

I did read somewhere that Big money was being soundchecked somewhere but can't remember where... ill try and find it, but Alex said in one of his interviews that they omitted power windows from this tour. But I agree Losing it will definitely make an appearance.

Posted by someone over at RIAB who was on the side of the stage in Austin last night.

I had a working pass for the show and was able to watch half the set from the side of thr stage. I was able to see a bunch of various set lists and lighting cue spreads on a few screens and some printed out near the soundboard. It had one showing the month of June on it and Big Money was there but Clockwork Angels the song wasn't and Kid Gloves was A/B with Distant Early Warning and Between The Wheels and Losing It was slotted with no Big Money.

Second set had La Villa Strangiato alternating with Natural Science and Camera Eye. YYZ and Barchetta had a C and D * next to them.

Everything else was the same from The Wreckers to How It Is remaining rotated.

Im not buying it yet but Ill be in columbus for the first show of June so kinda adds more anticipation.

I can fathom some more changes to the first half setlist, but I can't fathom any changes for the second half.

I particularly cannot fathom any changes in the set after "Jacob's Ladder". "Hemispheres Prelude" is a perfect segway from JL, and then that segways nicely into "Cygnus X-1" and everything else after that. They have a perfect flow going, and I can't see them disrupting that any further.

I remember after the first show we thought there was a chance they may be subbing Jacobs Ladder and luckily they haven't because they know people would be rioting lol. Even for a deep cut it got quite an ovation amongst the crowd last night which surprised me because even casual fans I wouldn't think would know that one. But yes the 2nd set is not going to have drastic alterations.

Im all for rarities and hopefully Kid Gloves shows up but I'm really thinking this is bogus mainly because that first set has a very greatest hits feel to it. Not really any rarities so I can't see them subbing in DEW for Kid Gloves. Like people said and of course its in the tour book but Big Money might have been abandoned. Alex seemed pretty clear in stating no HYF/PW stuff since the last tour was pretty much PW. And again why rehearse all those songs and only start bringing them out towards the middle to end of tour? I think I am 99% sure the only other track we'll get is Losing It.