Vacation Time!!

troutman

Troutman, is this your long awaited fishing trip that you haven't been on in years and were determined to go on this year come hell or high water?

Yep,

And the report is the water is low. :LOL: :D

• Like 2

Troutman, is this your long awaited fishing trip that you haven't been on in years and were determined to go on this year come hell or high water?

Yep,

I truly hope you have a great time. I know you were looking forward to this.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of your fishing song at the moment. Can you help me out? It's very frustrating when I want to remember something and can't do t.

• Like 1

Yep,

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of your fishing song at the moment. Can you help me out? It's very frustrating when I want to remember something and can't do t.

Not sure,

Did I post it some where?

Oh yeah,

Less than 24 hrs. to go. Can't wait to get back to one of my favorite streams in Alaska !! :7up: :haz: :D

Have a wonderful time! I envy you. Some pictures of your catches will help us believe your success, lol.

When I'm retired, I'm going to get back into fishing... I love it.

• Like 1

Oh yeah,

Less than 24 hrs. to go. Can't wait to get back to one of my favorite streams in Alaska !! :7up: :haz: :D

Have a wonderful time! I envy you. Some pictures of your catches will help us believe your success, lol.

When I'm retired, I'm going to get back into fishing... I love it.

A friend has already been there,

Hopefully he didn't scare them all off. :madra: :P

• Like 1

Yep,

Not sure,

A few times you've mentioned the song in the music section as your "fishing song" or the song you like to listen to when you are fishing. :huh:

• Like 1

Yep,

Had the opposite the other night. On Sunday night, I fished a small lake that ive fished for years. It was a full moon, which is great for night fishing. It was my first time out to that lake this year- weve gotten almost 30 inches of rain this year, the water was really high, it was like a whole different lake. The surface area of the lake increased tremndously, I had a hard time getting my bearings as to where the different down trees and creek channels where....I caught a few but not as good as I normally do

• Like 1

Yep,

Not sure,

A few times you've mentioned the song in the music section as your "fishing song" or the song you like to listen to when you are fishing. :huh:

Oh yeah,

Steely Dan - Any Major Dude Will Tell You. Thats for a special place up north. :D

• Like 1

Yep,

Had the opposite the other night. On Sunday night, I fished a small lake that ive fished for years. It was a full moon, which is great for night fishing. It was my first time out to that lake this year- weve gotten almost 30 inches of rain this year, the water was really high, it was like a whole different lake. The surface area of the lake increased tremndously, I had a hard time getting my bearings as to where the different down trees and creek channels where....I caught a few but not as good as I normally do

Yeah,

I will take the lower water any day. At least you have a better chance.

• Like 2

Yep,

Not sure,

Oh yeah,

Steely Dan - Any Major Dude Will Tell You. Thats for a special place up north. :D

That's the one!

Well, Troutman, I hope you have the time of your life. I know how much you have been looking forward to this trip. :)

Hopefully, we will all be here when you get back. :unsure:

Bon voyage! :hi:

• Like 1

Yep,

Yeah,

I will take the lower water any day. At least you have a better chance.

Especially with a fly rod

• Like 1

Yep,

Not sure,

Oh yeah,

That's the one!

Well, Troutman, I hope you have the time of your life. I know how much you have been looking forward to this trip. :)

It will be bitter/sweet in a way,

One of my close fishing friends will be going. But then leaving the state after that. He is moving to Washington. So many great memories. He can catch fish like no other. :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Yep,

Not sure,

Oh yeah,

That's the one!

One of my close fishing friends will be going. But then leaving the state after that. He is moving to Washington. So many great memories. He can catch fish like no other. :D

Leave NOTHING unsaid between friends. Enjoy bud...you'll be missed!

• Like 1

Yep,

Not sure,

Oh yeah,

That's the one!

Leave NOTHING unsaid between friends. Enjoy bud...you'll be missed!

Yeah,

I found this special place decades ago. I must have walked over 100 miles during that week. I paid my dues finding many hidden gems around the state. Only a few close friends know of it. I have not been there since 2009. The other two friends have gone every year since then. I will kiss the ground once I get off of the float plane. :notworthy:

• Like 3